Transfer portal and Women's basketball?

You'd think we would be hitting the portal hard to bring in talent....football and men's basketball has, why are we dragging our feet....after going 0'fer for the conference, I'm sure we need an upgrade to our talent level...

• WarTiger changed the title to Transfer portal and Women's basketball?

We have gotten a transfer guard from Mississippi State.  It was announced several weeks ago.

I've heard that Auburn is pursuing top50-75 caliber girls, and is quickly learning that top50-75 caliber girls aren't interested in places like Auburn right now.

On 6/2/2021 at 9:46 AM, AUJarhead said:

I've heard that Auburn is pursuing top50-75 caliber girls, and is quickly learning that top50-75 caliber girls aren't interested in places like Auburn right now.

We haven’t exactly put out a product worth top 50-75 girls yet.

On 6/2/2021 at 10:46 AM, AUJarhead said:

Hell they got a couple near that range a couple seasons back then had like half the team transfer after the postseason. Those kids talk to each other and I’m sure you have to wash that stench off

• Like 3

Have there been any girls visiting this week???

On 6/2/2021 at 10:46 AM, AUJarhead said:

I don't doubt that one bit.  However, there is enough talent in Georgia, Alabama and Florida outside the top 100 to build a competitive team capable of having a winning conference record. They, meaning Johnnie & her top assistants, know that.  As bad as it is right now, Auburn is still in a better position than was Ms State when Shaefer took over and built something special.

• Like 2