*** 2019 NFL DRAFT THREAD***

GwillMac6

2 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I am really hoping Stidham goes to the Pats this round.  I just think that is the best situation for him to excel.  Gets to learn from the greatest QB in the game (sorry @GwillMac6;) ) for a few more years and think he fits nicely into that setup.  Much rather them than the Bengals or anyone with a young QB already. 

Green Bay please and behind the Great Aaron Rodgers!!!!

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Besides Cam and Dee Ford what NFL player currently do we have that we can point to and look as a major recruiting tool? There is none. No other stars besides Cam and Dee. Stars in the NFL is what grabs recruits attention. MAYBE Kerryon hopefully will be the next guy. 

Who are the stars that impress you and where did they come from?    Recruiting tools?   

Maybe I'm out of touch but just don't see that as a factor....maybe the coach who helped get him there but if you look around,  position coaches do the development work, not the HC and those guys move all the time so when it comes down to it....the player's talent, skill and work ethics is what it takes. . 

Making the NFL is likely the goal...and what happens after the guy gets there is on him.  

4 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Agreed.  Auburn has plenty to offer and it is up to each student athlete to take advantage of it as the try to reach their dream job.  In all honesty we all had similar dreams to be a pro athlete at one time, but our abilities, size, etc. ended those dreams before the college opportunity was an option.  Mine ended in 7th grade, lol

Sometimes it's good to find out the truth early enough that you can enact Plan B and be successful with it.  

My baseball dreams ended about grade 9 or 10 when I hit a non-growth slump and realized that I did not have much chance as a chubby 5'-6" catcher.   I hung in there til the end of HS....grew a bit more, and kept at it  just because I loved the game but I had no illusions about it. :)

7 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Who are the stars that impress you and where did they come from?    Recruiting tools?   

Maybe I'm out of touch but just don't see that as a factor....maybe the coach who helped get him there but if you look around,  position coaches do the development work, not the HC and those guys move all the time so when it comes down to it....the player's talent, skill and work ethics is what it takes. . 

Making the NFL is likely the goal...and what happens after the guy gets there is on him.  

A lot of Auburn fans call us RB U. Guess what? None of that matters to Kids. CLEARLY it does not with how even with a very RB friendly system we struggle to get the elite premiere backs in crutin. And when we do get a 5 star recently? Jovon Robinson and Roc Thomas happens. All they see is none recently went on to become studs in the NFL. They see Todd Gurley tearing the NFL up and Nick Chubb and Sony Michel having very strong rookie seasons. They see Leonard Fournette being a pro bowler as a rookie a season ago. They see Derrick Henry having a monster season for the titans last year. WHERE YOU AT AU?!?! Perception is reality in crutin. 

A lot of Auburn fans call us RB U. Guess what? None of that matters to Kids. CLEARLY it does not with how even with a very RB friendly system we struggle to get the elite premiere backs. All they see is none recently went on to become studs in the NFL. They see Todd Gurley tearing the NFL up and Nick Chubb and Sony Michel having very strong rookie seasons. They see Leonard Fournette being a pro bowler as a rookie a season ago. They see Derrick Henry having a monster season for the titans last year. WHERE YOU AT AU?!?! Perception is reality in crutin. 

JMO but those are all 5* players and could be in the NFL tearing it up if they had gone to Vandy.   Funny that we have guys playing in the NFL and drawing an NFL check who were barely 4* and not recruited by the bamas of the world. I respect what those guys have accomplished and what they probably learned at AU.

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

JMO but those are all 5* players and could be in the NFL tearing it up if they had gone to Vandy.   Funny that we have guys playing in the NFL and drawing an NFL check who were barely 4* and not recruited by the bamas of the world. I respect what those guys have accomplished and what they probably learned at AU.

lol our player development is not good. Us and Vandy are the only ones without a first round pick in the last 5 drafts. We have top 10 classes every year almost. There is no excuse for this kind of showing year in year out. OHHHH REALLY?!?! Then why did our 5 star RBs not tear it up? Even Dyer who was a 5 star and good at AU barely sniffed the nfl as a practice squad player for awhile.

37 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Green Bay please and behind the Great Aaron Rodgers!!!!

That would work too.  I know Sean Payton liked him.  For a brief moment I was wondering if the trade up was to get him. I would have loved that too.  

41 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Lol going to the pats is so overrated for a QB. When has the worked for any of them besides Jimmy G who got a awesome contract when he was traded to the niners? Brady does not care about mentoring some young kid. He is focused on winning and the season at task as he should hahahah. 

