Favorite Beach Destination

AUesquire

To carry our "Favorites" theme a bit further, for those that enjoy the beach, whatare some of your favorite places to stay, eat and/or hang out.

For me, living about 80 miles above Panama City, that's always been the logical place to go. As I get older, I like places that are a little more out of the mainstream of the Miracle Strip.

Favorite Place To Stay: Marriott Bay Point Resort

Favorite Restaurant(s): Boar's Head for great food. Treasure Ship for the family(My 4 year old loves the ship :P ) Captain Anderson's is probably best all-around.

Favorite hangout: Teddy Tucker's. An outside bar/grill at the end of a long pier that extends out over the bay. Munch on some fried grouper fingers while you watch the boats come in from the Gulf at sunset while a guy plays an acoustic set of music...holy smoke I'm gettin' fired up.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Orange Beach

Seaside Beach and Racquet Club or Lei Lani

Doc's, Big O's(in Gulf Shores), Sea and Suds, LuLu's

Flora-Bama

As I mentioned in another post, you can't beat the far west end of PCB!

The Boar's Head is about 300 yards from our Condo!

Pineapple Willy's BBQ ribs makes dream(nightmare)land look like mcdonald's.

Beautiful Beach-Great food-Lovelly Bride- ONLY 3 more weeks 'till Vacation!

:cheer::cheer::cheer:

As I mentioned in another post, you can't beat the far west end of PCB!

The Boar's Head is about 300 yards from our Condo!

Pineapple Willy's BBQ ribs makes dream(nightmare)land look like mcdonald's.

Beautiful Beach-Great food-Lovelly Bride- ONLY 3 more weeks 'till Vacation!

:cheer:   :cheer:   :cheer:

156780[/snapback]

Panama City Beach - trashiest city in the US, but I do like Dusty's Oyster Bar.

PCB hasn't been too kind to me, got arrested for underage drinking back in the 90's, and got a horrible social disease back during Spring Break 1998.

Now I just hang out at the Reef on Perdido Key, although a friend of mine, who is also an Auburn Alumnus, got beat up by a 60-year-old women from Michigan, his name is Wishbone.

PCB hasn't been too kind to me, got arrested for underage drinking back in the 90's, and got a horrible social disease back during Spring Break 1998.

156913[/snapback]

YES, EXACTLY!! Don't come to PCB, you will get arrested and catch a STD; please stay away, our roads are crowded enough as it is. Besides, the hurricane and tornado wiped everything out last Fall, there is hardly a building standing, and the ones that are are charging $500/night, just so you can sleep in a bed that a Spring Breaker and the trashy local (he was catching his disease from) were throwing up in the night before...

156913[/snapback]

YES, EXACTLY!! Don't come to PCB, you will get arrested and catch a STD; please stay away, our roads are crowded enough as it is. Besides, the hurricane and tornado wiped everything out last Fall, there is hardly a building standing, and the ones that are are charging $500/night, just so you can sleep in a bed that a Spring Breaker and the trashy local (he was catching his disease from) were throwing up in the night before...

156974[/snapback]

We could always stay at YOUR place!!! :big:

156913[/snapback]

156974[/snapback]

We could always stay at YOUR place!!! :big:

157019[/snapback]

PARTEEEE AT REXs!!!

Yes, of course, my house is Spring Break central, and with this cool weather we are having, it still feels like Spring so that's all the excuse we need. The pool is still fairly cool though, only 78...

1. Orange Beach- Phoenix II

2. Pensacola Beach- Any of the condos on the Gulf side. If you ever get the chance, go when the Blue Angels do their beach show in July. It is usually the weekend following July 4th. There is nothing like sitting on the beach or on the balcony of your condo and watching a full blown, high speed air show.

Now I just hang out at the Reef on Perdido Key, although a friend of mine, who is also an Auburn Alumnus, got beat up by a 60-year-old women from Michigan, his name is Wishbone.

Please...don't include me in your bizarre stories.

LOL to the STD thing - I dont think you can blame a CITY on that - EWW! That's shouldn't be funny - sorry :(

Crabs We Got 'EM on Pensacola Beach is TO DIE FOR. Can't beat the view, the price or the CRAB LEGS!!! They also have like 50+ different shots - didn't know there WERE that many. Bamboo Willie's out there is pretty cool too :)

Lulu's is a GREAT place! :) Wish I could be eatin' there when Jimmy blows in... every time I'm there, they always say stuff like.. "oh yeah, he was here last week" :blink:

Panama City Beach RV Resort No tents, no pop-ups. We travel in a 30 foot Trail-lite every where we go. My wife has a bad back and the bed is special. This place is directly across the street from the beach 1000 feet from the entrance to St. Andrews. QUIET, QUIET, QUIET. The kids love the Treasure Ship. So we jsut cheat and go there for the $5 burger lunch. They still get to play on the ship. I find their seafood to be better than Andersons. Eat mostly at the campsite and enjoy all day on the beach with the kids. Creatures of habit are we and go there about three times a summer.

