Bo Nix: 3rd Team All SEC

W.E.D

I don't say this lightly but I think an eye to keep on as far as sec is Tennessee hb Dee Beckwith.

I think most here respect the things I say as far as football and please understand I'm full aware of what I'm saying. But he is literally the best athlete I have ever seen as far as in person. I played a bunch of basketball against a bunch of Auburn football AND basketball players. I had 3 cousins that played sec basketball. 

This kid had D1 sec offers in basketball and football. As far as football he could play QB, hb, tight end, wr, d end, linebacker both safety spots at a HIGH level. I don't know what his size is now but in high school he was 6'4 maybe 6'5" 210. The fact he's at running back sort of even tells you how different of an athlete he is. 

I thought he should have played a wish olb or safety and maybe change the way the position is played but somebody else convinced him offense. Oh the things Mason could probably turn him into in a 3-4 defense.....But yeah greatest athlete I've ever seen.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Interesting that Brahms is second team. I don't think I've ever seen a player so positively looked by the media and so negatively evaluated here. 

Even having two guys all sec on the o line is interesting in that regard.

Hamm was 2nd team coach's All-SEC last year.  Don't really understand why he is 3rd team this year.  

14 minutes ago, cole256 said:

You think he's going to be higher?

I think our defensive leaders were all hosed. But we'll see!

I way saying the coaches were high, like smoking weed, not that they were high on him.  I think Bo can get better, I don't see him being a top 3 QB in the SEC.

I agree with you.  There are a lot of good DBs in the SEC this year, but I think McCreary deserves 2nd team.  By the end of the year we'll have at least 1 DL on that list and either Owen or another DB.

6 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I way saying the coaches were high, like smoking weed, not that they were high on him.  I think Bo can get better, I don't see him being a top 3 QB in the SEC.

I agree with you.  There are a lot of good DBs in the SEC this year, but I think McCreary deserves 2nd team.  By the end of the year we'll have at least 1 DL on that list and either Owen or another DB.

Lol. I know what you meant I was just wondering what player and position was given that you didn't agree with.

Gotcha. 

I think Bo should get a top 3 just judging the guys he's going up against. Last year in the ole miss game thread I said Bo would be doing awesome if he played like Corral and everybody down voted my post and laughed at me. Now here we are and still if he has the talent of corral and could play like him he could fight for first team.

I don't think Bo has corral's arm talent certainly not strength of his arm but he's probably physically stronger so hopefully he'll be able to give him a run for his money. And Bo don't have to have our secondary at corral does, so that should help too

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Lol. I know what you meant I was just wondering what player and position was given that you didn't agree with.

Gotcha. 

I think Bo should get a top 3 just judging the guys he's going up against. Last year in the ole miss game thread I said Bo would be doing awesome if he played like Corral and everybody down voted my post and laughed at me. Now here we are and still if he has the talent of corral and could play like him he could fight for first team.

I don't think Bo has corral's arm talent certainly not strength of his arm but he's probably physically stronger so hopefully he'll be able to give him a run for his money. And Bo don't have to have our secondary at corral does, so that should help too

Corral has a much more QB friendly system last year than Bo. Should be about equal this year.

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Gotcha. 

I like Corral outside a million picks he throws at times.  I think the 1st two are correct.  It get's muddy at 3.  Lots of unknown QBs in the SEC.  

6 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Corral has a much more QB friendly system last year than Bo. Should be about equal this year.

That's sort of subjective, depends on what's being evaluated but besides that corral was much better with his QB mechanics and much better at the actual throwing of the football. He just have more natural arm talent

7 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I like Corral outside a million picks he throws at times.  I think the 1st two are correct.  It get's muddy at 3.  Lots of unknown QBs in the SEC.  

When Corral is on, he's about as good as they come. 

My man crush right there ladies and gentlemen.  Almost time to put on those pads in Jordan-Hare.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

No doubt at all that he's been in a more QB friendly system. We'll see what our offense looks like under Harsin. I'm sure it will be much more QB friendly than Gus' offense, but Lane's offense has to be one of the most QB friendly systems in the country. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

No doubt at all that he's been in a more QB friendly system. We'll see what our offense looks like under Harsin. I'm sure it will be much more QB friendly than Gus' offense, but Lane's offense has to be one of the most QB friendly systems in the country. 

So what does QB friendly mean to you guys?

9 minutes ago, cole256 said:

That's sort of subjective, depends on what's being evaluated but besides that corral was much better with his QB mechanics and much better at the actual throwing of the football. He just have more natural arm talent

IMO most everyone (except a few) would agree that Kiffin’s offense is a much better QB friendly system than Malzahn’s relative to stats that most would use to evaluate QB’s before the season begins.