This one would be different.  He knows Jarrett is as smart as he was in picking a winner for a wife.  He would have Jarrett over to his house often for film study to learn football and parenting tips while Giselle and Kenzie become buds.  👍

35 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Even Dyer who was a 5 star and good at AU barely sniffed the nfl as a practice squad player for awhile.

Not blaming Dyer on AU.are you?    That's a real reach.   He was good here until the started messing with drugs. and starting transferring around looking for a place he could play.   Surprised he made it to the NFL.  Considering the guys who made to NFL from AU who were under-rated, it would seem the development work was pretty good for Tate, CAP and a handful of others.  :dunno:

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Not blaming Dyer on AU.are you?    That's a real reach.   He was good here until the started messing with drugs. and starting transferring around looking for a place he could play.   Surprised he made it to the NFL.  Considering the guys who made to NFL from AU who were under-rated, it would seem the development work was pretty good for Tate, CAP and a handful of others.  :dunno:

Tate and CAP are backups and did not and have not done anything of consequence in the NFL. I want to have Auburn churn out more stars! Just making a roster and being on the sidelines is nothing to beat our chest about. 

8 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Tate and CAP are backups and did not and have not done anything of consequence in the NFL. I want to have Auburn churn out more stars! Just making a roster and being on the sidelines is nothing to beat our chest about. 

Disagree with that......on the other hand...teams with lots of NFL players like USC, Florida, Miami have been through some mediocre seasons....seems the objective for a college is to win games, not just be an NFL minor league. ..but granted in the past several years our NFL input has been less than in previous years.   Hoping we have a bunch after 2019. 

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

the player's talent, skill and work ethics is what it takes

This absolutely true in all phases of life, not just football.  The college years are growth years for individuals and what they do during those years will shape their future.  To get the elite player, the school has to show them a way to reach their goal and past practices is a very good motivator to feed the elite player’s ego and perception.

It would be nice to show prospective athletes a history of players that made it in the NFL in recent years.

53 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

This one would be different.  He knows Jarrett is as smart as he was in picking a winner for a wife.  He would have Jarrett over to his house often for film study to learn football and parenting tips while Giselle and Kenzie become buds.  👍

Let the pow wow begin.  My man Stidham going to win Superbowls.

lol great call @AUBwins that was a legendary pull. YOU WILL GET INDUCTED IN TO THE AU FAMILY HALL OF FAME FOR THIS!!!!!! WOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

NFL network was complimentary of the pick as a long term solution.  Great things to say about Stidham.  Basically just said the scheme was a bad fit in college.  Go Jarrett.

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Boom 

Just now, AUBwins said:

NFL network was complimentary of the pick as a long term solution.  Great things to say about Stidham.  Basically just said the scheme was a bad fit in college.  Go Jarrett.

Anything that can shine a light on how bad Gus is with Pocket Qbs I am all for. BUT SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!! Give him a clean pocket and he is money. He will have awhile to learn how to be better when it comes to dealing with pressure

I am way more excited for him to go learn under THE HOODIE WHO IS THE GOAT and Josh McDaniels than brady. Because those are the 2 who have a vested interest in him. Belichick is a defensive coach but how he has a different game plan EVERY SINGLE GAME. He has no system. He is not married to any scheme. He just adjusts to who he is playing against and attacks that teams weakness. A NOVEL concept I know hahahaha. 

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Anything that can shine a light on how bad Gus is with Pocket Qbs I am all for. BUT SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!! Give him a clean pocket and he is money. He will have awhile to learn how to be better when it comes to dealing with pressure

I just think he fits the mold for that team.  Maybe if anything, he will learn to be cerebral like Tom.  JS was an assassin at Baylor though.  Pumped for him. 

It's the absolute perfect spot for Stidham.  Spread concept offense that loves quick hit plays, but will take shots deep.  Gets to learn for at least a year or two with no expectations.  He'll thrive there.

7 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol great call @AUBwins that was a legendary pull. YOU WILL GET INDUCTED IN TO THE AU FAMILY HALL OF FAME FOR THIS!!!!!! WOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

On 4/15/2019 at 3:13 PM, aubearcat said:

New England would be a great landing spot for Jarrett. 

👏🏻🙌🏻

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Hopefully with the QBs we are starting to get, that number will increase a little quicker. 

Archived