Best (and worst) beers you’ve ever had - redux

AUDub

On 6/11/2021 at 1:43 PM, Tiger Refuge said:

That was my first round with them. They were damn fantastic! Of course, K Paul…

So I needed to feed a crowd and wanted to make these enchiladas. Couldn't get my hands on any crawfish quickly enough. I decided to bite the bullet and make them with chicken instead. They were amazing. Everyone loved it. 

Will definitely make with crawfish soon. 

Thanks again for the recipe. 

IMG_7538.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Both beers from Dssolvr.

First, We Don’t Sell Those Here Imperial IPA. Holy…ish. I’m terrible at describing beer, but this bad mofo is absolutely stunning.

Second,  Back Seat Windows Up Fruited Margarita Gose. Now look, I’m not a sour guy. My palette just doesn’t do it. But this one, absolutely delicious. And weighing in at 6% is a relatively heavy hitter for a gose.

82162459-2C8E-47FC-BAE8-A31C1DC29634.jpeg

76E22D71-11EE-411A-8051-46DEB016734B.jpeg

Edited by Tiger Refuge
  • Like 1

Happy 4th to all you beer drinking Auburn fans. This one is pretty delicious on a hot holiday afternoon:

CC9E6E7C-828A-41CE-97A6-4D6F2F3C870A.jpeg

And, because I thought it was so cool, I choose to bore y’all with the video my guide for the week shot on my last day of fishing in the Everglades:

Edited by fredst
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

On 7/4/2021 at 3:10 PM, fredst said:

Happy 4th to all you beer drinking Auburn fans. This one is pretty delicious on a hot holiday afternoon:

CC9E6E7C-828A-41CE-97A6-4D6F2F3C870A.jpeg

And, because I thought it was so cool, I choose to bore y’all with the video my guide for the week shot on my last day of fishing in the Everglades:

That looks like a huge tarpon. 😲

2 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

That looks like a huge tarpon. 😲

Incredible 4 days of fishing. They weren’t huge (that one probably 80#) but I managed to land 8 over 4 days, between 60-90#. Best tarpon trip I’ve ever had

• Like 1
  • Love 1

26 minutes ago, fredst said:

Incredible 4 days of fishing. They weren’t huge (that one probably 80#) but I managed to land 8 over 4 days, between 60-90#. Best tarpon trip I’ve ever had

That’s always been a dream trip of mine. I need to make that happen soon. Tarpon look like freaking silver torpedoes.

1 hour ago, Tiger Refuge said:

That’s always been a dream trip of mine. I need to make that happen soon. Tarpon look like freaking silver torpedoes.

If hooking and being attached to one of those things doesn’t get you excited……..

Archery hunting for bugling elk the only thing else I’ve done that stirs the soul like that

2 minutes ago, fredst said:

If hooking and being attached to one of those things doesn’t get you excited……..

Archery hunting for bugling elk the only thing else I’ve done that stirs the soul like that

Also…on “the list”.

2 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Also…on “the list”.

Go practice your fly casting and archery. Then make it happen. Life is too short….

• Love 1

2 hours ago, fredst said:

Go practice your fly casting and archery. Then make it happen. Life is too short….

Fly casting is a must practice.

I got the archery part down pat. But, I wanna do the hunt right. Pack in. Tent camp. Public land. Hunt. No fancy hunting camp. One of my close friends did this hunt. Talked about lying in his tent in the dark and hearing bulls bugle all night long. 👀

• Love 1

Several IPA/DIPA selections from the trip. All were very, very well done. I talked to the beer store owner and she said that the two head brewers at DSSOLVR used to be at Burial.

11F3B762-2C6F-4FFC-9977-443368027120.jpeg

3C4B2C6E-3305-4CD2-A273-7F5E61E077C6.jpeg

106655E4-C3EE-4417-8023-18F62F9D9F22.jpeg

0DE472E9-16EE-4D9C-A727-6CB829FFAEBE.jpeg

23 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

But, I wanna do the hunt right. Pack in. Tent camp. Public land. Hunt. No fancy hunting camp. One of my close friends did this hunt. Talked about lying in his tent in the dark and hearing bulls bugle all night long. 👀

Did that hunt 4-5 years ago (with an outfitter, not on my own). Spent more time on horseback than I ever wanted to, lol. Saw bears, missed my one shot at an elk at dusk at 70 yards 😔Great experience though, would definitely do again

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2021 at 2:23 PM, Tiger Refuge said:

👀👀

387D1C4F-82F4-411C-B50E-E6C831B061E8.png

Very few breweries could make a beer with that name and description and have me all "GOTTA try that" but here we are.

Re: all the fishing and hunting and traveling talk, just wanted to say I love it. I freaking love reading you guys talking about that stuff. It's an inspiration, for real. I feel like that's way outside my current sightlines but some day I'll be above water again (re: time, kids, etc) and I want to have plans when that time comes.

But now that I've re-centered your adventures on myself, let me say again that I love reading about you guys doing that stuff and I hope you keep doing it and talking about it here so I can be happy for you guys but also live vicariously through you. @fredst, I have had trouble opening your video but I'll figure it out eventually.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

51 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Very few breweries could make a beer with that name and description and have me all "GOTTA try that" but here we are.

