Best (and worst) beers you’ve ever had - redux

AUDub

Just now, fredst said:

I could probably rotate that, Ghost in the Machine, and Great Divide Yeti (the original imperial stout) depending on the season of the year and never really need another beer

Holy crap. When we have our AUF bottle share THAT WE'RE TOTALLY REALLY GOING TO HAVE ONE DAY we need to put that on the list of conversation topics. If you could only have a 3-beer year-round rotation, what would it be? I mean, nobody would want to live in that dystopian hellscape, but it would be fun to discuss I think.

I think it would also say a lot about our consumption habits. I bet all of us would choose relatively straightforward beers such as yours above. I know I would. 

Just now, McLoofus said:

Holy crap. When we have our AUF bottle share THAT WE'RE TOTALLY REALLY GOING TO HAVE ONE DAY we need to put that on the list of conversation topics. If you could only have a 3-beer year-round rotation, what would it be? I mean, nobody would want to live in that dystopian hellscape, but it would be fun to discuss I think.

I think it would also say a lot about our consumption habits. I bet all of us would choose relatively straightforward beers such as yours above. I know I would. 

I would like to see people’s choices. I like trying a bunch of different stuff but honestly those three cover the flavor profiles I most enjoy. The gose is super quaffable in the heat, the Stout is so delicious especially when the weather turns cold, and the GITM is just freaking awesome year-round

• Like 1

Just now, fredst said:

I would like to see people’s choices. I like trying a bunch of different stuff but honestly those three cover the flavor profiles I most enjoy. The gose is super quaffable in the heat, the Stout is so delicious especially when the weather turns cold, and the GITM is just freaking awesome year-round

I'd do something very similar. KBS might be my winter sipper and dessert beer. My all purpose go-to would definitely be an IPA or pale ale, but it would probably be something of a more west coast style, something a little more dry. And my beach beer might actually be Wild Heaven's Emergency Drinking Beer. 

Oh wow. I just remembered a dream I had last night. A guy offered me a beer and I asked if he had any dark lagers. WTF. I don't remember if he was even a bartender or just some dude at a party. I remember feeling like a real dork as soon as I said it. I do love dark lagers, though. Just not quite as versatile as an IPA for a year-long commitment. 

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I'd do something very similar. KBS might be my winter sipper and dessert beer. My all purpose go-to would definitely be an IPA or pale ale, but it would probably be something of a more west coast style, something a little more dry. And my beach beer might actually be Wild Heaven's Emergency Drinking Beer. 

Oh wow. I just remembered a dream I had last night. A guy offered me a beer and I asked if he had any dark lagers. WTF. I don't remember if he was even a bartender or just some dude at a party. I remember feeling like a real dork as soon as I said it. I do love dark lagers, though. Just not quite as versatile as an IPA for a year-long commitment. 

Dude, you’re even dreaming beer at a higher level than my knowledge base😔

Although, I am worried that you’re having such vivid dreams about beer🤔

• Haha 1

Just now, fredst said:

Dude, you’re even dreaming beer at a higher level than my knowledge base😔

Although, I am worried that you’re having such vivid dreams about beer🤔

Yeah, might not share that one with Mrs. Loof. Although I'd be surprised if she hasn't dreamt of sauv blanc at some point in the last year. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

If only all hard seltzers tasted like this. 

4b04h8j.jpg

Don't love the carrot juice color but I believe you about the flavor and your glass game continues to own. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, fredst said:

Hands down, my three go to’s

My summer crusher-Great Raft Brewing- Southern Drawl dry hopped Pilsner

All around beer - Flying Tiger Brewing - Final Resting Place - DIPA

Winter beer - Great Raft Brewing - BBA Old Mad Joy Baltic porter

• Love 2

4 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

If only all hard seltzers tasted like this. 

4b04h8j.jpg

Wait. A. Minute. Are you telling me that this is better than a WhiteClaw?

