You would think a devout Catholic

jj3jordan

Who arguably has been reading scripture for..say, 60 years, would know how to pronounce Psalmist.  Lots of loud criticism of Trump for saying “Two Corinthians” instead of “Second Corinthians”.  Wondered why my friends on the left didn’t pounce equally on Joe. 

“If we open or arms rather than brandishing our fist, we can, with the help of God, heal. If we do, and I’m sure we can, we can proclaim a palmist, with a palmist who wrote these following words, ‘The lord is my strength and my shield and with my song, I give thanks to him.’”

Video available in various places.

3 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

I have not for one second believed Trump was anything but a con artist on this. 

Two Corinthians....wow. 

This is probably true, but you have to ask “what’s up with Biden”?  Being a life long Catholic and mispronouncing psalmist is odd to say the least.  He either is reading the teleprompter and it was misspelled there, in which he can’t think for himself, or it was spelled correctly and he didn’t recognize the word.  Either way the press totally ignored it, which I think is his point.

Is this what we are to expect from the free press for the next 4 years?

54 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

This is probably true, but you have to ask “what’s up with Biden”?  Being a life long Catholic and mispronouncing psalmist is odd to say the least.  He either is reading the teleprompter and it was misspelled there, in which he can’t think for himself, or it was spelled correctly and he didn’t recognize the word.  Either way the press totally ignored it, which I think is his point.

Biden is the human gaffe machine. He has a LLLOOONNNGGG history of making gaffes.

55 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Biden is the human gaffe machine. He has a LLLOOONNNGGG history of making gaffes.

I’m not sure misreading a teleprompter is a gaffe.  Trump misread Two Corinthians and got roasted.  Where are all the comedians roasting another old white man?

29 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I’m not sure misreading a teleprompter is a gaffe.  Trump misread Two Corinthians and got roasted.  Where are all the comedians roasting another old white man?

You know that aint gonna happen. 

3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Have you considered the possibility that he didn't actually misread the teleprompter, but that someone input the text wrong on the teleprompter so that it actually said "palmist" instead of "psalmist?"

10 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Have you considered the possibility that he didn't actually misread the teleprompter, but that someone input the text wrong on the teleprompter so that it actually said "palmist" instead of "psalmist?"

Yes I did, it was in my first post quoting DKW.

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

Yes I did, it was in my first post quoting DKW.

Sorry I missed that.

So you've never accidentally misspoken when reading from something that was in error, even though you knew the correct thing to say?  I know I've done it a couple of times in Powerpoint presentations over the years.

Just now, TitanTiger said:

Sorry I missed that.

So you've never accidentally misspoken when reading from something that was in error, even though you knew the correct thing to say?  I know I've done it a couple of times in Powerpoint presentations over the years.

Of course I have, but usually I think I just screwed that up and correct myself on the spot.  Trump didn’t and got roasted like he should.  Why is Biden different?  I nor you are the President Elect, I would have hoped for better.

26 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Of course I have, but usually I think I just screwed that up and correct myself on the spot.  Trump didn’t and got roasted like he should.  Why is Biden different?  I nor you are the President Elect, I would have hoped for better.

Because one isn't a typo.  If you see "2 Corinthians" or "II Corinthians," anyone who has ever actually cracked a Bible or spent any time paying attention in church knows that's "Second Corinthians", not "Two Corinthians."  If you're faking your Christian bonafides however, you'll say what Trump said.  But if you're reading a teleprompter and run across 'palmist' you might say what it actually says.

Do you really not understand the difference in the two?

4 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Because one isn't a typo.  If you see "2 Corinthians" or "II Corinthians," anyone who has ever actually cracked a Bible or spent any time paying attention in church knows that's "Second Corinthians", not "Two Corinthians."  If you're faking your Christian bonafides however, you'll say what Trump said.  But if you're reading a teleprompter and run across 'palmist' you might say what it actually says.

I don’t doubt Trump is and does fake his Christianity, that is not in question.  However, Biden is suppose to be familiar with the Bible and the pronunciation of psalms.  I don’t know who wrote his speech, but Joe didn’t put in the time to get it down so he knew what he was suppose to be saying.

If I’m reading a teleprompter and referencing a psalmist and said palmist; the second it came out of my mouth I would have know I screwed up.  Joe just kept on reading and repeated the same mistake again.  He just says words, he doesn’t seem to know the context.

I really don’t know why that doesn’t bother people.

