AP AU #9

corchjay

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/21/2018 at 5:23 PM, AUloggerhead said:

Well, there's another way to look at uat's schedule:  uat faces "challenges" at 2nd toughest SEC schedule

LMFAO

Auburn at #5? Seriously!? I want some of whatever he's smoking...

22 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Auburn at #5? Seriously!? I want some of whatever he's smoking...

Arkansas at #4 is laughable. They don't play a power 5 in non-con and get Mizzou and Vandy from the East.

2 minutes ago, WDEKC said:

Arkansas at #4 is laughable. They don't play a power 5 in non-con and get Mizzou and Vandy from the East.

The whole list is pretty laughable if you ask me. I can see LSU at 1, because they DO play UGA and Florida from the East, but the rest of the list tells me this guy doesn't have a clue what he's talking about.

9 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

The whole list is pretty laughable if you ask me. I can see LSU at 1, because they DO play UGA and Florida from the East, but the rest of the list tells me this guy doesn't have a clue what he's talking about.

Right Tennessee is the only team in conference other than LSU to play all 3 of bama, UGA, and Auburn and they also play a pretty good WVU team and he has them as the 3rd easiest schedule. 

Seriously though about uat's schedule...

Louisville yawn, Arkansas State yawn, Ole Miss yawn, Texas A&M yawn (that early in the season at least), LA Lafayette yawn, Arkansas yawn, Mizzou yawn, Tennessee yawn, LSU meh, Moo State decent, Citadel yawn, Auburn only loss of the season for them

Seriously they shouldn't win a game by less than double digits until maybe LSU or Moo State. Louisville has been on a constant decline and is nowhere near the challenge that Washington is, Arkansas State shouldn't make them break a sweat, Ole Miss has a stop-gap Head Coach, TAMU won't be clicking by week 4, Lafayette is Lafayette, Arkansas is going to have some dark times before things get better, Mizzou is overhyped because of Lock, Tennessee as a rivalry game has in recent years felt like more of a BS cupcake game from the East, LSU also has a HC I don't feel is the long term answer, Moo State is going to miss Dan Mullen, Citadel is a homecoming team, and then us.

To be fair, our schedule isn't much different this year but Washington > Louisville (those are the comparable games) and Southern Miss > Lafayette with Georgia added in to the mix. Sometimes I wish Georgia, Bama, and Auburn were on the same side just to avoid the headache of having to rematch Georgia in the SECCG.

Meanwhile Clemson gets to coast through Furman, TAMU  in week 2, GaSo, GaTech, Syracuse, Wake Forest, NCSt, a recovering FSU, Louisville, Boston College, Duke, and an overhyped SCar. We would be 12-0 easily with that schedule. I'd bet the house on it.

4 minutes ago, WDEKC said:

Right Tennessee is the only team in conference other than LSU to play all 3 of bama, UGA, and Auburn and they also play a pretty good WVU team and he has them as the 3rd easiest schedule. 

You're not lying. West Virginia is my sleeper pick and Aub/Uga/Bam are all playoff contenders with LSU being no slouch not to mention a resurging Florida

On 8/20/2018 at 11:20 AM, corchjay said:

We play 5 top 25 teams.  

Bama at 1

UGA at 3

UW at 6

MSU at 18

LSU at 25

and only one of the games at home

Effing BRUTAL! 

But an excellent opportunity to show out on the big stage.

On 8/21/2018 at 8:03 PM, oracle79 said:

Fornelli ate too many lead paint chips as a kid.  That's a special kind of delusional right there.

At least now we know to not take anything he says/writes seriously. 

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

You're not lying. West Virginia is my sleeper pick and Aub/Uga/Bam are all playoff contenders with LSU being no slouch not to mention a resurging Florida

Vol's schedule does Pruitt no favors - open with WV, two cakes then they play UF, @UGA, bye, @AU, UAT, @SoCarl, round it out with UK/Mizzou & @Vandy.

49 minutes ago, keesler said:

Vol's schedule does Pruitt no favors - open with WV, two cakes then they play UF, @UGA, bye, @AU, UAT, @SoCarl, round it out with UK/Mizzou & @Vandy.

(4-7) is a rough way to start and Kentucky isn't guaranteed.

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

(4-7) is a rough way to start and Kentucky isn't guaranteed.

Neither's Vandy - UT is sitting at 3-4 vs Vandy since Franklin took the reigns back in '11.

1 hour ago, keesler said:

Effing BRUTAL! 

But an excellent opportunity to show out on the big stage.

I’m quite confident that one of those teams (#25) will not be ranked for very long. Of course, that still leaves us with four ranked opponents, all in unfavorable places.

As for UAT we would be 10-2 AT WORST with their schedule. What a joke.

20 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I’m quite confident that one of those teams (#25) will not be ranked for very long. Of course, that still leaves us with four ranked opponents, all in unfavorable places.

As for UAT we would be 10-2 AT WORST with their schedule. What a joke.

Timing means everything, home and away games mean a lot to some teams and how they execute and perform.  

UAT  appears to have a light schedule this season.  But AU/UAT shared 8 common opponents last season, of those 8 opponents they chalked 1 loss (in JHS) while we had 3 losses.

CGM needs to find a way to win games vs good/quality opponents away from JHS, it's been a thorn in our side for far too long.  JMHO

On 8/21/2018 at 5:23 PM, AUloggerhead said:

Well, there's another way to look at uat's schedule:  uat faces "challenges" at 2nd toughest SEC schedule

LMFAO

This is literally the stupidest thing I've ever read. Bammer has no competition until Miss St (at home) and Auburn (at home). Is it just stupidity or is it CBS homering for the turds at an all-time earliest?

On 8/20/2018 at 8:38 PM, The Plainsman said:

Ga may have the weakest schedule in the SEC this year..

I don’t see anyone in the SEC with a weaker schedule.   Compared to ours, it’s laughable!  It’s like we’re not in the same conference.  

Archived