Mississippi State series

I hate the results this season for the team, but I can’t say enough about Ryan Bliss. He’s an exceptional talent and I hope he makes it big in MLB. Great skill and represents AU very well. 

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I hate the results this season for the team, but I can’t say enough about Ryan Bliss. He’s an exceptional talent and I hope he makes it big in MLB. Great skill and represents AU very well. 

It's no secret he has been my favorite player since he came to Auburn. He is an instinctive, natural baseball player. You can't teach what he does. I bet he does have a good career in MLB. 

2 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

The good news....Auburn has scored 8 runs. In most cases that's enough to win games.

If we only had some pitching.....

It's sad we let local kid Jackson Reynolds leave. He has major league potential which is now being wasted at Shelton St,

Last weekend we had a game with 12 walks and two hit batters, for 14 gimmies. Today we walked nine and hit five. Right back at 14 gimmies. It's next to impossible to win a baseball game with that going on.

Yes, there are other problems but fixing those won't matter until we get this problem corrected.

15 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

It's sad we let local kid Jackson Reynolds leave. He has major league potential which is now being wasted at Shelton St,

Let him leave?? What happened?? 

11 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Let him leave?? What happened?? 

He wasn't getting much of a try in pre-season practices so he left. He originally signed with TAMU but didn't like it so he transferred to Auburn. The TAMU coach begged him to come back.

Just now, Proud Tiger said:

He wasn't getting much of a try in off season practices so he left. He originally signed with TAMU but didn't like it so he transferred to Auburn. The TAMU coach begged him to come back.

Well maybe he's a little bit of a prima donna. If he'd stuck around he might've been a starter right now. 

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

Well maybe he's a little bit of a prima donna. If he'd stuck around he might've been a starter right now. 

I know him well (he lives two doors away) and he is definitely not a prima donna. I'm not second guessing coaches just saying I wish we still had him the way things are now.

6 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

I know him well (he lives two doors away) and he is definitely not a prima donna. I'm not second guessing coaches just saying I wish we still had him the way things are now.

Why didn't he stick it out and try to work his way in? If he's as good as you say he is it makes no sense. 

15 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Why didn't he stick it out and try to work his way in? If he's as good as you say he is it makes no sense. 

Belle,

apparently, collegiate sports don’t work like that anymore.  Much to my chagrin 

59 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Can't answer that. My GUESS is that he has his eye on MLB and wanted to be some place where he was starter tis year.

1 hour ago, Tigerbelle said:

He was a really good prospect coming out of HS. Last year was a tough deal, and with him not getting more innings than he got in the shortened season and an increased roster this year, I imagine he started looking for a place where he knew he could get a lot of innings this year. 

Archived