3 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Are you joking? He was quoting scripture.  No person who is even near a church thinks that a palmist wrote scripture.  Unbelievable.  It is truly amazing the gyrations you will go to in defense of the indefensible.  How can anybody take you seriously when you propose that pile of hooey as an explanation for a pathetic lying fake catholic who is denied communion from his own church?   

2 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

Are you joking? He was quoting scripture.  No person who is even near a church thinks that a palmist wrote scripture.  Unbelievable.  It is truly amazing the gyrations you will go to in defense of the indefensible.  How can anybody take you seriously when you propose that pile of hooey as an explanation for a pathetic lying fake catholic who is denied communion from his own church?   

I guess I just see it differently.  Biden is messing up by going on autopilot and reading exactly what the teleprompter says.  Trump is saying something completely ignorant because he wouldn't know a Bible from the owner's manual of a car if you gave him three hints.  The religion is utterly foreign to him and his use for it is purely transactional.  My dog is closer to being a Christian than he is.

13 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

And a man with supposedly 60 years in the Catholic Church just couldnt recognize that fact?
Or maybe, you dont recognize that this is just another day for the Human Gaffe Machine?

Some people will go to any ridiculous length to cover for their favorite pol. Occam's Razor. Maybe it is just as simple as it looks?

12 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

I don’t doubt Trump is and does fake his Christianity, that is not in question.  However, Biden is suppose to be familiar with the Bible and the pronunciation of psalms.  I don’t know who wrote his speech, but Joe didn’t put in the time to get it down so he knew what he was suppose to be saying.

If I’m reading a teleprompter and referencing a psalmist and said palmist; the second it came out of my mouth I would have know I screwed up.  Joe just kept on reading and repeated the same mistake again.  He just says words, he doesn’t seem to know the context.

I really don’t know why that doesn’t bother people.

If you use your brain, it bothers you...

2 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

And a man with supposedly 60 years in the Catholic Church just couldnt recognize that fact?
Or maybe, you dont recognize that this is just another day for the Human Gaffe Machine?

Some people will go to any ridiculous length to cover for their favorite pol. Occam's Razor. Maybe it is just as simple as it looks?

I'm not "covering" for him, nor is he my "favorite" anything - except my favorite person to run Trump out of the White House.

I'm well aware he's a gaffe machine.  I've never suggested otherwise.  But that's what it was - a gaffe and that was my entire point.  Trump's wasn't a gaffe.  His was complete ignorance of a faith he claims to champion.  That's the only distinction I was drawing.

7 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

I guess I just see it differently.  Biden is messing up by going on autopilot and reading exactly what the teleprompter says.  Trump is saying something completely ignorant because he wouldn't know a Bible from the owner's manual of a car if you gave him three hints.  The religion is utterly foreign to him and his use for it is purely transactional.  My dog is closer to being a Christian than he is.

And this is the tiring part of the people on this forum.

Have you ever considered that...DUN DUN DUNNNNNN... That both could be true at the same time?

It is just funny as hell the way some on this board can only think in one dimension. 
IE: Trump is 100% Bad, Therefore Biden must be 100% Good....

Maybe the truth is that both are old white guys that have skated their entire public lives and both are pretty much out of touch ass holes?

Thats my world anyway.

I have never liked Trump and sure as hell never bought his sudden conversion to Christianity as anything but convenient political kabuki theatre. 
That still doesnt pardon nor excuse the fact that Biden is one of the world's worst speakers and he has been for decades. 

33 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

And this is the tiring part of the people on this forum.

Feeling's mutual.

Have you ever considered that...DUN DUN DUNNNNNN... That both could be true at the same time?

Yes, I considered it.  I stand by what I wrote.

It is just funny as hell the way some on this board can only think in one dimension. 

Likewise, it's funny as hell that you fancy yourself the voice of reason and balance.

IE: Trump is 100% Bad, Therefore Biden must be 100% Good....

No one has said that or suggested that.  That's just a strawman that's easier to tangle with than the actual arguments being made.

Maybe the truth is that both are old white guys that have skated their entire public lives and both are pretty much out of touch ass holes?

Maybe.  I mean, they both are old white guys.  I think most of the similarities dissipate after that.

Thats my world anyway.

Ok.

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

Feeling's mutual.

If trying to move the bar a little higher is tiring, call me guilty. But it certainly beats reposting essentially the same article/opinion piece for the 1000th time and thinking that has somehow raised the level of discourse. I mean how many times do you have to read some driveby pop-psych evaluation of some politician's mental faculties, etc before we can move on? Did we not meet critical mass at the 2nd one, the 3rd one, or the 10th one, or maybe at the 100th one? :tease:

Yes, I considered it.  I stand by what I wrote.

