That was not a 17 Point Loss

AUght2win

2 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Trying to look on the bright side. The score was not indicative of that game. We allowed 0 offensive touchdowns. Just couldn't get anything going against a stellar defense and team that has found their footing. 

This loss is understandable and almost expected. But a real indicator of how good Harsin is will be how well we play against an atypical schemed Mississippi State on an early kick. 

The decider will be preparation and focus. We have the better team. But can we rebound, refocus, and adjust to win the type of game teams usually sleepwalk through to a loss? 

I'd say the game next week is huge, but they're all huge from here on out with what the Chickens are doing to Cousin Eddie.

Edited by AUwent

1 minute ago, keesler said:

Someone posted in another thread that Auburn hasn’t scored a TD in 6 quarters.  It’s hard to find a bright side for an ineffective offense that just cost us a winnable game.

It is called being rational minded. The bright side is the season is not over and the sun still comes up. Texas A&M was going to be a dog fight. We now play Mississippi State back at home and we have a chance to respond and redeem ourselves. Good gracious. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, keesler said:

Someone posted in another thread that Auburn hasn’t scored a TD in 6 quarters.  It’s hard to find a bright side for an ineffective offense that just cost us a winnable game.

At least we've been conditioned to it...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

21 minutes ago, keesler said:

The Ole Miss 2nd half is more concerning than this. Texas A&M has one of the best defensive units in the country. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, DAG said:

It is called being rational minded. The bright side is the season is not over and the sun still comes up. Texas A&M was going to be a dog fight. We now play Mississippi State back at home and we have a chance to respond and redeem ourselves. Good gracious. 

After a loss I have a hard time finding the bright side when I expect a well seasoned SEC OC and an offensive minded HC to make an effort to adjust the offense during the game.  Am I irrational to feel that way?  I think it’s a rational thought and after what I just watched, it’s justified.  

• Like 1
  • Dislike 3

3 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

The Ole Miss 2nd half is more concerning than this. Texas A&M has one of the best defensive units in the country. 

Well aTm’s defense started feasting when they began to shake Bo to his core.  They ampted up the pressure and fed of each other.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yeah you are irrational when you don't take the collective season into account, IMO. If you want to be responsive, a judge the coaching staff off of this game and .5 of the other. Again, when we were winning, you guys were preaching to the heavens and you were one of the main ones running with a two loss Auburn team making the playoffs. Once again, getting way ahead of the curve and not based in reality. This was going to be a season of uncertainty and learning curves for everyone. Did people forget that all of a sudden? So the bright side is, we still have three games left. We have a chance to learn from our mistakes and win next week. Hopefully we can get two victories heading into Tuscaloosa. There is still quite a bit of season left for this staff to hit the expectations everyone was predicting in the off-season.

What??? A rationally reasoned, well thought out post? Somebody cue Rod Serling please...

😬

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, keesler said:

After a loss I have a hard time finding the bright side when I expect a well seasoned SEC OC and an offensive minded HC to make an effort to adjust the offense during the game.  Am I irrational to feel that way?  I think it’s a rational thought and after what I just watched, it’s justified.  

Reasonable to expect we wouldnt completely light them up considering they are really good on d. Also completely reasonable to expect more than 3 freaking points. You wont win many with that type performance. 

When Koby Hudson dropped the first pass of the game it spread to others and it prevented us to set up any rhythm....not going to 'point fingers' but our offense needs rhythm to be effective....Council not playing hurt a bit too...

4 minutes ago, tigerman1186 said:

When Koby Hudson dropped the first pass of the game it spread to others and it prevented us to set up any rhythm....not going to 'point fingers' but our offense needs rhythm to be effective....Council not playing hurt a bit too...

Well part of that is growing pains as well too. We can get away with that against teams on our level or below. But excellent teams, every catch, first down, point matters. This game was 3-3 going into half and 9-3 heading into the fourth. So missing on the little things will hurt. It shows that, despite what some were thinking, we still have a ways to go to be a playoff contending team, but I still consider us a good team!

• Like 7

43 minutes ago, keesler said:

It's irrational to pretend this team is supposed to be competing for championships. We are ahead of schedule right now. But no amount of coaching is going to fix our lack of receiver skill (drops, no separation) and O-line talent. They've done what they can with Bo but he is still Bo. 

I'm much more concerned about the next two. We should win them both setting up an 8-3 Auburn team vs. a very beatable Alabama at home. 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

It's irrational to pretend this team is supposed to be competing for championships. We are ahead of schedule right now. But no amount of coaching is going to fix our lack of receiver skill (drops, no separation) and O-line talent. They've done what they can with Bo but he is still Bo. 

I'm much more concerned about the next two. We should win them both setting up an 8-3 Auburn team vs. a very beatable Alabama at home. 

I think we should be quite pleased with an 8-4 season. Currently I see neither of those two as anywhere near certain with how good USCe looked tonight.

Edited by AUwent

54 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Rodgers (Miss. State QB) threw for 408 yards against this stout A&M defense.

5 minutes ago, murpjf88 said:

Mississippi State also has the #1 passing offense in the conference for a reason. They average close to 400 yards passing per game

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, murpjf88 said:

We'd better take MSU very seriously, BUT that was very clearly a different A&M team. They got handled by an Arky team that we beat by double digits.

• Like 1

I am not overly concerned about this game. I Think that we have already achieved good things this season! The coaching staff is trying to make chicken salad out of chicken sh@& left by the last coaching staff.

I am concerned about recruiting. It is obvious that when we play the really good defensive teams, we struggle. We need talent. 

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

We simply do not have an O line that can hold up against a good defense.  No holes for Tank to run through plus heavy pressure on Bo equals no offense for Auburn.  UGA was the best defense we have played.  A&M was the second best.  A total of 10 points in 8 quarters against those two teams.  In both cases our O line was totally overwhelmed.  It ain’t rocket science. You get beat up front you are beat on the scoreboard.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, murpjf88 said:

That was also before A&M clearly found their footing as a team.