Great Online TV Guide for Football

homersapien

• homersapien changed the title to Great Online TV Guide for Football

17 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Man if Im not missing anything, us and Arky are the only SEC teams that you have to stream online. 

Hell, not having cable,  I have to stream the Auburn radio broadcast online. ;D

My hope is that someday you'll be able to buy online broadcasts of football games ala' cart. 

Until then, my only options are: 1) sports bars or 2) checking into a hotel, at least for the "big" games.  (My wife loves option #2 so much, I probably couldn't buy cable even if it were available.)

9 minutes ago, homersapien said:

My hope is that someday you'll be able to buy online broadcasts of football games ala' cart. 

Until then, my only options are: 1) sports bars or 2) checking into a hotel, at least for the "big" games.  (My wife loves option #2 so much, I probably couldn't buy cable even if it were available.)

We cut the cable and dish a few years back, went with Fire TV Stick/ Hulu.  Added the ESPN+ to it last week and will drop it after football season.  It's not bad but its a little sketchy at times due to slow internet speeds. 

28 minutes ago, SRBautigerfan said:

We cut the cable and dish a few years back, went with Fire TV Stick/ Hulu.  Added the ESPN+ to it last week and will drop it after football season.  It's not bad but its a little sketchy at times due to slow internet speeds. 

Well, I suppose that would solve my access problem (too many trees for satellite), but you're still left with subscribing to what is essentially a cable network in order to get sports (which costs extra). 

I don't want the network, just sports.

4 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Well, I suppose that would solve my access problem (too many trees for satellite), but you're still left with subscribing to what is essentially a cable network in order to get sports (which costs extra). 

How do you get internet at your home now? 

4 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I just cut cable then purchase the streaming services you want.  Sure I don't get animal planet and E!, but I get through it.  

1 hour ago, Howard Roark said:

I just cut cable then purchase the streaming services you want.  Sure I don't get animal planet and E!, but I get through it.  

Well, if I am understanding the Hulu offer (for example) it's $65.00/mo before adding the sports package.

To me, that's the equivalent of subscribing to a cable network.

FWIW, I get my TV from over-the-air broadcasts using a rotator antenna.  That gives me all the major stations plus 4 channels of PBS plus a lot more free entertainment channels.  Bottom line, I get all the (free) TV I have time for.

Edited by homersapien

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

Well, if I am understanding the Hulu offer (for example) it's $65.00/mo before adding the sports package.

To me, that's the equivalent of subscribing to a cable network.

(FWIW, I get my TV from over-the-air broadcasts using a rotator antenna.  That gives me all the major stations plus 4 channels of PBS plus a lot more free entertainment channels.  Bottom line, I get all the (free) TV I have time for.)

Gotcha.  You can skip HULU and pay for ESPN+ by itself for about $7 a month.  

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Just pirate a stream?

1 minute ago, Howard Roark said:

Gotcha.  You can skip HULU and pay for ESPN+ by itself for about $7 a month.  

How? 

Don't you have to sign up and check in with a network provider to do this?

13 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Yea not ideal but wanted to see some Auburn football again after a three year absence.  I'll drop it after Auburn's season is over.

• Like 1

Just now, AUGunsmith said:

Just pirate a stream?

First, I am not a techie or even very technically proficient.  Do you mean using someone else's network password?

So if I get a stick for my non internet tv will I be able to get ESPN+\secnetwork+ using my cable provider login  and stream for free ?

3 minutes ago, homersapien said:

First, I am not a techie or even very technically proficient.  Do you mean using someone else's network password?

Use brave browser and you'll have no adds, no tracking, nothing bad at all

1 minute ago, AUGunsmith said:

You can get any game any time any sport. 

I've never seen a sporting event not on there. 

Holy cow!  This sounds too good to be true.  You are my hero. :kiss3:

• Love 1