*** 2019 NFL DRAFT THREAD***

GwillMac6

And the Panthers get another WR that embarrassed AU in a championship game...🙄 Terry Godwin

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, AUBwins said:

NFL network was complimentary of the pick as a long term solution.  Great things to say about Stidham.  Basically just said the scheme was a bad fit in college.  Go Jarrett.

they also noted that he caved under pressure from a rush.....not a good recommendation perhaps....lots of teams passed him up but he seems to be what Pats wanted though I note that over the years they have drafted 10 QBs as prospective backups for Brady and the old guy is still there and seems to be saying that he is not going anywhere.... 

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

UT talent level had cratered under Orange Pants and Sgt Carter. I would lay money Pruitt will change this in years to come.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26619492/pats-stidham-7th-qb-selected

Shades of Brady...stidham 7th about selected

The 6-foot-2, 218-pound Stidham joins veteran Brian Hoyer and 2018 seventh-round pick Danny Etling on the depth chart behind Brady, and added that he's looking forward to working with them as well. Auburn wide receiver Darius Slayton, a fifth-round pick of the New York Giants on Saturday, said the Patriots are a perfect fit for Stidham.

"I think he can be Tom Brady-esque because Jared's really smart, he throws well from the pocket, he's good at making quick decisions. I think that is a great fit for him. And he loves Tom Brady to death. I'm sure that is like getting drafted by God for him," Slayton said

Stidham completed 470 of 739 passes for 5,952 yards, with 36 touchdowns and 11 touchdowns over the past two seasons at Auburn after transferring from Baylor. His completion percentage dipped from 66.5 in 2017 to 60.7 in 2018, which has sparked questions.

"I think there's different things that happen throughout the season, and I think myself, Coach [Gus] Malzahn, Coach [Chip] Lindsey, if we were all to kind of look back through the season, I think we'd just open it up a lot more," he said. "When you lose a guy like [running back] Kerryon Johnson, and Braden Smith up front, some of those guys that have a lot of experience, you just have to find out your identity. And I think we found our identity during our bowl game against Purdue

It's one of those things, but I wouldn't trade my time at Auburn for anything. I loved it there, and the great thing about Auburn is that it can really help prepare you for the next level. And sure enough, I'm lucky enough to sit here and be a Patriot and further my career a little bit."

8 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

That’s interesting given that we had so few people leave this year.

Anyone hear anything on free agent pick ups?

38 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

That’s interesting given that we had so few people leave this year.

Anyone hear anything on free agent pick ups?

1 hour ago, CR said:

UT talent level had cratered under Orange Pants and Sgt Carter. I would lay money Pruitt will change this in years to come.

I hope not but you are probaly right sadly.

31 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

How did Slayton get drafted but not RD?

Slayton has very good physical traits with big play potential and RD is undersized with a tape full of 6yd bubble screens.
That being said, the Patriots are a perfect team to take advantage of his skills and give him a chance to make an NFL roster. Hope he makes it.

32 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Speed. Upside. Measurables. Slayton tested well at the combine. If it was about strictly production then Garner Minshew would of been a first round pick lol

45 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Honestly, it’s probably size more than anything. Tall receivers are a hot commodity, but these short, quick guys are often believed to be too undersized to make it at the next level.

1 hour ago, Auburn Kev said:

not bad considering the guys who stayed behind for another year on the plains and would have gone in early rounds..  

2 hours ago, CR said:

Did I read today that one of their starting offensive linemen is transferring to USCw?    

Archived