Best (and worst) beers you’ve ever had - redux

AUDub

For anyone interested, episodes five and six of Netflix's Heist are about "Pappygate," the theft of about 200 bottles of Pappy Van Winkle. Also, stealing barrels from the Buffalo Trace distillery. It is very entertaining. Look for "The Bourbon King," part 1 and 2. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cbo said:

For anyone interested, episodes five and six of Netflix's Heist are about "Pappygate," the theft of about 200 bottles of Pappy Van Winkle. Also, stealing barrels from the Buffalo Trace distillery. It is very entertaining. Look for "The Bourbon King," part 1 and 2. 

$200/shot for the 23 year at a local steakhouse. Weller 12 is $50 per. If I'm not mistaken, MSRP for a bottle is still well under $50. I hate bourbon. I love bourbon. 

Have been tempted to watch that show. Your rec might push me to actually do it.

Didn't get a pic but had Fullsteam's Pilsner last night at dinner. Our final course was lamb curry and a smoked chicken huarache. The pilsner was a perfect pairing. Only bad part was that they served it in a tulip glass. Now, this place isn't a beer bar, but it's a high end restaurant, and I feel like they should take their beer seriously. Freaking amazing food, though. Easily the best and most (only?) creative place in our area. Farm, in Bluffton. It's our every-date-night place now. Last night we started with peaches, burrata and ham and Mexican-inspired roasted oysters, then moved to Korean-inspired okra and a succotash with smoked tomatoes, then finished with the dishes mentioned above. All made with locally sourced, sustainable ingredients. I freaking love just about every international cuisine I've tried and to be able to bounce around countries like that with locally sourced, sustainable ingredients elevated by an ace chef... practically my dream restaurant. Just a damned shame about that beer glass.

Sorry for all that. It was just a damned good night and we don't have a date night humblebrag thread and y'all would love this place. 

While I'm at it, had two bourbon cocktails. First one I almost sent back because it clearly had clear liquor in it. Turns out they have a process where they strain the color out of the bourbon? The cocktail was okay. The second one was much better. Whiskey sour with ginger, plum, and a meringue. (Shoutout @Tiger Refuge)

Had this one last night and it was pretty tasty. Note to self: stop at one when you see “10%”🤦🏻‍♂️

98782D87-D577-4143-9679-D8D1413B76CC.jpeg

Edited by fredst
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, fredst said:

Had this one last night and it was pretty tasty. Note to self: stop at one when you see “10%”🤦🏻‍♂️

98782D87-D577-4143-9679-D8D1413B76CC.jpeg

What Loof sees in his monkey mind when he thinks about West Coast IPAs making a comeback:

Helms Deep Charge GIF | Gfycat

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

What Loof sees in his monkey mind when he thinks about West Coast IPAs making a comeback:

Helms Deep Charge GIF | Gfycat

Love that scene in the movie and the book. I will remember it with the next West Coast IPA that I enjoy

• Haha 1

Local brewery that has a couple very solid beers among some forgettable ones. But the bartender likes to serve up blends and why not. This is their flagship NEIPA and a berry Berliner weisse. It's good! Very quaffable on a hot day.

PXL_20210808_180035013.MP.jpg

Edited by McLoofus
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, fredst said:

Good to hear. NOLA looks like a huge mess

Yeah, big mess for sure. Lots of folks feeling the ill effects of this one. I’ve been on the west coast for three weeks, so I’ve missed all the local coverage.

My current situation. I haven't had a beer in a few weeks. I’m off now, and hanging in southern Oregon.

Just.
Poop.

Some random taphouse/taqueria in Klamath Falls. 

I’m super jealous I can’t get this every day.

1477BF58-52EB-4EAE-996D-F40815343286.jpeg

• Love 1

3 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

My current situation. I haven't had a beer in a few weeks. I’m off now, and hanging in southern Oregon.

Just.
Poop.

No clue what you're eating or what you're drinking, yet I am jealous as all hell.

More importantly, I'm glad you're not currently in a forest that is on fire. R&R or are you heading home soon?

So glad you guys pulled through the storm okay!

• Love 1

52 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

No clue what you're eating or what you're drinking, yet I am jealous as all hell.

More importantly, I'm glad you're not currently in a forest that is on fire. R&R or are you heading home soon?

So glad you guys pulled through the storm okay!

Headed home. I’m freaking wrecked. Been on night shift for the whole roll. Jeezbus, I’m too old for this shid.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

49 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Headed home. I’m freaking wrecked. Been on night shift for the whole roll. Jeezbus, I’m too old for this shid.

That sounds like ten kinds of hard. Safe travels and get some rest. And breathe non smokey air in the daylight, if you've a mind to.

• Love 1

14 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

That sounds like ten kinds of hard. Safe travels and get some rest. And breathe non smokey air in the daylight, if you've a mind to.

Dude. I’m f’in cooking some steak Friday and getting HAMMMERED on bourbon.

• Love 1

6 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Just.
Poop.

Nice. Spent last week around Jackson, Wyoming DIY fishing then moved over to a lodge in Idaho fishing the south fork of the Snake. A little hazy from smoke but, damn, I love it out there.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• Members Online