Trump Is a Racist. If You Still Support Him, So Are You.

homersapien

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-is-a-racist-if-you-still-support-him-so-are-you?ref=home

The president is a racist, in his words and his actions. 

Before you go clutching your pearls and extolling the virtues of “civility,” let me say this: Put a sock in it. 

This is not a new revelation, nor is it something that we can continue to ignore as though it were coming from a drunk uncle at the family barbecue. Bigotry is dangerous and, coming from our nation’s commander in chief, it can mean an inability to recognize individual humanity and a failure to act with moral authority in times of crisis. Every person talking about his clothes as he cheerfully bares his ass is part of the problem. 

On Sunday, he claimed that newly elected progressive Democrats “originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe” and “the worst, more corrupt and inept anywhere in the world.” And he told freshmen Reps. Ayanna Pressley, Rashida Tlaib, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Ilhan Omar—outspoken Democratic women of color who have challenged the administration’s inhumane immigration policies—to leave the country

Three of the four were born here in the United States. All are American citizens, and duly elected members of Congress.

Trump’s repugnant rebuke of American values did not come out of thin air.  It unfolded days after “the Squad” travelled with a delegation of congressional Democrats to tour detention facilities in border states. What they found was deplorable. Reports of rampant abuse and neglect filled the airwaves, leading Trump to again dismiss accurate coverage as “fake news.” Rather than focus on improving basic conditions and getting to work on bi-partisan, comprehensive reforms, the president basically said if immigrants didn’t like how they were being treated, they should stay in their own country. 

This morning, he turned his ire on some of his most vocal critics in Congress—all of whom have previously called for his impeachment. 

“Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came,” Trump tweeted about the four congresswomen today. “Then come back and show us how it is done.”

“These places need your help badly,” he went on, “you can’t leave fast enough.”

While Republicans predictably remained tight-lipped and oblivious, Democrats reacted swiftly. 

“Mr. President, the country I ‘come from,’ and the country we all swear to, is the United States,” Rep. Ocasio-Cortez responded. “You are angry because you can’t conceive of an America that includes us. You rely on a frightened America for your plunder.”

“When @realDonaldTrump tells four American Congresswomen to go back to their countries, he reaffirms his plan to ‘Make America Great Again’ has always been about making America white again,” House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said in a tweet. “Our diversity is our strength and our unity is our power.”

This isn’t simply disgusting and divisive rhetoric. Whether it is the abhorrent, inhumane treatment of immigrants detained in government-sponsored concentration camps or the slow, piecemeal aid sent to Puerto Rico after Hurricane Maria, for some, his policies have been deadly. 

Certainly, this is not the first time Trump has shamelessly revealed himself in public. His “Make America Great Again” campaign was always about catering to our lowest common denominator—a hateful sector of the electorate that believes themselves culturally superior by skin color and religion. 

For years, even before mounting a formal bid for the presidency, Trump regaled television news audiences with racist conspiracy theories about former President Barack Obama. He pledged to send investigators out to prove the nation’s 44th president was not born in the United States. He later derided immigrants from Haiti, El Salvador, and African countries, calling those foreign nations “s*** hole countries.” He once said immigrants from Haiti all “have AIDS” and that Nigerian immigrants would never “go back to their huts.”

In Trump’s mind, a judge’s Mexican heritage made him incapable of ruling fairly in a civil fraud case against one of his companies, and he believes “laziness is a trait in blacks.” Trump, whose real estate company was sued for housing discrimination in the 1970s, went on to place a full-page ad in the New York Times calling for the execution of five innocent black teenagers. Even after the Central Park Five were exonerated, he refused to take it back. After Heather Heyer was murdered in Charlottesville, Virginia, amid a white supremacist protest, he lamented the there were “some very fine people” on “both sides.” 

Trump is not a fine person. His words Sunday were not racially “charged,” “fueled,” or “tinged.” They were unapologetically racist. 

And, if you support him, so are you. 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trump Goes All In on Racism

Trump is going in the opposite direction. By now, one would be only slightly surprised to hear the president simply use the N-word. Perhaps he’s saving that until the generalelection......