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Hands down, my three go to’s

My summer crusher-Great Raft Brewing- Southern Drawl dry hopped Pilsner

All around beer - Flying Tiger Brewing - Final Resting Place - DIPA

Winter beer - Great Raft Brewing - BBA Old Mad Joy Baltic porter

Love you keeping it local. And OMG to OMJ. You've turned me on to two absolutely amazing dark beers out of LA. 

11 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Also, this bad collab mofo is being released tomorrow. Must. Get.

35A4FB66-3AE3-4A50-9359-648EE95B50AA.png

Now THAT is how you make something totally new without making it weird and dumb. 

I will die if you don't get your hands on some and tell us how it is. No presh.

• Love 1

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Love you keeping it local. And OMG to OMJ. You've turned me on to two absolutely amazing dark beers out of LA. 

Now THAT is how you make something totally new without making it weird and dumb. 

I will die if you don't get your hands on some and tell us how it is. No presh.

AD6E4C9D-6D85-4F02-8DA0-9499FDD5467E.gif

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/24/2021 at 7:00 AM, Tiger Refuge said:

Those are my two go to dishes with crawfish tails. I used Paul Prudhomme’s enchilada recipe...glorious!

I use a recipe a friend gave me for crawfish pasta. The original recipe was Guliano’s Crawfish Pasta recipe. Creamy. Flavorful. Crawfish.

*eta- I learned to leave the Tabasco out of the roux making process until it had reached the desired color/doneness. The hot sauce changes the color of the roux if added early and it’s impossible(for me anyway) to tell how done it really is.

9C7CE902-D032-4BEE-9EBF-C54C41018B1A.jpeg

1F5A220A-28A1-42E3-8578-F24D2371EF95.jpeg

32195D89-463B-41FF-A793-B49382143A62.jpeg

5FE9BD4A-3EE0-4F42-8223-5FA0126A4A9B.jpeg

There is a 100% chance I am making these enchiladas in the near future. That looks amazing. 

• Love 2

9 minutes ago, cbo said:

There is a 100% chance I am making these enchiladas in the near future. That looks amazing. 

That was my first round with them. They were damn fantastic! Of course, K Paul…

• Like 1

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

Dangerously drinkable at 12%. 

0qUtX1D.jpg

"Mother of God."- @Tiger Refuge

TMOS was already a big beer. I love that Jason went bigger. I hope we get that down here. 

Btw, sorry, that whole trade thing got away from me. I don't even know how that happens and obviously I have no legitimate excuse but I just remembered it and I'm still interested if you are.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

TMOS was already a big beer. I love that Jason went bigger. I hope we get that down here. 

Btw, sorry, that whole trade thing got away from me. I don't even know how that happens and obviously I have no legitimate excuse but I just remembered it and I'm still interested if you are.

It’s no worries, I’m in no rush but still interested. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

I saw the color and was immediately concerned that it might be oxidized. Then I remember “normal” IPAs give off that color. 🤦‍♂️

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I saw the color and was immediately concerned that it might be oxidized. Then I remember “normal” IPAs give off that color. 🤦‍♂️

I saw the color and thought, hey, normal IPA!

• Haha 1

Back in California for work after a year and a half away, thanks to the old COVID. 805 beer on tap everywhere out here. I've learned it's a very refreshing, easy going beer. I'm a new fan. 

Full admission: I'm not a beer guy anywhere approaching some of you. I can't stand an IPA. I know, I'm sorry. 

I CAN talk bourbon. And food. Love to cook and eat. With a bourbon. 

• Love 2

10 hours ago, cbo said:

Back in California for work after a year and a half away, thanks to the old COVID. 805 beer on tap everywhere out here. I've learned it's a very refreshing, easy going beer. I'm a new fan. 

Full admission: I'm not a beer guy anywhere approaching some of you. I can't stand an IPA. I know, I'm sorry. 

Apology accepted.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

18 hours ago, cbo said:

I mean…I guess you can stay.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1