Best (and worst) beers you’ve ever had - redux

AUDub

I’m not sure what has happened to me today. I have made two batches of simple syrup...hibiscus and lavender. Then we went to Olive Garden and I totally crushed a couple 16oz Blue Moons. And they were orangy delicious. And I’m not even apologizing.

FBFB1D80-EF03-4415-8AD2-D1B345683C4B.jpeg

Edited by Tiger Refuge
  • Like 1

On 7/13/2019 at 11:25 AM, Tiger Refuge said:

The haze bros pitched a fit when FT initially released this beer. I guess because it didn’t taste a like f’in juice box. Well, kudos to FT for not caving. They “reformulated” it to make its appearance more consistently hazy, but the taste is really nice. Classic APA, billed as a “Louisiana Pale Ale”. Clean, dry, grapefruit/orange peel.  Supposedly sessionable at 6%😳

Crazy that you could offer one beer described this way, and then offer another described as "SO JUICY and HAZY and JUICYHAZY and YOU WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO SEE THE SUN IF IT WAS RIGHT BEHIND THE GLASS" and the bros would choose the latter one. 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I made it about 3 sips and had to do it 

BHKtn3C.mp4

Much better

IIvORoa.jpg

That looks much better.

I don't like chunky beer. 

3 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Some floaties are okay. But I shouldn’t have to drag out a cheesecloth to drink a beer. 

I try to let them sit and then don't pour the last ounce. My brother in law rolls the can on the counter to maximize particulate dispersion, lol. 

Edited by McLoofus

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I try to let them sit and then don't pour the last ounce. My brother in law rolls the can on the counter to maximize particulate dispersion, lol. 

There was no way that beer was going to even out. It tasted even worse as I let it sit and warm up slightly. 

You BiL must be taking notes from M-43:

vE04egJ.jpg

2 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

There was no way that beer was going to even out. It tasted even worse as I let it sit and warm up slightly. 

You BiL must be taking notes from M-43:

vE04egJ.jpg

Hah! Never noticed that. 

I still love Alchemist for telling people to just drink Heady out of the can. Always tasted great to me that way. 

10 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Hah! Never noticed that. 

I still love Alchemist for telling people to just drink Heady out of the can. Always tasted great to me that way. 

I just did the rolling thing as instructed. Tastes just the same 🤷‍♂️. Delicious. 

• Haha 1

Haven't posted much lately.

Career change incoming. MarCor Water Purification has offered me their FSE 3 position for the Alabama area. More work, but easily double the pay. Company truck and all that. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, AUDub said:

Haven't posted much lately.

Career change incoming. MarCor Water Purification has offered me their FSE 3 position for the Alabama area. More work, but easily double the pay. Company truck and all that. 

Whoa. That's a game changer. Congrats!

8 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Whoa. That's a game changer. Congrats!

Yeah it's going to be weird. Right now I'm a pretty well rounded Biomed, but this job will almost exclusively be RO and DI water purification for dialysis units and the like.

Bit of a learning curve, but I'll get to shadow the guy I'll be replacing for a few months prior to taking over.

But it's a 25 foot box truck, which means I'll need log miles for DOT purposes and the like. Also means going through weigh stations. 

13 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Yeah it's going to be weird. Right now I'm a pretty well rounded Biomed, but this job will almost exclusively be RO and DI water purification for dialysis units and the like.

Bit of a learning curve, but I'll get to shadow the guy I'll be replacing for a few months prior to taking over.

But it's a 25 foot box truck, which means I'll need log miles for DOT purposes and the like. Also means going through weigh stations. 

That sounds pretty fun, man! Seems like it’ll be cool to be out and about. Lots of travel?

Edited by Tiger Refuge

19 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

That sounds pretty fun, man! Seems like it’ll be cool to be out and about. Lots of travel?

Not a ton. Border to border Alabama with a smidgen of the panhandle, so at most a 6 hour one way drive for the required work. Could make a lot more money if I'm willing to live in the truck too.

Has major upsides. I'd basically be my own boss. Closest direct superior is in Atlanta, and I'd only have to go there rarely.

• Like 1

Pine Chi IPA at Natchez Brewing Co. one of the best beers I’ve had in a while. Smooth, juicy. Great mouthfeel. Pineapple with a coconut finish. Just delicious. About as close to a piña colada mixed with IPA that you could get. 

20BB6A14-B3CE-4DFD-BB55-1DB0F755C09D.jpeg

Funny story from yesterday. I accepted the position Thursday, conditional of a BG screen and drug test. Went for the drug screen that afternoon. 

Yesterday, I'm trying to close my month out before going on vacation next week. I'll turn in my notice the day I get back. Our secretary is out sick and our director, Kelvin, is taking a personal day. Hence, I am the biomed operator for the day. Get a call around 1:00pm:

Dub: "Biomedical Engineering."

Dude: "Hi. May I speak to Kelvin Knight?" 

Dub: "I'm afraid he's out today. May I take a message?' 

Dude: "I'm looking for somebody in employment verification."

*beat*

Dub: "...for a background check?"

Dude: "Yes."

(another beat)

Dub: "For Jesse Benson at Children's of Alabama?"

Dude: "Um, yes."

(yet another beat)

Dub: "I am the one you're trying to verify. Here's the number for HR. They can verify my employment."

Cat almost got out of the bag there lol.

• Haha 2