2019 Men's Basketball Recruiting Thread

Tiger Growlin

4 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I am assuming that they are practicing without the coaches is that correct? 

During the summer coaches can have 2 hours of formal training with the players per week whether that be on the court or watching film.

If coaches can't run the practices are they allowed to create an outline of what they want during practice?

Yes

If players are practicing on their own is it safe to assume they are practicing as a group together and are people allowed to watch them when they are practicing?

Not sure on the group part but if they are playing on the main gym I think fans can watch.

If people are allowed to watch the practices have any of you watched any and if you have can you give us periodic updates on how they look as a group and how they look individually?

Your best bet is to keep up with Hooks45 on AU247. He occassionally gives updates & his posts in the Basketball forum over there are free.

• 1 month later...

Auburn has offered 3* SG/SF Devan Cambridge for the 2019 class. There's a thread on him, but wanted to mention it here as well. Could visit in a few weeks, and will be on campus to his decided upon school in August.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2019 at 12:10 PM, AuburnNTexas said:

I understand the team is practicing now. I am assuming that they are practicing without the coaches is that correct?  If coaches can't run the practices are they allowed to create an outline of what they want during practice?  If players are practicing on their own is it safe to assume they are practicing as a group together and are people allowed to watch them when they are practicing?  If people are allowed to watch the practices have any of you watched any and if you have can you give us periodic updates on how they look as a group and how they look individually?

They can't do organized practices but if it's anything like when I was there they have pick up games almost every night. Only high level players will be involved. They do have workouts they are given and they do check in with other members on staff. 

It's can be open if they let you in the gym. Back when I was in school they would go to Tuskegee and play pick up there too sometimes.

37 minutes ago, cole256 said:

They can't do organized practices but if it's anything like when I was there they have pick up games almost every night. Only high level players will be involved. They do have workouts they are given and they do check in with other members on staff. 

It's can be open if they let you in the gym. Back when I was in school they would go to Tuskegee and play pick up there too sometimes.

FWIW per new NCAA rules there can be 4 hours of practice with the coaches present & involved. From CBP in an interview a week or 2 ago.

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

FWIW per new NCAA rules there can be 4 hours of practice with the coaches present & involved. From CBP in an interview a week or 2 ago.

Interesting. To be honest I don't think I would do it if I was pearl......50% on leadership being established in college basketball is right now

Edited by cole256
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Interesting. To be honest I don't think I would do it if I was pearl......50% on leadership being established in college basketball is right now

I meant 4 hours per week even though I forgot to type per week.

14 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

So if these guys went to a normal rec center or something, but as a unit, is that regulated by anybody?

Not sure what you are asking but in the Summer teams can have practices with their coaches present in their own gyms & practice gyms 4 hours per week.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not sure what you are asking but in the Summer teams can have practices with their coaches present in their own gyms & practice gyms 4 hours per week.

I mean like if they went to a normal person gym and hooped for however long, would that be regulated by anybody

12 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I mean like if they went to a normal person gym and hooped for however long, would that be regulated by anybody

Don't see how it could. Kids ball all the time. Just coaches can't attends something like that.

• Like 1