Confused from reading articles & updates...

Eagle's Claw

I'm not sure to think that our offense had a good spring or not... I'm going with the assumption that Cox was pushhing for time last year and if Campbell did not shine he was going in. Cox has had two years to get himself ready mentally and physically to take the reins and go with it.

I've also read articles that CT is concerned with the progress our new offense has made...

I really don't know what to think going into this year... I don't know how our RB situation is going to shake out. I don't know about Brandon Cox. No one does really.

Personally I think he going to have a great year. I have questions of our RB's...

We lost a heck of a lot, and everyone knows that. Nobody can really tell how we are going to do. I've heard opinions of great things from BC and the RB's, and not so great. So here's what my opinion on the offensive situation is. We have a gem in Coach Borges. I think that no matter what we have, he is the man that can do the most with what we have. Even if we aren't the most talented offense in the league, I think he can make the most of what we do have and make it all gel together, so I don't think we really have anything to worry about.

...and I think we'll have a defense that can help carry the offense.

Although the situation is sort of reversed on defense: We know we have great defensive talent returning (despite a few key losses) but the coach is new and unknown, in contrast to the offense where the coach is a proven quantity and the talent is young and relatively unknown.

I feel good about the coming season, though. We should battle LSU for the SEC West and top 3-4 of the entire SEC.

I think the offense will be fine. No, it will not be as good as the '04 version, but, does anyone really expect that?

BC will get better with every practice and every game. We had the luxury of a senior laden offense last year and it just takes time to "jell". The rbs, all of them, are very capable and too will get better as they learn.

We have as good a group of recievers as anybody in the SEC, maybe the BEST.

The o-line will take a little time to get it all together. BUT, they are a very talented group of players. (Our coaches have done a great job of recruiting linemen for a long while.

I look for us to have a shot at Atlanta, but, a lot of things will have to fall into place. A good season will be 9-10 wins and that is very realistic. :au:

i'll tell you what i thought of the spring for the offense: inconsistent. there were some days that cox looked like he could do no wrong; there were other days were you wondered why we didn't sign a new qb. the fact is, he's going to make mistakes (just like last year), but in the end, he's going to be a solid qb. he doesn't have the physical tools campbell had, but borges has already started to find the things he does well.

the rbs are solid, but not particularly spectacular. if you compare them to caddilac and ronnie, they'll come up short. if you compare them to the rest of the sec, they'll be pretty dang good. we're deep which can work to our advantage (fresh legs and different strengths), and i expect all three to contribute. i doubt we get through injury free this year so they'll all get shots.

the line and receivers are up there with any in the sec. we're going to get guys like ben and ct the ball in unconventional ways this year (reverses and such), and we saw a little of that in spring already. the line looks really good, but they have a lot to work on as well. the center spot is still up for grabs. i don't worry too much about the sack totals b/c i know marcus and troy didn't all the sudden start sucking. marcus is one of the best in the nation (top 4 guys in the country) so if mcclover beats him, it's not b/c he sucks... it means stanley's good.

i don't expect to lead the sec in every major category next year, but i think the offense is going to be surprisingly productive. every said the offense would have to the carry the defense last year, but they didn't. everyone is saying the opposite this year, but i'm not convinced that the offense will really need carrying. they just may rely on the assemble more than stars next year.

Archived