Bo Nix talks about being benched

Barnacle

19 minutes ago, gctiger said:

FWIW - Former AU OL Tracey Turner said on local sports radio that Bo Nix hurt his shoulder against PSU.  That may explain a lot!  Overthrowing receivers by a mile when completion stats were pretty decent after 3 games, no QB runs against GSU.  

Said Finley will start against LSU because he has too!

I was listening to some of the game on the radio and they mentioned Bo was dealing with a lingering shoulder problem and was sailing some of his throws in pre game as well. 

• Like 2

On 9/27/2021 at 11:27 AM, Barnacle said:

My takeaway. I admire Nix for a lot of reasons, his work ethic, his effort, his competitiveness. 

However, at least in interviews, he seems to have a blind spot for his own level of play. I'm not expecting him to self denigrate, but in order for him to be better, he has to know that he has to be better. Whether this interview is indicative of a lack of self awareness, I don't know, but this has been a pattern over the years that I've noticed. 

You nailed it and it’s Bo’s biggest problem . He always considers he is the best on the field so folks should accept his play no matter what. That’s why I have said before the best thing a coach can do in a spot like this is bench the guy and hope he realizes we can all be better everyday and we should always work to improve ourself. I can bet you not a day goes by that Tom Brady isn’t watching film and figuring out how to get better and he is already better than anyone else. That’s what winners are made of, people who never accept where they are without trying to improve theirselves . 🦅