Bo Nix talks about being benched

Barnacle

22 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

most people that strive to be the best have huge ego's and frankly you have to in this day and time because people will eat your lunch. the same with musicians. you have a bad night you have to have the stones to get back out there and do it again. i think bo thinks he has enough tools to win and he wants a chance to get back out there and prove it again. bo needed to sit. maybe he improves. if harsin is one of those that will not let a player lose a starting job if they get hurt then bo will be qb saturday. and this is the reason i think bo will start. me? tj deserves a chance to start.

I completely agree. He needs to sit. Maybe be better for it. But TJ outplayed Bo last Saturday in limited action. We'll see this week. 

• Like 1

On 9/27/2021 at 11:28 AM, Zeek said:

Come on now. There's no way reading this entire thing that Bo comes off as anything other than a stand-up guy. He's not going to come out and say "yeah I was playing like s*** and needed to be benched." He got dinged up a little and TJ took that opportunity to thrive.

Sorry, but players, especially those that are true leaders, admit that all the time if that's the case. It's hardly nit-picking to read that interview and not be surprised that Bo couldn't even acknowledge his shortcomings. If Bo thinks he played "good" against that terrible team, and it is an absolutely terrible team, it doesn't take much for him to be satisfied with his play.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

Sorry, but players, especially those that are true leaders, admit that all the time if that's the case. It's hardly nit-picking to read that interview and not be surprised that Bo couldn't even acknowledge his shortcomings. If Bo thinks he played "good" against that terrible team, and it is an absolutely terrible team, it doesn't take much for him to be satisfied with his play.

I would almost argue most leaders and prime time players are always taking responsibility and saying how much they need to get better. I saw Tom Brady, the goat, do this recently in his week 2 victory. He had a damn good game and the reporters were absolutely showering him and he was like “yeah but I got a lot more improvement to make. We feel as a team we left some stuff out there that we shouldn’t have and we can be better.” I am paraphrasing but contentment is never a good thing in competition , especially when you are playing bad 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

I would almost argue most leaders and prime time players are always taking responsibility and saying how much they need to get better. I saw Tom Brady, the goat, do this recently in his week 2 victory. He had a damn good game and the reporters were absolutely showering him and he was like “yeah but I got a lot more improvement to make. We feel as a team we left some stuff out there that we shouldn’t have and we can be better.” I am paraphrasing but contentment is never a good thing in competition , especially when you are playing bad 

During SEC media days he said something similar as far as he's playing well.. Let's get the completion rate to at least 60 before doing that. And I think I also said I guess that means he doesn't dwell on bad plays so maybe it can be flipped to a positive

• Like 1

1 hour ago, boisnumber1 said:

Agree , Bo made many mistakes (extremely poor showing) last Saturday and he made another in this interview. TJ has clearly won the right to start this Saturday IMO. Unless there is something in the game plan that goes completely against TJ’s best skills he should start.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, woodford said:

DD needs to be on deck imo

No he doesn’t. Part of Bo’s problem is that he was thrown to he wolves too soon and didn’t have time to properly develop/study the game at the collegiate level. I think DD will be a strong contender to start next season though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

No he doesn’t. Part of Bo’s problem is that he was thrown to he wolves too soon and didn’t have time to properly develop/study the game at the collegiate level. I think DD will be a strong contender to start next season though. 

Bo’s biggest problem was that he was “developed” by someone who is the opposite of a QB whisperer. 

2 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

So DD doesn't pass him because it wouldn't be fair?

4 hours ago, cole256 said:

During SEC media days he said something similar as far as he's playing well.. Let's get the completion rate to at least 60 before doing that. And I think I also said I guess that means he doesn't dwell on bad plays so maybe it can be flipped to a positive

His completion rate is 60%. He also has been excellent in protecting the football this year.

Capture+_2021-09-27-08-42-10~2.png

• Facepalm 1

10 minutes ago, The SandMntTiger said:

His completion rate is 60%. He also has been excellent in protecting the football this year.

Yeah man he's been playing excellent! And I was talking about how I felt during SEC media days....

Edited by cole256
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, The SandMntTiger said:

Pretty massive outlier floating that percentage. No reason to believe he sustains it.

On 9/27/2021 at 2:15 PM, CoffeeTiger said:

I think this is an interesting perspective. Like most others on here, I'm surprised to hear Nix thinks his performance on Saturday was "good" and "the best he could do", but it;s certainly possible he just doesn't want to say anything negative or possibly inferred as negative so he's intentionally going with a "everything and everyone is doing great" type of interview. 

Sounds like he is Gustifying his performance.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, The SandMntTiger said:

Against 3 horrible teams out of 4. That % is bad considering the schedule. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, The SandMntTiger said:

He's completing 59% for his career

Yes, exactly.

20 minutes ago, The SandMntTiger said:

But that TJ 56% against GSU and the scrubs of Akron, ASU is 🔥 tho. 

Ah. You're here to do that. Enjoy.

• Haha 1

I don’t think I’ve ever been as pissed or put off by an athlete’s words than I was when I heard Bo say he thought he played good.  That’s just disgusting.  The students boo’d him off the field several times and then chanted “we want TJ” all in unison…not a small group of them, but literally the entire student body.  For him to think his play is acceptable is beyond absurd.

Edited by muxi87

2 hours ago, The SandMntTiger said:

But that TJ 56% against GSU and the scrubs of Akron, ASU is 🔥 tho. 

I never said anything about TJ. You are the one that put up Bo's stats up as if they were something worth looking at. You seem to be a real smart one.

FWIW - Former AU OL Tracey Turner said on local sports radio that Bo Nix hurt his shoulder against PSU.  That may explain a lot!  Overthrowing receivers by a mile when completion stats were pretty decent after 3 games, no QB runs against GSU.  

Said Finley will start against LSU because he has too!

Edited by gctiger

2 minutes ago, gctiger said:

FWIW - Former AU OL Tracey Turner said on local sports radio that Bo Nix hurt his shoulder against PSU.  That may explain a lot!  Overthrowing receivers by a mile when completion stats were pretty decent after 3 games, no QB runs against GSU.  

Said Finley will start against LSU because he has too!

So what excuse are we using for the other missed passes over the last 2+ years?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

So what excuse are we using for the other missed passes over the last 2+ years?

I’m not using any excuses.  Just stating the facts as I know them. If you don’t like it then feel free to ignore it.