Baseball vs. Army (Raleigh Region, Winner’s Bracket)

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

When a single/double will do, there's nobody I'd rather see come to the plate than Jay Estes. The guy has been clutch.

That's Ray

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, BJCrawford said:

You missed the floodgates opening by one inning?

I'll recalibrate my spidey senses for the regional final

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

So do we give Casey a rest now?    

No.  Let him throw a normal start (85-100 pitches) and save the pen for the rest of the weekend.  

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

No.  Let him throw a normal start (85-100 pitches) and save the pen for the rest of the weekend.  

I might let him go one more....and call it a day....he's had a recent history or wheel coming off about this point of a game....so make one more inning and take the ball from him.  

Just now, PowerOfDixieland said:

Yes, get Golf up in the pen. This is the exact scenario I had in mind last night. 

What's Golf's repertoire?  40 fastball, 50 changeup, 65 slider?

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

So do we give Casey a rest now?    

Only if we intend to start him in tomorrow's game. Otherwise, he needs to throw a complete game or at least go 110 pitches. I'm convinced that some of his recent troubles have been because of not getting enough work.

Wright Ks.  Inning over.  9 runs in T5 for AU, lead Army 10-0 to B5.  I have to run, so someone else pick up the coverage.  WDE!

1 minute ago, SCTiger2011 said:

He's definitely a knuckle-baller.

Hmm... if Butch has no plans to use Mize the rest of the weekend, let him go the distance. If he wants to have him for a short outing in the “if” game Monday, pull him now. 

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

Only if we intend to start him in tomorrow's game. Otherwise, he needs to throw a complete game or at least go 110 pitches. I'm convinced that some of his recent troubles have been because of not getting enough work.

That could be but don't think he would overcome that in just one game.....work on that issue during mid week...JMO

4 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

If you’re talking miles per hour, that’s exactly where he is.  What they call pitching backwards. 

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Besides which, Mize has already had too many days in between assignments.

I know. That was implied in my post saying I understand Butch's think & philosophy. Surprised you are on the same page as him for a change.

3 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Yes, get Golf up in the pen. This is the exact scenario I had in mind last night. 

The balls I use has dimples not sure that would work 

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

He's definitely a knuckle-baller.

close on a side note I played with a traveling softball team and our stud pitcher was a big knuckle baller. I use to catch him warming up and he would almost kill me

18 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Tigerbrotha's second least favorite player with a bases-clearing double off the LCF wall.  Nice piece of hitting by Jarvis.  7-0 AU.

TB, we're going to need you to start disliking Andrew Mitchell really quickly.  Preferably tonight!

I knew I wanted to complain about him at some point

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

I know. That was implied in my post saying I understand Butch's think & philosophy. Surprised you are on the same page as him for a change.

I'm on the page that Mize needed to pitch asap in this series because he'd already been off too long and again asap next week to keep him going. If that's Butch's thinking, then we are on the same page.

Archived