Best (and worst) beers you’ve ever had - redux

AUDub

Higher Ground IPA at my neighborhood spot on the docks. No idea who brews it. Drinks almost like a rye IPA. McWifey told me to stop and enjoy a beer on the way home. Well, okay then.

PXL_20210416_214857572.PORTRAIT.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

McWifey told me to stop and enjoy a beer on the way home. Well, okay then.

You should marry her

• Love 1

31 minutes ago, fredst said:

You should marry her

Been thinkin about it. Don't want to be impulsive tho.

She also gave this to me as an early bday gift. Season opener tomorrow. #keeper

PXL_20210417_001737697~2.jpg

• Love 2

17 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Awesome jersey. Seems McLoofus scored a hat trick with Mcwifey

Edited by fredst
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Higher Ground IPA at my neighborhood spot on the docks. No idea who brews it. Drinks almost like a rye IPA. McWifey told me to stop and enjoy a beer on the way home. Well, okay then.

PXL_20210416_214857572.PORTRAIT.jpg

5EA8D740-2992-44F0-ABBF-D66615549FB7.gif

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I did not have a beer at lunch. But I did buy beer at lunch. Sixpoint Resin might be my favorite IPA right now. Clocking in over 9%, but soooooo dangerously drinkable. And just the right hint of citrus in the hop profile to compliment the bitterness, which is ample. Definitely much closer to a West Coast IPA than an NEIPA, but not exactly that. 

Also got some wine and 2 bourbons, Willett's and Smokewagons's Small Batch Ryes. Had no intention of getting bourbon but they had a very few bottles of each behind the counter and my FOMO kicked my ass as it often does. Those are probably shelf standards in real markets but I no longer live in one of those.  

I can’t recall who here sent it to me, but that Sixpoint Resin is 🔥. Fo reals.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Speaking of soccer. Have you watched Ted Lasso yet?!

9 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Speaking of soccer. Have you watched Ted Lasso yet?!

Don't have Apple TV but I have only heard amazing things about that show. Considering getting a free trial and binging.

3 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Usually not a creamsicle fan, but Hop Butcher killed it with this one. 

3phiUuR.jpg

No idea about the beer but damn I love some Calvin & Hobbes. I bought my youngest the box set for Christmas a couple of years ago (mainly so I could read it now and again; I still laugh my ass off reading that strip)

• Like 1
  • Love 2

15 minutes ago, fredst said:

No idea about the beer but damn I love some Calvin & Hobbes. I bought my youngest the box set for Christmas a couple of years ago (mainly so I could read it now and again; I still laugh my ass off reading that strip)

One of my favorite C&H was when Calvin made fake “eyes” by cutting ping pong balls in half. He then put them over his eyes in class so he could sleep. I freaking cried laughing at that one.

• Love 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, fredst said:

I grew up reading them in the newspaper and own most, if not all, of the collections. C&H had a lot more thought provoking, deep, and poignant themes than most comic strips. C&H shaped and molded my childhood, and instigated creativity and imagination. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Love 3

45 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I grew up reading them in the newspaper and own most, if not all, of the collections. C&H had a lot more thought provoking, deep, and poignant themes than most comic strips. C&H shaped and molded my childhood, and instigated creativity and imagination. 

I have one of the collection books. I really need to revisit it...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Yes. It was often laugh-out-loud funny but just as often touching and heartwarming. One of the greatest strips ever, as good as Peanuts at its best. Was really sad when Bill Watterson shut it down but he did it right, stopping before the strip got stale or trite.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

0WNEnwR.jpg

Pretty much all of mankind's motivation beyond satisfying core physical needs- and the irony thereof- summed up perfectly with 6 words in 4 frames. Absolutely stunning. 

• Love 2

2 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

So the presale was actually yesterday. As usual, it was hilarious to follow it on the biggest beer FB page I follow. Hill-arious.

Bunch of people griping because they didn’t get to buy?

• Like 1