IOW, nope. 

Likewise, it's funny as hell that you fancy yourself the voice of reason and balance.

There You Go Again - Again GIF - Again ThereYouGoAgain GoAgain GIFs

There you go again. I think of myself as A voice of reason and balance, one of several on here really. I do not ever think of myself as the "be all-end all of anything." No one on this board has Mea-Culpa'ed more then I have. I mean no one. I am as messed up as anyone and probably more than most. And maybe that is why i can even offer someone like Trump an occasional well done and not choke to death on it. I want Trump gone as much as anyone, but I will give credit where he did well.  He has provided some welcome peace in the ME, He has opened a pathway to North Korea. He did organize Operation Warp Speed. He also failed so many times I cant count. But I can admit he wasnt 100% Evil, not 100% Bad. 

No one has said that or suggested that.  That's just a strawman that's easier to tangle with than the actual arguments being made.

That is intuitively obvious by the cumulative chat on the board. You just refused to admit Biden, once again gaffed as his 4 decade norm and tried to throw him some cover on it using something you have no proof of and essentially just created in your mind. 

Maybe.  I mean, they both are old white guys.  I think most of the similarities dissipate after that.

So, they both dont have decades in the public eye? 
They both arent politicians known for lying their asses off?

They both dont have clouds of scandal hanging around on family financial shenanigans?
They both dont do gaffes by the bucket load? I call "Covfefe" on all that....

Ok.

Maybe we could use a slight counter point or counter narrative in discourse to keep us on our toes? 

9 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

If trying to move the bar a little higher is tiring, call me guilty. But it certainly beats reposting essentially the same article/opinion piece for the 1000th time and thinking that has somehow raised the level of discourse. I mean how many times do you have to read some driveby pop-psych evaluation of some politician's mental faculties, etc before we can move on? Did we not meet critical mass at the 2nd one, the 3rd one, or the 10th one, or maybe at the 100th one? :tease:

Well, I didn't repost anything.  I simply responded to something already posted.  So I'm not sure what this has to do with me.

IOW, nope.

IOW, considering your take on it does not require adopting it as my own.

There you go again. I think of myself as A voice of reason and balance, one of several on here really. I do not ever think of myself as the "be all-end all of anything." No one on this board has Mea-Culpa'ed more then I have. I mean no one. I am as messed up as anyone and probably more than most. And maybe that is why i can even offer someone like Trump an occasional well done and not choke to death on it. I want Trump gone as much as anyone, but I will give credit where he did well.  He has provided some welcome peace in the ME, He has opened a pathway to North Korea. He did organize Operation Warp Speed. He also failed so many times I cant count. But I can admit he wasnt 100% Evil, not 100% Bad. 

More strawmen.  Where do you get all the hay?

That is intuitively obvious by the cumulative chat on the board. You just refused to admit Biden, once again gaffed as his 4 decade norm and tried to throw him some cover on it using something you have no proof of and essentially just created in your mind. 

I refused no such thing.  I literally called it a gaffe.  I literally agreed when you called him a gaffe machine.

Whatever other conversation you're having that only exists between your ears, please leave it and rejoin this one.  I have no idea who you think you're talking to.

So, they both dont have decades in the public eye? 
They both arent politicians known for lying their asses off?

They both dont have clouds of scandal hanging around on family financial shenanigans?
They both dont do gaffes by the bucket load? I call "Covfefe" on all that....

You said, "Maybe the truth is that both are old white guys that have skated their entire public lives and both are pretty much out of touch ass holes?"  I agreed with the "old white guys" part.  I don't think Biden has "skated" his entire public life and I don't think he's an out of touch a**hole.  Whatever his faults, I don't really think those are among them.  

Now as to your new and more detailed charges, sure those are some similarities.  But that wasn't what you initially said and that I was responding to.

Maybe we could use a slight counter point or counter narrative in discourse to keep us on our toes? 

Qué?

considering your take on it does not require adopting it as my own.

No truer words have ever been spoken.  It is the basis of disagreement .

22 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

you guys were fine when nancy had to tell ronnie raygun how to answer questions...............that is the truth.

18 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

you guys were fine when nancy had to tell ronnie raygun how to answer questions...............that is the truth.

Do you think people have become more aware of the issue in the past 30 years?

Archived