Opinion: Trump’s Senate impeachment trial won’t be a waste of time

homersapien

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

It is a waste of time and if roles were reversed the Democrats would be losing their minds. Look at how they acted like Trump would put Hillary through similar trials and feared he'd do so to all his political rivals. Once again it's the Democrats doing what they accuse others of wanting to do.

I mean Trump campaigned on the idea that Hillary should be thrown in prison and hinted that he'd investigate. Trumps own Political rallies typically broke out into 

"LOCK HER UP" chants directed towards Hillary. Why was it crazy for Democrats to think Trump might do what he and his supporters continuously said should be done? 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I mean Trump campaigned on the idea that Hillary should be thrown in prison and hinted that he'd investigate. Trumps own Political rallies typically broke out into 

"LOCK HER UP" chants directed towards Hillary. Why was it crazy for Democrats to think Trump might do what he and his supporters continuously said should be done? 

Did they “LOCK HER UP”?  There’s your answer.  It was hyperbolic rhetoric. 

9 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

They sure did investigate it from head to foot trying to find something they could run with. 

Trump and his Justice Department launched a lot of investigations into Democrat wrong doings, but oddly enough all the investigations and committees always quietly disbanded without publicly declaring their findings or prosecuting anyone. 

7 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

They sure did investigate it from head to foot trying to find something they could run with. 

Trump and his Justice Department launched a lot of investigations into Democrat wrong doings, but oddly enough all the investigations and committees always quietly disbanded without publicly declaring their findings or prosecuting anyone. 

Unlike the Democrats who publicly trotted out everything Trump did as impeachable for four long years.  I can see the difference, Orange Man Bad.

11 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Unlike the Democrats who publicly trotted out everything Trump did as impeachable for four long years.  I can see the difference, Orange Man Bad.

Ten investigations were launched for the Benghazi attack, yielding nothing. You're not going to win an argument that one side blows things out of proportion more than the other.

On this particular topic, it's been brought up on this board before, but if Biden

1)lost the election

2)spent the month after it calling the election a fraud,

3)holds an ANTIFA rally on Jan. 6, and

4)sends the crowd to the Capitol,

any violence that happens there would be a result of his actions, and he should be held responsible. 

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

It was no more hyperbolic than insisting "I actually won by a land side"  or "the election was stolen"  in the "greatest fraud in our history" or that various "RINOs" were complicit in the fraud or "more people voted in Detroit that live there" or V.P. Pence could stop this if only he would........

We saw how that turned out.

On 2/5/2021 at 12:48 PM, I_M4_AU said:

So this gives the Democrats the right to ban him from running for public office?  That would be like the Democrats not allowing a Republican Representative on a committee because she has differing views.   That would go against the norms.

Ignoring the constitution and challenging the outcome of a lawful election goes a little beyond what could be described as "differing views".  :-\

35 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

No, not "everything" just things that should qualify as "high crimes and misdemeanors" and/or violations of the emoluments clause.

Such calculated hyperbole is really no different than plain old lying.

50 minutes ago, savorytiger said:

Ten investigations were launched for the Benghazi attack, yielding nothing. You're not going to win an argument that one side blows things out of proportion more than the other.

On this particular topic, it's been brought up on this board before, but if Biden

1)lost the election

2)spent the month after it calling the election a fraud,

3)holds an ANTIFA rally on Jan. 6, and

4)sends the crowd to the Capitol,

any violence that happens there would be a result of his actions, and he should be held responsible. 

I was just pointing out the Dems do the same thing.  Thanks for confirming the point.

38 minutes ago, homersapien said:

No, not "everything" just things that should qualify as "high crimes and misdemeanors" and/or violations of the emoluments clause.

Such calculated hyperbole is really no different than plain old lying.

The view of the Dems were everything he did was a *high crimes and misdemeanors* and yet to be proven in the Senate.  But I think you got him this time.

