Auburn closing in on Bryan Harsin

Tony4AU

14 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

The just don’t think this guy has the name recognition around this area to recruit against Saban, Fisher, and Smart. But what else is new. We are destined to lose to them recruiting forever. So let’s just keep on being Auburn.

Preach. We deserve to suck 

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Taco said:

Neither has Napier, Brown, or whatever G5 darling people were ready to hire. 

Napier has spent most of his career in the power 5, and has at least recruited the south east. 
Brown is the current head coach of a power 5 program, and has coached around several major programs as an assistant. I wasn’t blown away with either of those names either, but their resume is stronger than this guy’s.

Just now, PoetTiger said:

I can if he gets rid of Steele and Garner. 

Pass on those two. Give me caddy and twill if anyone is retained.

Just now, dilligas said:

He’s sure been a winner both as a HC and in many years as an OC at Boise.  I’m good with the hire.  Looking forward to hearing from him and seeing how his staff shapes up.

Lol what are you on

1 minute ago, AU-24 said:

Don’t you know that’s absolutely impossible, because the BOT would never let them do it etc. etc. etc. (Sarcasm)

Exactly, everybody got all wrapped up in the anti-Greene mess thinking he was a puppet. Give that man his props!

I hope someone in the know can give me some good reasons to feel great about this hire because frankly I don’t see much to get excited about! 😡😡😡

Just now, Barnacle said:

Can he competitively recruit in the SECW?

This is my biggest thing and what I’m waiting to see if he is truly given autonomy and what staff he can build.  We need some recruiters or I fear we will get eaten alive on the trail.

5 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

That was in the “whatever terrible conference Boise plays in.” This is the SEC... Big boy football. He’s never coached at this level.

Shhhh, you gonna get people pissy.

Best not mention dude has the lowest win % of any Boise St HC since the 90's either.

3 minutes ago, AuShucks said:

Recruiting? Is he going to be able to recruit in the SEC?

Of course, plenty of people are gonna wanna play on that Smurf Turf...oh, never mind.

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

If he retains steele I will really question if he was given autonomy.

Absolutely and it will let us all know the PTB are still running the show. If we are all honest, Steele has to go after the undermining came out.. who would trust him? And the players know it too.. just really a clown show with that situation and he has to go... 

1 minute ago, dilligas said:

He’s sure been a winner both as a HC and in many years as an OC at Boise.  I’m good with the hire.  Looking forward to hearing from him and seeing how his staff shapes up.

Boise State isn’t Auburn, and the mountain west is about as far from the SEC as you can get.

He’s a very good coach and we’re lucky as hell to get him considering how messed up and discombobulated this coaching search has been.  Kudos to Alan Greene and the advisory committee for pulling one out of the hat.

1 minute ago, AUFriction said:

Napier has spent most of his career in the power 5, and has at least recruited the south east. 
Brown is the current head coach of a power 5 program, and has coached around several major programs as an assistant. I wasn’t blown away with either of those names either, but their resume is stronger than this guy’s.

I understand where you come from but I trump that with the previous Boise state HC and where he ended up. If you can coach it doesn't make a difference what conference you are from. 

2 minutes ago, BizTiger said:

Exactly, everybody got all wrapped up in the anti-Greene mess thinking he was a puppet. Give that man his props!

Exactly, give this guy has props for getting his number one choice out of the Mountain West conference.

Archived