The Real Problem

twilli13

The real problem with administration at AU is everything is reactionary. We never get ahead of the game on anything. The process/infrastructure for facilitating finding a replacement should be a process that is already in place and ready to go at a moment's notice. The administration should be forward thinking in what their goals are for the program and have options identified to ensure they get ahead of the game and progress rather than stagnate or regress. Instead, we have an administration that operates with a crisis mentality, being extremely reactive in their approach to coaching hires, facility upgrades and the program in general. They wait till the bottom falls out and then try and fix s*** after the fact. That's the reason we are where we are. 

5 minutes ago, twilli13 said:

That's the reason we are where we are. 

And the PTB(money men) jockeying for top dog position and the most influence.

The last time we had a coach hire ready before we fired the current coach it costed us dearly. I think that happens everywhere for almost every coaching change but somehow Auburn got excoriated for it   

The real problem is envy.  Envy causes people to be miserable and make stupid, irrational decisions.

Exodus 20:17

Didn't Gus have more wins that the rest of the SEC coaches combined?

The double edge sword of loyalty  - I'm all for erring on the side of waiting slightly "too long" to fire guys like Chizik and Malzahn (not so with  cheating dirtbag Barfield). I actually thought after a 2010 national championship we owed Chizik one more season after the 2012 nightmare, but thats just me. 

i read somewhere a long time back that any AD worth his salt always had a current list of coaches names in case it was needed. i believe it was an auburn person but my memory fails me as to who said it. i think we went after the guy we wanted but when we were turned down then we have struggled.

18 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i read somewhere a long time back that any AD worth his salt always had a current list of coaches names in case it was needed. i believe it was an auburn person but my memory fails me as to who said it. i think we went after the guy we wanted but when we were turned down then we have struggled.

I think this is wise, regardless of the profession.  Good HCs are aware of what DC/OC would replace the current if the need arises.   I maintain a list of possible candidates to replace my current employees should they resign or be terminated.  

Times are different, and people change jobs more frequently than ever.  My dad has worked at 2 places his entire life. His dad, only 1. 

Yes I'm envious that Georgia is 15-5 the past 20 seasons vs Auburn. I am envious that since 2013 every team in the SEC except Auburn, including Vandy, has won at least one game at either LSU, UGA or Alabama. I am envious that some adminstrations care more about winning than having control.

10 hours ago, screwtape said:

The real problem is envy.  Envy causes people to be miserable and make stupid, irrational decisions.

Exodus 20:17

Didn't Gus have more wins that the rest of the SEC coaches combined?

4 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

The double edge sword of loyalty  - I'm all for erring on the side of waiting slightly "too long" to fire guys like Chizik and Malzahn (not so with  cheating dirtbag Barfield). I actually thought after a 2010 national championship we owed Chizik one more season after the 2012 nightmare, but thats just me. 

Respectfully man, but no, we dont owe these coaches anything. They are paid insanely to begin with and, thanks to scumbag sports agents, the schools are already on the hook for insane buyouts which is typically what equates to a ridiculous severance package...exponentially higher than in any other industry. They arent owed s***. If you are saying there are really really good signs you think a coach can turn things back around, I could maybe see that. But giving them another year for loyalty sake is insane. They are compensated over generously to begin with. 

The fans have wanted Gus gone since the January 1, 2018. We knew this has been a possibility for YEARS. Why was there no plan in place? Why was their no homework done on possible new hires? 

I still don’t understand how you can fire a guy for $21 million and have no plan in place. And I’m not talking about, “I’d like to hire this person, or I’d like to hire that person”. You should have your guy locked up before you made that move.

Archived