But my wife and I are going to Hawaii May 25 thru June 2 for our tenth. I'll let you know how those beaches stack up.

LOL to the STD thing - I dont think you can blame a CITY on that - EWW!  That's shouldn't be funny - sorry  :(

Crabs We Got 'EM on Pensacola Beach is TO DIE FOR.  Can't beat the view, the price or the CRAB LEGS!!! They also have like 50+ different shots - didn't know there WERE that many.  Bamboo Willie's out there is pretty cool too :)

Lulu's is a GREAT place! :)   Wish I could be eatin' there when Jimmy blows in... every time I'm there, they always say stuff like.. "oh yeah, he was here last week"  :blink:

157101[/snapback]

Rodger that, someone told me the exact same thing about Jimmy last time I was @ LuLu's, I always used to hear that a lot at Judge Roy Bean's also.

Seriously, I got a house on the far east side of Perdido Key, I like to stay there, not too much commercialization on that side of the island. Although that's the part of the island that took most of Ivan's force. They've torn down both of the houses on either side of mine. My place sits 12 feet above the concrete slab, and waves were coming inside. With all the contractors tied up with all the high-rises, we can't get any quality work done on our place. Both my parents tried to ride out the hurricane in that house. As the front of the house went, both my parents got washed outside. At one point, my dad tied hiself to a tree with an extension cord. That is a true story. I drove down from MS, and got to Perdido Key about 10 hrs after the storm hit. Some guys form Dade County Search and Rescue let me ride across to the island with them, because Escambia Co. Sheriff's had the bridge blocked. We spent three days over there with no food or water. Fortunately, we did have several cases of Coors light, but no ice.

There is a bar within walking distance from the house called The Reef. They have real good food, but after dark, it turns into a real rough joint. You got to watch yourself there. And yes, Wishbone did get beat up by a 60-yr-old women there, and I almost had to take out her husband.

Wishbone, if I poseted one-tenth of the stories about me and you to the WEN, they'd ban us both. :poke:

LOL to the STD thing - I dont think you can blame a CITY on that - EWW!  That's shouldn't be funny - sorry  :(

Crabs We Got 'EM on Pensacola Beach is TO DIE FOR.

At least no one is dieing from the STD's in Panama City... ;)

Crabs We Got 'EM on Pensacola Beach is TO DIE FOR.

At least no one is dieing from the STD's in Panama City... ;)

157117[/snapback]

Club LaVila (party with 1000's)

I believe Club LaVela is being torn down, was, is, is going to be...can't remember, but it's on it's way out.

I agree on Pineapple Willie's too. Love to take the family out on the pier and eat. Good rib basket and great scenery.

favorite beach is located in pacific city, oregon.

place to stay:

• (summertime) set up camp on the beach w/ plenty of driftwood to burn.
  • (wintertime) beach house rental for weathering pacific storms.

place to eat:

• (dinner) pelican brew pub
  • (breakfast) the grateful bread

Although I enjoy the gulf coast beaches and consider them the best I've seen in the continental US, my favorite is Copacabana in Rio. Seven mile semi-circle with a huge rock on each end. No buildings are allowed on the beach side of the highway so all the hotels are on the other side of the street. There are 50 to 150 yards of white sand, then the highway, four lanes with mosaic tile sidewalks, and then some very nice and not so expensive (for beachfront) hotels. If you have a room overlooking the beach, the sun comes into the room at daybreak; nothing short of spectacular.

Puerto Rico has some beautiful beaches; pink coral sand and the only tropical rain forest in the US. But the only time to visit is the dead of winter; other times are just too humid to be fun.

I believe Club LaVela is being torn down, was, is, is going to be...can't remember, but it's on it's way out.

LeVela just announced they will be open another year or so, they were suppossed to close earlier this month. The rumor is that the pre-sales for the Condo going in on that site were not enough and they canceled or put on hold the project. For those of us that cannot stand the idea of another 30 story condo being built right on the beach, that is a dream come true!! Now, we just need a 250 mph+ hurricane to come blow down the ones already standing...

Archived