Re: all the fishing and hunting and traveling talk, just wanted to say I love it. I freaking love reading you guys talking about that stuff. It's an inspiration, for real. I feel like that's way outside my current sightlines but some day I'll be above water again (re: time, kids, etc) and I want to have plans when that time comes.

But now that I've re-centered your adventures on myself, let me say again that I love reading about you guys doing that stuff and I hope you keep doing it and talking about it here so I can be happy for you guys but also live vicariously through you. @fredst, I have had trouble opening your video but I'll figure it out eventually.

I enjoy the banter (and y’all’s indulgence) talking about those things. Parenthood the greatest thing that ever happened to me but it is difficult to come up for air when they are really young. My wife has been so supportive through the years allowing me to do those things (I also kept the kids solo myself for a few two week mission trips she took so I feel like I have helped as well). Here’s a pic of one of the fish if the video won’t play (forgive the ugly one, the fish at least is beautiful 😀). Damn, I love catching tarpon on a fly rod…

B6FB9FDD-1D2E-48C6-8616-982A4D343D9B.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Nothing like some good ole "dad grade" adventures for the kids. Seriously though, I concur with @fredst , thanks for the indulgence. Not many folks around my pad wanna listen to me drone on about this stuff any more. So, that's where ya'll come in. A "captive" audience, as it were. 

@McLoofus I know it's all cliche and whatnot, but time with the kids goes sooooo damn fast. I have one in college and my youngest is gonna be a senior in high school. It just blows my mind that someone let me have kids...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I know it's all cliche and whatnot, but time with the kids goes sooooo damn fast. I have one in college and my youngest is gonna be a senior in high school. It just blows my mind that someone let me have kids...

Second this. My youngest is about to start her senior year in high school and my oldest is about to start her senior year in college (middle about to be a sophomore). They were babies just yesterday…what the hell happened?

• Like 1

On 7/28/2021 at 12:39 PM, fredst said:

I enjoy the banter (and y’all’s indulgence) talking about those things. Parenthood the greatest thing that ever happened to me but it is difficult to come up for air when they are really young. My wife has been so supportive through the years allowing me to do those things (I also kept the kids solo myself for a few two week mission trips she took so I feel like I have helped as well). Here’s a pic of one of the fish if the video won’t play (forgive the ugly one, the fish at least is beautiful 😀). Damn, I love catching tarpon on a fly rod…

B6FB9FDD-1D2E-48C6-8616-982A4D343D9B.jpeg

On 7/28/2021 at 1:24 PM, Tiger Refuge said:

Nothing like some good ole "dad grade" adventures for the kids. Seriously though, I concur with @fredst , thanks for the indulgence. Not many folks around my pad wanna listen to me drone on about this stuff any more. So, that's where ya'll come in. A "captive" audience, as it were. 

@McLoofus I know it's all cliche and whatnot, but time with the kids goes sooooo damn fast. I have one in college and my youngest is gonna be a senior in high school. It just blows my mind that someone let me have kids...

On 7/28/2021 at 1:34 PM, fredst said:

Second this. My youngest is about to start her senior year in high school and my oldest is about to start her senior year in college (middle about to be a sophomore). They were babies just yesterday…what the hell happened?

Whoa, so I never acknowledged these awesome posts. So aligned with you guys on so much. Even some important stuff! 

McLittle is about to start first grade. McBaby walked outside yesterday and peed all over the deck. I love this time in my life so much and I'm content to enjoy the fun cool dude stuff vicariously for now.  And know that, while I can only imagine what having kids hitting those milestones is like for you fellas, I do in fact imagine it and I can only raise a beer from afar and say cheers while feeling all kinds of feels.  

• Love 3

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Whoa, so I never acknowledged these awesome posts. So aligned with you guys on so much. Even some important stuff! 

McLittle is about to start first grade. McBaby walked outside yesterday and peed all over the deck. I love this time in my life so much and I'm content to enjoy the fun cool dude stuff vicariously for now.  And know that, while I can only imagine what having kids hitting those milestones is like for you fellas, I do in fact imagine it and I can only raise a beer from afar and say cheers while feeling all kinds of feels.  

Well, the milestone I witnessed this weekend: got up at 0430 Saturday, drove to Oxford MS, moved my daughters stuff into her apartment up 2 flights of stairs sweating my b**** off in 95+ degree heat, then drove back home….all while my daughter was off at camp😐

Lesson: not all milestones are great

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, fredst said:

Well, the milestone I witnessed this weekend: got up at 0430 Saturday, drove to Oxford MS, moved my daughters stuff into her apartment up 2 flights of stairs sweating my b**** off in 95+ degree heat, then drove back home….all while my daughter was off at camp😐

Lesson: not all milestones are great

Like I said, all kinds of feels, although I must admit I had not considered Schwetty Balls feels.

• Haha 1

Just now, McLoofus said:

Like I said, all kinds of feels, although I must admit I had not considered Schwetty Balls feels.

Well, it’s a labor of love but I’d rather have been fishing. Did score some bourbon on the trip as there is a pretty good liquor store there in Oxford 😜

3AE3CBF9-38CF-40B8-860B-260D661ED27F.jpeg

• Love 2