Clemson gets new unis...

Guest Tigrinum Major

OH NO! They look like gators!

After seeing the first picture, I thought it was a cruel joke. It looked like #55 was made-over by the "Queer Eye" fellas.

It looks as if the fabric is a huge improvement, but just as with most teams, the new design is atrocious. :puke:

Makes ya want to break out the Orange Jerserys again Hugh!!!

(OH MY GOD QUIT BRINGING UP THOSE ORANGE JERSERYS AGAIN) LOL

all I can say is Yuck...Thank God we Tigers dont look like that..

and Thank God He is an AUBURN fan...Blue Skyes Orange Sun set...What a classic Uniform

Auburn Has...and I hope it Stays that Way...WDE!!!!

That picture is of the worst variation of the new uni's. Some of the other one's dont look all that bad. I wonder if the lighter weight will actually have an effect on the players endurance?

According to Nike's Bill Bowerman Formula, by reducing 1 oz. of weight per step, an athlete carries 55 less pounds over the distance of one mile. If the average wide receiver or defensive back plays 40 snaps and runs an average of 20 yards per snap, the new 2005 uniforms will save that player 520 pounds that would have been carried over the course of a game in 2004.

Ol' 55 there is kinda girly looking, isn't he? He looks more like a catcher for Clemson's womens softball team than someone you'd expect to meet in "Death Valley".

Guest Tigrinum Major
Ol' 55 there is kinda girly looking, isn't he? He looks more like a catcher for Clemson's womens softball team than someone you'd expect to meet in "Death Valley".

154361[/snapback]

He is a kicker. Doesn't the necklace just say it all?

And to follow up on MDM4AU's post, does anyone else think that the Clemson Tiger looks like he is on drugs?

Wow thats all I can really think is wow. I wonder who designed those, the Queer Eye gang? I wish someone could get a hold of some high ranking Clemson people and tell them that the purple is a trim color only, solid purple anything makes me cringe when I see them play. What's wrong with orange and white as the main colors? And yes that tiger is on drugs and drugs are bad, mmkay.

Well in there defense I don't think they will look that funny on gameday.

Like Bustem said earlier, the ones modeled are the worst combinations. They don't have the color combinations that are used most often shown.

Plus, remember that these players aren't wearing any pads. A lot of guys look pretty funny in football pants and jerseys with no pads on. It's kinda just liek wearing spandex!

As for the weight issue: Bill Bowerman was Oregon's track coach and he invented the lighter 'track spikes' for his athletes to use. His track guys wore them to take down the weight they had to carry over the course of their race (Mile, 2-mile, and 3-mile).

I'm not sure how much this relates to football because you get breaks and so on during the game, its not a continuous running with the weight on like you do in track.

Guest Tigrinum Major
Orange on Orange!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :au:   :cheer:

154624[/snapback]

Classic. As long as we are talking about Clemson and never, never Auburn.

Archived