My Watch Has Ended

Zeek

We just aren’t a really talented team. And I’ve lost faith in this staff being able to fix this. This staff says all the right things, but the results on the field are that of a team that isn’t well coached. Bo doesn’t look any better, and TJ looked pretty lost up until the last drive. Our lines are literally on the exact same level. We got pushed around by GA ST. They should have beaten us today. I can take that close loss at Penn St. But to rebound with what we saw today. Sheesh. If we go to Baton Rouge and win next week, I’ll feel a lot better about where this team is heading. But as of now. This staff has only proven that they can talk a good game.

6 hours ago, Zeek said:

I'm tired. I fought hard. Really I believed down until the end.

I am done with Bo Nix and I think the change had to be made.

Was TJ great? No. He had a good number of over throws and a pass or two that looked very turnover-able. But his connection with guys like Capers and Canion brought a different element to the passing game. He has more velocity on the ball and his decision making was largely sound. We lose some mobility with him for sure (his acceleration isn't great but when he gets up to speed he's decent).

Maybe the team needed something new? Maybe there's more behind the scenes? Maybe it was just this game and Harsin proved a point and we see Bo better off for it moving forward.

I don't know but I'm just glad to have a coach who was willing to make the change.

God bless special teams. They absolutely saved us today and the defense adjusted well in the second half. Whatever we're doing in the red zone on defense ain't it though.

Neither the Offense nor the Defense had ANY effort at all in the entire 1st Half...it was pitiful. They looked like a high school team playing a college team, until they got their butts chewed out at halftime. The Defense came alive and of course it didn't hurt to get one of 2 starting linebackers back from last week's bogus "targeting" call. And of course both Tank and Worm were tentative in every which way possible. I hope the injuries heal completely this week so we can play some football. At times last weekend against PSU, we looked on both O and D, but could not focus when a play was absolutely critical. Today, there was Zero effort and lack of focus until the halftime wakeup call.

2 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

We just aren’t a really talented team. And I’ve lost faith in this staff being able to fix this. This staff says all the right things, but the results on the field are that of a team that isn’t well coached. Bo doesn’t look any better, and TJ looked pretty lost up until the last drive. Our lines are literally on the exact same level. We got pushed around by GA ST. They should have beaten us today. I can take that close loss at Penn St. But to rebound with what we saw today. Sheesh. If we go to Baton Rouge and win next week, I’ll feel a lot better about where this team is heading. But as of now. This staff has only proven that they can talk a good game.

The team was fairly motivated and had effort last week, for the most part. But today, they were sleep walking.

17 minutes ago, au701948 said:

Neither the Offense nor the Defense had ANY effort at all in the entire 1st Half...it was pitiful. They looked like a high school team playing a college team, until they got their butts chewed out at halftime.

The difference I have noticed the most with the coaching staff this year compared to the most recent staff is that they seem to at least make halftime adjustments.  The lack of adjustments is what drove me crazy in the Gus era.  The team seemed to come out with the exact same game plan in the second half as the first.  Now, if they struggle the first half, they get their butts chewed out, the coordinator's and other coaches get lectured, and they try to tweak things until they find some successes in the second half.

15 minutes ago, Yates1876 said:

The difference I have noticed the most with the coaching staff this year compared to the most recent staff is that they seem to at least make halftime adjustments.  The lack of adjustments is what drove me crazy in the Gus era.  The team seemed to come out with the exact same game plan in the second half as the first.  Now, if they struggle the first half, they get their butts chewed out, the coordinator's and other coaches get lectured, and they try to tweak things until they find some successes in the second half.

Our defenders said after the game that Mason "Didn't change a thing.  We just executed better."

11 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

A spread option offense against a newly installed zone defense without the unit leaders is a recipe for 290 yards rushing in the first half 

Good post. When we started going man-to-man coverage GSU's offense stalled. At least that's what I observed.

• Like 1

My thing is, I want to make sure that you are the same person. Your stubbornness to stay positive is always needed and valuable.

You leave the other side to me 😂

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Zeek said:

I bent over backwards to give him the benefit of the doubt.  

But, on his first pass attempt to Kobe, he sailed this uncatchable duck into the GAST sidelines, nowhere near inbounds.  

For some reason, that was the last straw after 2+ years.  I finally had to step off the Bo wagon.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

If I’m Harsin right after the game ended I carry the players to the practice field. I run 1s on 1s scrimmage until someone goes to the hospital. Then I run the staff until someone resigns . Garbage game. Awful everything, just plain pathetic football.. 

glad to get a win . 

That actually made me laugh :lol: 

17 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

That move took a huge set of stones. Gained my respect.

My opinion of him went up seeing Nix be pulled, always liked Spurrier pulling even Heisman winners if they were struggling, or having an off game.

17 hours ago, Zeek said:

I am done with Bo Nix and I think the change had to be made.

Was TJ great? No. He had a good number of over throws and a pass or two that looked very turnover-able. But his connection with guys like Capers and Canion brought a different element to the passing game. He has more velocity on the ball and his decision making was largely sound. We lose some mobility with him for sure (his acceleration isn't great but when he gets up to speed he's decent).

Maybe the team needed something new? Maybe there's more behind the scenes? Maybe it was just this game and Harsin proved a point and we see Bo better off for it moving forward.

I don't know but I'm just glad to have a coach who was willing to make the change.

God bless special teams. They absolutely saved us today and the defense adjusted well in the second half. Whatever we're doing in the red zone on defense ain't it though.

I feel like some of you (not specifically you OP) are just now feeling and understanding how terrible Gus the head coach was for us.  He did a terrible job at roster management.  QB room is embarrassing.  OL/DL recruiting should have got him fired years ago.  Yesterday was years in the making.