Just now, Hank2020 said:

IMO most everyone (except a few) would agree that Kiffin’s offense is a much better QB friendly system than Malzahn’s relative to stats that most would use to evaluate QB’s before the season begins.

The few being....Gus and Kristi?

• Like 1

Just now, Barnacle said:

Are you wanting to debate whether Lane Kiffin's offense is more QB friendly than Gus Malzahn's?

I want to know what do you consider QB friendly. Are you saying more successful?  I'm wondering what do you mean when you say QB friendly? 

3 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I'm wondering what do you mean by that, because I think that subjective. I mean I would say ole miss offense is certainly better but there are things that Bo was allowed to do in his offense that is corral would have tried to do in his offense there would be 0 chance of being successful.

So if you are saying QB friendly simply means something like he was coached better then I agree to that

But many would say using pictures to call plays is very QB friendly as well and in that example Gus offense is QB friendly. It doesn't help the QB in the long run though. But NFL coaches and evaluators all considered Gus offense QB friendly because it was so simple and QB's were able to learn it quickly, once again if youconsider his offense a real offense

Thank God we can put all this to rest next week! Also, QB friendly is in the eye of the beholder. When we say that , are we talking offenses that doesn’t take an ounce of true effort to run or offenses that help polish a QBs into an acumen player? It could be a little of both. You look at Art Briles offensive system and he could almost throw anybody in there to be successful. But then I think of someone like Lane Kiffin and Hugh freeze who use scheme to give the QB the best available options.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Thank God we can put all this to rest next week!

I really look forward to see what kind of mashed up offense Bobo/Harsin show.

• Like 1

Just now, W.E.D said:

I really look forward to see what kind of mashed up offense Bobo/Harsin show.

I don’t think it will be nearly as simplified as we are accustomed too but I think it will be a lot more viable options. Execution will have to be had. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Thank God we can put all this to rest next week! Also, QB friendly is in the eye of the beholder. When we say that , are we talking offenses that doesn’t take an ounce of true effort to run or offenses that help polish a QBs into an acumen player? It could be a little of both. You look at Art Briles offensive system and he could almost throw anybody in there to be successful. But then I think of someone like Lane Kiffin and Hugh freeze who use scheme to give the QB the best available options.

Exactly. That's why I said it's subjective and pointed out how many people consider Gus offense QB friendly. 

So maybe if a baseline was established in how the term was being used that would clear up any misunderstanding before one is even started.

But like I said in another thread I just like talking football but it's hard to have convos on here these days.....

I'm more interested in seeing our defense fly around more than anything. I think our offense is going to look very plain. But I'm ready to see some live football

• Like 1

Just now, cole256 said:

Exactly. That's why I said it's subjective and pointed out how many people consider Gus offense QB friendly. 

So maybe if a baseline was established in how the term was being used that would clear up any misunderstanding before one is even started.

But like I said in another thread I just like talking football but it's hard to have convos on here these days.....

I am just excited for football to finally be back starting next week with Gus. I think Bobo offense will be QBs friendly in terms of acumen and options, but if you don’t have QB iq, I feel like you are going to be in a world of hurt.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I am just excited for football to finally be back starting next week with Gus. I think Bobo offense will be QBs friendly in terms of acumen and options, but if you don’t have QB iq, I feel like you are going to be in a world of hurt.

I think tank holds Bo's future in his hands to be honest. If he can keep Bo out of 3 rd and longs even if Bo's accuracy is still a liability most want be able to see it. But if the accuracy doesn't looked improved defenses are going to attack us aggressively and blitz the hell out of us. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I want to know what do you consider QB friendly. Are you saying more successful?  I'm wondering what do you mean when you say QB friendly? 

There are a lot of things that make an offense quarterback friendly. Mainly, it's putting your players in a position to be successful, so they have confidence in what they are doing without being so complex that it inhibits them from executing at a high level. A QB friendly system starts with a good scheme that they can execute out of a variety of formations. Someone did a great breakdown of Florida's offense vs. our defense in 2019. It revealed how Florida was running a handful of passing concepts over and over, while doing so out of different looks and formations. This allows your quarterback to remain comfortable, while keeping the defense uncomfortable. A QB friendly offense protects the quarterback. It protects him up front, and it protects him through outlet passes, hot reads, and check downs. A QB friendly system is adaptable to its player's strengths. Finally, it comes down to the play caller himself - his game planning, his play calling, and his ability to take advantage of matchups. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, auburnphan said:

most coaches don't even fill out the pre-season crap, some staffer does.  about the most worthless thing there is.

image.jpeg.411c01a5ae23579feed9ad8049c56b2f.jpeg

• Like 1