Lol,.... I started to scroll up to see if I could sort of get an idea of that flow of the thread.... I caught this bit like right off.... Come on, dont you all think you should reel some of this kinda stuff back a little?... I tell what, I will bet anyone here 500 bucks that the implied "N" word will never come out of Trumps mouth or as any tweet ever.... In fact ill bet 500 to anyones 50. All you have to do is take the bet. We should always have a record of it here.... All he has to do is call somebody, or any group of people the N word! Come on... This got to be one of the easiest bets youll ever make!! Its Trump!! Hes a white supremacist for god sakes!! Just take the bet!! 

9 hours ago, SaturdayGT said:

Trump is going in the opposite direction. By now, one would be only slightly surprised to hear the president simply use the N-word. Perhaps he’s saving that until the generalelection......

Lol,.... I started to scroll up to see if I could sort of get an idea of that flow of the thread.... I caught this bit like right off.... Come on, dont you all think you should reel some of this kinda stuff back a little?... I tell what, I will bet anyone here 500 bucks that the implied "N" word will never come out of Trumps mouth or as any tweet ever.... In fact ill bet 500 to anyones 50. All you have to do is take the bet. We should always have a record of it here.... All he has to do is call somebody, or any group of people the N word! Come on... This got to be one of the easiest bets youll ever make!! Its Trump!! Hes a white supremacist for god sakes!! Just take the bet!! 

someone came out from his television show and said he was caught on tape using the n word between shoots while on the set. tape of it. and yes the story died and i never see the cat anymore. maybe it was not true but trump has yet to earn the benefit of the doubt with me. what happened to the twenty dollar bill that jackson was supposed to be removed and a black lady put on it. man that got  stopped quick. and lets forget trumps fathers ties to the klan and refusing to rent to people of color. i am pretty sure he went to court over that. of course you folks all think trump  is a fine christian as well.........

29 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

what happened to the twenty dollar bill that jackson was supposed to be removed and a black lady put on it. man that got  stopped 

There’s still plans for Harriett Tubman to be placed on the $20.00. It’s supposed to be in circulation by 2025 if I’m not mistaken. 

Question for Salty, Nola, Kevin and Japan:

If one supports or approves of racist language, does that not make them racist themselves?

Try to be honest.

23 minutes ago, homersapien said:

If one supports or approves of racist language, does that not make them racist themselves?

Try to be honest.

When you hear Trump use racist language, let me know.  

1 hour ago, japantiger said:

When you hear Trump use racist language, let me know.  

Nola, is that you?

Denial is no way to go through life, no matter how self-affirming it may feel. 

Trump could bomb a black church and you wouldn't call it racist unless he left a manifesto that had the word niggers in it.

5 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Nola, is that you?

Trump could bomb a black church and you wouldn't call it racist unless he left a manifesto that had the word niggers in it.

Please provide a racist quote.  Otherwise, your just hurling unsupported childish insults which no one takes serious.  

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

Try to be honest.

1. Provide an example of “racist language.”

2. Define what you mean by “support or approve.” For example, if a person approves of a song that uses the N word, does that person fall within the meaning. 

Remember who you are are dealing with and proceed with caution. I will uproot your posts like usual. 

57 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Nola, is that you?

If denial is no way to go through life, then quit avoiding the question you’ve been asked. Take a dose of your own medicine or shut up, buddy boy.

6 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

2. Define what you mean by “support or approve.” For example, if a person approves of a song that uses the N word, does that person fall within the meaning. 

Remember who you are are dealing with and proceed with caution. I will uproot your posts like usual. 

Hey Nola, I think this is what he means by support and approve ... so if you belong to a party that supports an openly racist governor that glorified the Klan, enshrined it as his yearbook photo and lied about when caught; are you a racist?

190202-ralph-northam-crop.jpg?quality=90

th?id=OIP.VEt5AYI1hz4gzQRBY-XeegHaEK&pid

5 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Hey Nola, I think this is what he means by support and approve ... so if you belong to a party that supports an openly racist governor that glorified the Klan, enshrined it as his yearbook photo and lied about when caught; are you a racist?