9 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

The view of the Dems were everything he did was a *high crimes and misdemeanors* and yet to be proven in the Senate.  But I think you got him this time.

That's just BS.  The impeachment indictments were specific and accurately presented the facts. 

You continue to expose yourself as a MAGA cultist.

15 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I was just pointing out the Dems do the same thing.  Thanks for confirming the point.

Yeah, you betcha'.  There is no difference between the party of Trump and the Democrats. They "do the same thing".   :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

That's just BS.  The impeachment indictments were specific and accurately presented the facts. 

You continue to expose yourself as a MAGA cultist.

I believe the impeachment was BS myself, we do agree on that.  Yet he was never removed from office, I wonder why.  Those are the facts and they can not be disputed.

Just now, homersapien said:

Yeah, you betcha'.  There is no difference between the party of Trump and the Democrats. They "do the same thing".   :rolleyes:

I believe that is what @DKW 86and @alexavahave been saying for a while.  It is more evident every day.

18 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

I believe the impeachment was BS myself, we do agree on that.  Yet he was never removed from office, I wonder why.  Those are the facts and they can not be disputed.

He wasn't removed from office because he has assumed control of the Republican party, who have revealed themselves to be without principles and willing to throw total allegiance to a demogogic authoritarian.   Duuuuuh! :-\

2 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Lol let's compare investigations?

They never sniffed her. It would be too hard to ignore the mountain of s*** smell.

6 hours ago, homersapien said:

He wasn't removed from office because he has assumed control of the Republican party, who have revealed themselves to be without principles and willing to through total allegiance to a demogogic authoritarian.   Duuuuuh! :-\

Sounds like Democrats as well. Ideology over country 

1 hour ago, autigeremt said:

Sounds like Democrats as well. Ideology over country 

It’s worse than that. The more Trump seemed to accomplish the further left the democrats swung. Democrats have shown they are willing to destroy the country, at all costs to defeat Trump. The hate for Trump ( I know, I was there myself) is so consuming and self destructive that it erases logical judgment. That’s all democrats have been focused on accomplishing for four years. Trump is easy not to like. But the truth is that Trump didn’t destroy anything. He exposed a lot. 
      Hypocrisy is what I have pinned on Republican and especially Trump for years. It’s worse now from democrats! Ten fold.

8 minutes ago, alexava said:

It’s worse than that. The more Trump seemed to accomplish the further left the democrats swung. Democrats have shown they are willing to destroy the country, at all costs to defeat Trump. The hate for Trump ( I know, I was there myself) is so consuming and self destructive that it erases logical judgment. That’s all democrats have been focused on accomplishing for four years. Trump is easy not to like. But the truth is that Trump didn’t destroy anything. He exposed a lot. 
      Hypocrisy is what I have pinned on Republican and especially Trump for years. It’s worse now from democrats! Ten fold.

What are the Democrats doing that will destroy the country in order to defeat Trump? What was the accomplishment they were trying to undo?

2 minutes ago, savorytiger said:

What are the Democrats doing that will destroy the country in order to defeat Trump? What was the accomplishment they were trying to undo?

If that’s not obvious......

1 hour ago, alexava said:

If you were trying to claim that this impeachment trial is the thing that's going to destroy America, then you should also be able to tell me what accomplishment Trump actually had which caused the Democrats to pursue impeachment. You posted a conclusion, and I'm asking how you got there.

10 hours ago, alexava said:

1.)You have become totally crazy.

2.) Are you watching the impeachment proceedings?

3.) Trump literally tried to destroy our democracy.  Do YOU believe he "won in a landside" and the election was stolen from him?    (Back to 1.)

No, I'd like to hear the answer to that as well.  Evasion doesn't cut it.

You've got nothing because you are just emoting.  There's no substance, no facts.  In fact that's what MAGA is all about, emotions and a sense of victimhood.  Losers.

Let me guess.  You haven't watched the impeachment proceedings either, have you?

Archived