USMNT SOCCER

AUBwins

These last 30 minutes have just been chaos!!! Fights, red cards, yellow on Pulisic while leaving field?? Is it because he went back on pitch? Ref just calling everything now.  

The Turner save was fantastic, as was the Pepi goal to go up 3

2 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

These last 30 minutes have just been chaos!!! Fights, red cards, yellow on Pulisic while leaving field?? Is it because he went back on pitch? Ref just calling everything now.  

That ref failed, lost control and he knows it.

• Like 1

Well. That was entertaining 😆.  I was only aggravated it caused so many stoppages.  Best thing ref did was call the game in 7 minutes instead of the 12 stoppage lol

I am not knowledgeable to be deep into schemes with soccer franchises.  I know Gregg is a polarizing figure and a lot of people are not happy with him coming back and leading us to 2026 WC.  I kind of like that we will have a 2-WC run with the same coach for some consistency going into a Cup we are hosting.  He got his system in place and now let's make a true run.  But that is a very simplistic view from me.  Those with better knowledge will need to chime in with why this is so frowned upon.

A lot of people melted but I don't mind GGG coming back. I think tactically he's a good coach and is playing the long game well. Take Pepi for example. A lot if people bagged on him leaving him off of the WCF roster, but I think it was a good wake up call and in the long run will make him a better player.

With the addition of Balogun (who had a better game last night than most will give him credit for) this may be the most complete the US has ever been. 

I actually trust Gregg to manage it well. 

• Thanks 1

Speaking of Balogun, yeah. He didn't light up the stat sheet but if you watched closely he was driving Mexico's central defense nuts, and he did exactly what I expected with regard to taking pressure off of Puli. 

19 hours ago, AUDub said:

A lot of people melted but I don't mind GGG coming back. I think tactically he's a good coach and is playing the long game well. Take Pepi for example. A lot if people bagged on him leaving him off of the WCF roster, but I think it was a good wake up call and in the long run will make him a better player.

With the addition of Balogun (who had a better game last night than most will give him credit for) this may be the most complete the US has ever been. 

I actually trust Gregg to manage it well. 

Thanks. That was my thinking. He's played the long game, probably in prep for this WC. Obviously the goal was to compete in 22 cup, but 26 is the one to try and make serious noise. 

19 hours ago, AUDub said:

Speaking of Balogun, yeah. He didn't light up the stat sheet but if you watched closely he was driving Mexico's central defense nuts, and he did exactly what I expected with regard to taking pressure off of Puli. 

Resulted in 2 Puli goals.  He looked like club Puli out there.  That's such an important role and what has been a problem in the past few years.  People knew Puli was the threat and focused on roughing him up.  Glad we pulled him at the end of the Mexico game

47 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Resulted in 2 Puli goals.  He looked like club Puli out there.  That's such an important role and what has been a problem in the past few years.  People knew Puli was the threat and focused on roughing him up.  Glad we pulled him at the end of the Mexico game

I just hate that we lost Dest, who was absolutely filthy on the wings, and Weston. Puts us behind the 8 ball against Canada.

Probably see Scally in Dest's place. He's probably a better defender but not nearly as good offensively. But then again he is a Bundesliga player and has more experience against Davies than anyone else on the roster, and has played well against him in their matchups. If anyone can lock Davies up it's Scally. 

For Weston we're probably looking at Luca. Not quite an enforcer like Weston but a good distributing midfielder in his own right. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AUDub said:

I just hate that we lost Dest, who was absolutely filthy on the wings, and Weston. Puts us behind the 8 ball against Canada.

Probably see Scally in Dest's place. He's probably a better defender but not nearly as good offensively. But then again he is a Bundesliga player and has more experience against Davies than anyone else on the roster, and has played well against him in their matchups. If anyone can lock Davies up it's Scally. 

For Weston we're probably looking at Luca. Not quite an enforcer like Weston but a good distributing midfielder in his own right. 

The fact that we will have two players out because, of red cards and we have quality people to replace them shows how much US soccer has improved over the years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

The fact that we will have two players out because, of red cards and we have quality people to replace them shows how much US soccer has improved over the years.

With the benefit of hindsight, a lot of what we are today can be traced back to Klinnsman. Say what you will about the man but the current development path of practically all of our stars can be traced directly back to him and his methods. It's a shame that WCQ cycle spooked us so bad USSoccer went back to the "Bruce Arena comfort zone."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AUDub said:

With the benefit of hindsight, a lot of what we are today can be traced back to Klinnsman. Say what you will about the man but the current development path of practically all of our stars can be traced directly back to him and his methods. It's a shame that WCQ cycle spooked us so bad USSoccer went back to the "Bruce Arena comfort zone."

Agreed!

It's GAMEDAY! 

Let's show those poutine eating clowns a what a proper CONCACAF final. Looks like. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AUDub said:

Absolutely… Klinns deserves some scrutiny for his X’s and O’s And maybe even how he handled Donovan but he is the single person who demanded that the players go to Europe which ticked off the upper brass and mls.

The vast majority of our pool is non-domestic and waaay better technically than they used to be.  That is greatly influenced by klinns.

quite frankly Germany - if I recall - were in a bad spot pre klinnsman.  Then he changed the way they did things with their player pool.  He didn’t directly get the results but the next coach benefited from his fundamental changes.

ggg is not the guy to lead this group.  I’m not sure a European coach would know how to handle concacaf.  I was thinking a top tier conmebal coach could be technically sound but also navigate the crazy world of soccer over here.

Brendan rather than Luca, and Walker in place of an injured M-Rob. Scally at RB as expected. 

Got the paramount+ subscribed and ready to go tonight 😆 

Bold midfield. 

Wow Walker put a good crank on that lol. 

• Like 1

Oof Jedi lost contain. That could have been bad. 

There's Balogun with the touch 1v1. Very nice. 

Edited by AUDub

Overall nothing to complain about except for one lapse by Jedi. Everything going swimmingly. 

Aaronson isn't bringing much to the table though. Really think Luca will be on shortly. 

Gio is absolutely running the show tonight. 2 assists. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Gio is absolutely running the show tonight. 2 assists. 

I've been saying for a few years that Pulisic needs to be off the corners.  I'd much rather have him in a threat position.  My goodness we have found our set taker at corner in Gio. He's been fantastic.