Opinion: Trump’s Senate impeachment trial won’t be a waste of time

homersapien

12 hours ago, autigeremt said:

Sounds like Democrats as well. Ideology over country 

Example?

Try to come up with something that approaches what the current impeachment proceeding is about.  (Or hell, even the previous impeachment.)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, alexava said:

It’s worse than that. The more Trump seemed to accomplish the further left the democrats swung. Democrats have shown they are willing to destroy the country, at all costs to defeat Trump. The hate for Trump ( I know, I was there myself) is so consuming and self destructive that it erases logical judgment. That’s all democrats have been focused on accomplishing for four years. Trump is easy not to like. But the truth is that Trump didn’t destroy anything. He exposed a lot. 

I certainly understand being driven away when a party attacks someone. The all-out assault on G.W. back in 2000 that I saw on the news and in Hollywood was what pushed me fairly far right for a while. It bothered me to no end that everyone kept calling him stupid, a puppet, etc., even before he had a chance to do anything. 

However, I am very interested in how you arrived here due to the attacks on Trump. i agree they've been constant, but I also believe they've been deserved. Unlike GW, everyone has known who Trump is for decades. The man has only ever been about himself, and has consistently proven it from the moment he got in office. I'm curious as to what you see in him that makes you believe he is a good person.

In regards to your comment about Trump not destroying anything, do you not believe he has done severe damage to faith in our elections by relentlessly claiming there was mass election fraud, without a shred of evidence? 

On 2/11/2021 at 8:29 AM, homersapien said:

Example?

Try to come up with something that approaches what the current impeachment proceeding is about.  (Or hell, even the previous impeachment.)

Try to view the country from a perspective free of rose colored glasses for once. 

Archived