2019 Men's Basketball Recruiting Thread

Tiger Growlin

1 minute ago, gravejd said:

Would he have to sit out a year? 

yeah. But he'll have to sit out a year wherever he goes. And it should be noted that he could still stay at Bama. But if he was actually considering that, then he'd have waited till the new coach was announced before saying he's transferring imo. Probably a long shot that he comes to AU, but he'd be perfect to run Bruce's offense imo. Dude is one of the best athletes in the league imo.

6 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Would he have to sit out a year? 

Apparently not the way things are going with football transfers.....His HC getting fired is about as good a reason as any for a guy wanting to transfer. New coach is likely to find himself with a roster of walk-ons..     This free transfer rule is likely to be a real factor for any school firing their coach......unless they are able to get some marquee coach and even then, some guys might not stick around long enough to see the results. 

1 hour ago, Gene Loblaw said:

wonder if he’d transfer to AU?

Kinda doubt it tbh. I know the family and in my opinion they have a lot of influence on him. If he were to leave Bama (which I don’t think he will) I think he’d land at UK or UT. Would be shocked to see him leave the area within driving distance to North Alabama, which I guess works in AU’s favor.

Think he’s probably just listening to other schools while waiting to see who Bama will hire

1 hour ago, Gene Loblaw said:

yeah. But he'll have to sit out a year wherever he goes. And it should be noted that he could still stay at Bama. But if he was actually considering that, then he'd have waited till the new coach was announced before saying he's transferring imo. Probably a long shot that he comes to AU, but he'd be perfect to run Bruce's offense imo. Dude is one of the best athletes in the league imo.

There would be no way we would get Shariffe if he went to Auburn. Also, joining a team you couldn’t beat is too Kevin Durant like. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

hahaha nah that is not how it went down. He and his family are lifelong Bama fans. He never gave us the time of day. 

Edited by GwillMac6

5 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

might be best to let sleeping dogs lay

I don’t know how you can watch that game last night if you are Trendon Watford and not want to come to Auburn. We are the hottest team in the country, our coach is one of the best to play for, and he would kill it in our system. If he doesn’t see that then we do not want him. 

Now I just hope he goes to Memphis or Duke.

• Like 2

Going to the Final Four should pay dividends in the 2020 and future years in recruiting!

• Like 4

This upcoming class is going to pay a ton of immediate dividends. I’d presume we move Chuma to the 3 and start Danjel at the 4 then leave Mac at the 5 but you can run some really funky lineups with Babatunda and Okoro coming in. The former should be every bit the defender as Horace and Okoro should be a beast too (certainly athletically). If y’all thought it was tough to divvy up minutes this year, you got those two, Jaylin Williams who was an overall monster in HS and Flanigan who might be our first small forward small forward in like 4 years. I guess Chuma is a 3 but he works so well everywhere it’s almost positionless.

i think they’ll redshirt Tyrell Jones with the guy from Memphis coming and maybe Jaylin too, especially if Chuma leaves. I think that gives you:

Jared, Jvon, Samir, Jamal Johnson, Babatunde, Chuma, Wiley, Mac, Okoro, Danjel and...maybe you take the RS off one of the guys I named. I think you should run 11 this year just because of the forward/center injuries we’ve sustained the past two years but BP has worked wonders with 8-10 so far 

6 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

And then you consider after that you’re losing what, Mac, Jared and probably Chuma if he isn’t gone already? You plug in Sharife, build up the other guys on the bench and keep it moving?

By the time Jared's class graduates, if he doesn't go pro early, then I expect we'll have a top notch recruiting class all strung together, because everyone likes playing for a contender. I could see Chuma coming back next year to prove the injury was a fluke, and with the kind of success we're likely to be having, he'll be center stage all year long with a superstar point guard who knows how to get him the ball. And the sky is now the limit for our basketball program because we hired Bruce Pearl.

I could see Harper going early if he feels like he needs to strike while the iron is hot. He's showing the entire country what kind of assassin he is

He may feel, since his height won't change, that it's just time to try and make some money wherever that is. I personally think another year would be great for him but I won't be shocked if anyone goes early after a run like this to be honest. We've seen weirder things

Edited by Tiger
  • Like 3

On 2/22/2019 at 11:29 AM, Tiger said:

Chuck really screwed us. We were on the way to really turning the corner big time as a program until he got busted with that BS. Imagine EJ Montgomery and Ashton Hagans on this team. We would definitely be in the top 4 of the league right now IMO.

What kind of idiot posted this? Top 4 in the league?? Ban this bozo

• Haha 6

6 minutes ago, Tiger said:

What kind of idiot posted this? Top 4 in the league?? Ban this bozo

Well, if the league is the NCAA...;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/1/2019 at 10:47 AM, Rednilla said:

Well, if the league is the NCAA...;)

Still would be wrong we beat those 2 guys en route to being stamped as a top 4 team! Simply amazing. And I must say my initial post was heavily influenced by J'Von McCormick while he was still finding himself but let me say this loud and clear: We are not here right now without J'Von McCormick. He saved our butts when Harper had foul trouble in the SECT and as the moments have been getting bigger and bigger he and his play has improved with each game. War Damn J'Von!

Edited by Tiger
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

45 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Still would be wrong we beat those 2 guys en route to being stamped as a top 4 team! Simply amazing. And I must say my initial post was heavily influenced by J'Von McCormick while he was still finding himself but let me say this loud and clear: We are not here right now without J'Von's McCormick. He saved our butts when Harper had foul trouble in the SECT and as the moments have been getting bigger and bigger he and his play has improved with each game. War Damn J'Von!

He's my new favorite player.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, AUDevil said:

He's my new favorite player.

I presume he IS on scholarship?

since this thread is about recruiting, ellitor put up a video of a guy, a JuCo, named Sy, i think it was....i was blown away by what i saw on that video as far as athletic ability for a guy nearly 7'.....almost olijawhon level ability.....is there any info out there where this guy might end up?.....he looked scary good to me

I got to guess that our team will double its emphasis on shooting the three.   Nobody expected the results that we got, and now with Brown leaving and probably Harper, that's a lot of points to replace those 40 or so points.    

Will we continue to be a extraordinary 3 point shooting team?  Will our incoming freshmen fill those roles?

We aren't built to lose Harper so if he leaves next year will be a transition year with a tonnnn of youth while we prepare for another big time season the following year. Our new floor is going to be bubble team as a program and that is exciting as hell. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Beaker said:

I got to guess that our team will double its emphasis on shooting the three.   Nobody expected the results that we got, and now with Brown leaving and probably Harper, that's a lot of points to replace those 40 or so points.    

Will we continue to be a extraordinary 3 point shooting team?  Will our incoming freshmen fill those roles?

Tyrell Jones and Allan Flannigan both rain threes but who knows how much they play next season. With Mac and Danjel coming back and probably Chuma now, AU’s still gonna spread the floor like crazy and I’d expect Samir to become a more prolific shooter next season too. No ones instantly replacing Bryce though or Jared if he leaves 

3 hours ago, Tiger said:

We aren't built to lose Harper so if he leaves next year will be a transition year with a tonnnn of youth while we prepare for another big time season the following year. Our new floor is going to be bubble team as a program and that is exciting as hell. 

Jvon is no Harper but with the way he has come on I don’t think we’ll be up the creek if Harper decides to move on. I would not have said that 2 months ago

I know this is about recruiting...but lets enjoy the moment and we can worry about who is leaving or staying after winning the title on Monday....WDE