Best (and worst) beers you’ve ever had - redux

AUDub

8 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Bunch of people griping because they didn’t get to buy?

Yeah, folks that don’t understand how the instructions work. Basically Parish assigned you a random number and put you in a virtual waiting room. Once there, numbers were randomly generated and those folks were “let in” to make their purchase. A few stumbling blocks here and there, but it seemed to work for the most part. The funny part was all the butthurt that ensued after for those that didn’t get any. I mean full in grow ass dudes throwing tantrums. Like geeze man, it’s beer....

Ive never had any luck with the online stuff, so I’ll just hope to maybe get one or two in a trade. 

And listen to me admonishing those dudes while bitching myself about Parish and their lack of love for NELA. I’ll heed my own advise for the moment. It’s really not Parish, it’s distro that leaves us wanting here. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Yeah, folks that don’t understand how the instructions work. Basically Parish assigned you a random number and put you in a virtual waiting room. Once there, numbers were randomly generated and those folks were “let in” to make their purchase. A few stumbling blocks here and there, but it seemed to work for the most part. The funny part was all the butthurt that ensued after for those that didn’t get any. I mean full in grow ass dudes throwing tantrums. Like geeze man, it’s beer....

Ive never had any luck with the online stuff, so I’ll just hope to maybe get one or two in a trade. 

And listen to me admonishing those dudes while bitching myself about Parish and their lack of love for NELA. I’ll heed my own advise for the moment. It’s really not Parish, it’s distro that leaves us wanting here. 

I don't get it. Is it really about the beer, or is it about cred? Are some of these folks basing their identity around beer collecting to the point that not scoring limited releases constitutes personal failure? I can actually imagine that and might have even been that guy once upon a time. But I feel like when I was whale hunting, the whales were still unique enough that the beer drinking experience really was unobtainable otherwise. Like, for a minute there, you could only get NEIPAs in NE. And Trillium was doing something completely different than Alchemist. You had to go at least as far west as the Rockies to get something like Pliny, you had to go to Wisconsin or Michigan to get truly great fruited beers, etc. With the market like it is now, I mean, sure, try to get that special special, but don't lose sleep over it. 

Oh, s***. I really am doing that old man thing. Okay, I'll go deal with this little personal crisis on my own time. Apologies.

As for the distro thing, I hear ya. That's complicated. I'd probably admonish, too, though. Like, if I can get at least half a dozen Parish SKUs in Savannah, GA, then you're right to feel like you should be able to get damned near whatever they've got damned near whenever you want. 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Gotcha. Yeah, the minuscule things that get spun up about can be pretty amusing...and a bit sad. 

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I don't get it. Is it really about the beer, or is it about cred? Are some of these folks basing their identity around beer collecting to the point that not scoring limited releases constitutes personal failure? I can actually imagine that and might have even been that guy once upon a time. But I feel like when I was whale hunting, the whales were still unique enough that the beer drinking experience really was unobtainable otherwise. Like, for a minute there, you could only get NEIPAs in NE. And Trillium was doing something completely different than Alchemist. You had to go at least as far west as the Rockies to get something like Pliny, you had to go to Wisconsin or Michigan to get truly great fruited beers, etc. With the market like it is now, I mean, sure, try to get that special special, but don't lose sleep over it. 

Oh, s***. I really am doing that old man thing. Okay, I'll go deal with this little personal crisis on my own time. Apologies.

As for the distro thing, I hear ya. That's complicated. I'd probably admonish, too, though. Like, if I can get at least half a dozen Parish SKUs in Savannah, GA, then you're right to feel like you should be able to get damned near whatever they've got damned near whenever you want. 

There is most definitely some FOMO going along with these releases. Also, I imagine the hype train that is social media further fuels the FOMO machine. It really was amusing to read folks saying that they were taking their beer ball and going home. Well, something like that. Of course there were a few needlers in there to make sure they felt really  extra 'ishy.

Dude, I have so many "back in <enter irrelevant timeframe> we blah blah blah" moments that its stupid. Literally, stupid. 

Now excuse me while I go buy enough alcohol to numb the fact that my firstborn turns 20 tomorrow.

Yikes.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Tiger Refuge said:

my firstborn turns 20 tomorrow

Know that when I drink this weekend- and it will be a LOT- I drink for you.

• Love 1

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Know that when I drink this weekend- and it will be a LOT- I drink for you.

Man, you have had a couple posts lately that I could just dump all the emoticons. I’m three deep now. 

• Love 1

30 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Man, you have had a couple posts lately that I could just dump all the emoticons. I’m three deep now. 

Catch up.

• Love 1

29 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

If all sours were like this, I’d be in. Not as much coconut as last year, but still delicious. Pineapple is present big time.

F90B3C1D-D2F7-439E-92E3-970DC04F33B6.jpeg

Coconut is such a great counterbalance to acidity.

• Love 1

Solid stout from TrimTab. Rep dropped in a couple months ago and left this. Apparently found a case of it in the brew house. I’d imagine it would’ve been much better fresh. 

lhbXW2d.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Headed up to Boston late June. Gonna try to fill up a suitcase to check on the way back. 

Trillium, Treehouse, and Night Shift! 🤩🤩🤩

• Like 1

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

Trillium, Treehouse, and Night Shift! 🤩🤩🤩

Definitely on Trillium and Night Shift, and hopefully on Treehouse. Maybe some Alchemist and Lawson's, too.

No promises- gonna be a busy couple of days- but shall I hold off on filling a box just in case?

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Definitely on Trillium and Night Shift, and hopefully on Treehouse. Maybe some Alchemist and Lawson's, too.

No promises- gonna be a busy couple of days- but shall I hold off on filling a box just in case?

Yes, you can hold off. I don’t think the prior breweries will be going anywhere. 

• Like 1