190202-ralph-northam-crop.jpg?quality=90

th?id=OIP.VEt5AYI1hz4gzQRBY-XeegHaEK&pid

Homer should answer this in reference to his initial question. Grab your popcorn, the mental gymnastics are coming!

My guess is that a long WaPo article will be posted.

5 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Homer should answer this in reference to his initial question. Grab your popcorn, the mental gymnastics are coming!

Hey Nola, if you support a party that has a  50 year member; who served as VP for 8 years and is the leading candidate for the party in the current election cycle; and they said the quote below; are you a racist (hint, Indian's are people of color).  

"You cannot go to a 7-11 or Dunkin Donuts unless you have a slight Indian Accent." -Senator Joe Biden

Hey Nola, another brain teaser for you... if you support a political party that has a  50 year member; who served as VP for 8 years and is the leading candidate for the party in the current election cycle; and they said the quote below; are you a racist (hint, Barack Obama was a person of color).  

“I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy,” he said. “I mean, that’s a storybook, man.”

1 hour ago, NolaAuTiger said:

1.  Telling American citizens of color to "go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came"  is racist language.

2. Claiming the above is not racist language.

(I know who I am dealing with: A kid who feels compelled to use bravado to compensate for his insecurity.)

Sorry Homer, Trump said that if you don't like it here you can leave. And he didn't mention color at all. Truth is lots of white democrats hate America too, just so happens the squad is out front. I am not a racist. I support Trump for president over ANYONE you can throw up there. Don't ever call me a racist again.

30 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Sorry Homer, Trump said that if you don't like it here you can leave. And he didn't mention color at all. Truth is lots of white democrats hate America too, just so happens the squad is out front. I am not a racist. I support Trump for president over ANYONE you can throw up there. Don't ever call me a racist again.

I quoted what Trump said. He said it to people of color. That's racist. 

While you claim you aren't racist, you are certainly supporting one as president. That's pretty much a distinction without a difference.

3 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

What the governor of Virginia did in college was most certainly racist.  I don't know if he has changed since then regarding race (many people have) but otherwise, I don't have a dog in that fight since I am not from Virginia.

But as far as I know, he regrets doing it and hasn't said or done anything recently that indicates he is a racist. 

On the other hand, Trump has both a recent and immediate history of racist statements and certainly hasn't even thought about apologizing for it.

How's that for "mental gymnastics"?  Were you able to keep up?

5 minutes ago, homersapien said:

While you claim you aren't racist, you are certainly supporting one as president. That's pretty much a distinction without a difference.

he has tbs homie he cannot really help it.

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

What the governor of Virginia did in college was most certainly racist.  I don't know if he has changed since then regarding race (many people have) but otherwise, I don't have a dog in that fight since I am not from Virginia.

But as far as I know, he regrets doing it and hasn't said or done anything recently that indicates he is a racist. 

On the other hand, Trump has both a recent and immediate history of racist statements and certainly hasn't even thought about apologizing for it.

How's that for "mental gymnastics"?  Were you able to keep up?

Words are just words. 

"I am not a racist." Gov Northam and his AG.

"I did not have sex with that woman." WJC, the VA Lt Gov., Harvey Weinstein, and all of Epstein's Friends.... 

"If you like your plan, you can keep your plan." BHO and now JB...

"We are giving the American Middle Class a tax break.." All republicans after giving a tax break to the wealthy.

"We support a balanced budget amendment and fiscal responsibility." Every Republican since 1980, that went on to do nothing at all about it either.

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

More geometric logic....

11 hours ago, homersapien said:

Question for Salty,

An unnecessary "roll your eyes" tweet.

Obviously an emotional reaction to his ideological differences with these four menaces. The one that referred to him as an MFer in January should apologize to him and the rest of nation. President Trump intended nothing racist and intent is an important word. 

Sorta of aggravating. Could see the "racist"/"white supremacy" BS attempting to gain traction when collusion and obstruction failed.   

Archived