Hear what Bryan Harsin had to say following Auburn's 43-34 loss to Mississippi State

aubiefifty

37 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Did it start with “ And that’s me, I bet your wondering how I got into this mess”  

Hope we don’t give him 8 years like we did our last coach. Lots needs to change 

Even more disappointing. He sounds like this was a hard fought game where we got out executed, totally disregarding how his team could blow a 25 point lead at home.

Just now, TeganInbama said:

Meh, this is just karma from Georgia State. Officials won us that game. Deep down we all know it

Football gods demanded payment 

Another dumbass post. Everyone will put you on ignore. Obvious troll loser.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I will just say this is why I didn’t like the hire because he is similar to Gus. U cant look at a win percentage that was built off of Mountain West wins. Peterson left him tons of talent all he had to do was not screw it up. Now fast forward to the SEC where u are in the middle of the pack and everything game matters recruiting matters and all things Auburn matters. Gus had a slight advantage because he was familiar and some those players he help recruit. Also under Gus the odds years were pretty good.
Harsin has his work cut out for him. Auburn has hit history lows in back to back weeks. The crazy part BO has shown improvement and the team has shown mental toughness. Unfortunately the boneheaded stuff has completely diminished all the good things accomplished. The question is will year two be better with all the unknowns.  Everyone stay safe. Even though most of us are stilled pissed . The sun will rise tomorrow. War Eagle!!

Edited by e808
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, e808 said:

I will just say this is why I didn’t like the hire because he is similar to Gus. U cant look at a win percentage that was built off of Mountain West wins. Peterson let him tons of talent all he had to do was not screw it up. Now fast forward to the SEC where u are in the middle of the pack and everything game matters recruiting matters and all things Auburn matters. Gus had a slight advantage because he was familiar and some those players he help recruit. Also under Gus the odds years were pretty good.
Harsin has his work cut out for him. Auburn has hit history lows in back to back weeks. The crazy part BO has shown improvement and the team has shown mental toughness. Unfortunately the boneheaded stuff has completely diminished all the good things accomplished. The question is will year two be better with all the unknowns.  Everyone stay safe. Even though most of us are stilled pissed . The sun will rise tomorrow. War Eagle!!

Hell man, no one else would take it with our cluster F of a meddling trustees

4 minutes ago, lala said:

If that’s the case why not give Gus another year. After all it was an all SEC schedule in a COVID year. Maybe he rights the ship. He normally does well in a odd year. Oh well all we can do is hope Coach Harsin can right ship. Recruiting gonna play a big part in that.

• Dislike 1

32 minutes ago, e808 said:

If that’s the case why not give Gus another year. After all it was an all SEC schedule in a COVID year. Maybe he rights the ship. He normally does well in a odd year. Oh well all we can do is hope Coach Harsin can right ship. Recruiting gonna play a big part in that.

Gus did all he was going to do. The poor o-line and d-line we have is because of Gus's recruiting, and he wasn't targeting OL in recruiting his last few years. Things were only going to get worse or stay the same with Gus. Might as well try a new coach.

I was hoping to hear I'd like "we'd like to thank Mr. Mason for his time here, and I wish him the best of luck in the future" in this video. Mason was pretty good this year, but a historically bad collapse like this isn't forgivable. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, hutchids said:

Gus did all he was going to do. The poor o-line and d-line we have is because of Gus's recruiting, and he wasn't targeting OL in recruiting his last few years. Things were only going to get worse or stay the same with Gus. Might as well try a new coach.

I was hoping to hear I'd like "we'd like to thank Mr. Mason for his time here, and I wish him the best of luck in the future" in this video. Mason was pretty good this year, but a historically bad collapse like this isn't forgivable. 

With two or possibly three games left might as well ride it out. Especially if BO can’t . Use these games for data to properly evaluate when the season is over 

It’s rare to see both coordinators fail miserably in one game.  While Mason’s 2nd half adjustments were abysmal, bobo called plays like he wanted to get fired in the 4th quarter.  What in the hell is going on w/ this team?

• Like 3

Next we'll be hearing..."we had a great week of practice...".I'll always support the Tigers and I know they're all disappointed...let's hope  that can put it together for next week....but it would be nice to see some of the 'red-shirt' players get some plays in the next 2 weeks...

• Haha 1

I felt like things were circling the drain during the last half of the Ole Miss game.  It might be an inaccurate read, but it feels like things have now gone through the P-trap.  I HAVE to be wrong, but with the current recruiting class I don’t see how this is recoverable unless Harsin can get a lot of quality out of the transfer portal.  

2 hours ago, e808 said:

No bro. Gus had 8 years to right the ship my man. He is barely making it at UCF right now. Still give CBH a chance but Gus had all the chances in the world 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

You guys know that Saban lost to Lousiana-Monroe his first year, right? Kirby lost 5 games his first year. You can’t change a culture over night. Give the guy another year to get his players and system in place. 

4 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

You guys know that Saban lost to Lousiana-Monroe his first year, right? Kirby lost 5 games his first year. You can’t change a culture over night. Give the guy another year to get his players and system in place. 

Eh but both Saban and Kirby were recruiting like gangbusters, top 5 classes I believe and they just keep racking them up. I understand recruiting rankings are not the end all be all but right now I'm pretty concerned about our recruiting numbers. Both Saban and Kirby had talent coming in so even with the loses you could see they were building something, right now it's hard at least for me to see what Harsin is building.... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, bishoptf said:

Eh but both Saban and Kirby were recruiting like gangbusters, top 5 classes I believe and they just keep racking them up. I understand recruiting rankings are not the end all be all but right now I'm pretty concerned about our recruiting numbers. Both Saban and Kirby had talent coming in so even with the loses you could see they were building something, right now it's hard at least for me to see what Harsin is building.... 

I understand that, but I’m trying to give Harsin until February to see what he actually brings in. I agree that he doesn’t appear to be much of a recruiter right now, but I’m willing to wait and see what he can do - especially in 2023 when we have our football facility. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CameronCrazy said:

This has been the most overstated thing on the board. Alabama was in complete disarray. They were going through coaches like a hot knife through butter and Sabans team never blew a 25 point lead. People knew help was on the way because the class was already secured.

Just now, CameronCrazy said:

I understand that, but I’m trying to give Harsin until February to see what he actually brings in. I agree that he doesn’t appear to be much of a recruiter right now, but I’m willing to wait and see what he can do - especially in 2023 when we have our football facility. 

Yeah I am too, I hope things turn around, I want to see Auburn in the mix again which we haven't been for some time, already suffering from lack of OL talent. I hope he gets things going in a positive way with recruiting and assistant coaches but saturdays game was pretty demoralizing to watch and makes you wonder whats next.  I want nothing but the best for AU, just hoping its sooner than later. :)

On 11/13/2021 at 7:00 PM, lala said:

Harsin was Green's hire.  They were best friends after meeting in New York. I wish the trustees had set boundaries for hiring the coach but again they allowed another nepotism hire.  

47 minutes ago, Carnell said:

Harsin was Green's hire.  They were best friends after meeting in New York. I wish the trustees had set boundaries for hiring the coach but again they allowed another nepotism hire.  

Do you know what "nepotism" means? 

• Haha 1

Bama and Georgia both came in a started going to town on Oline, Dline, and LBs. Wrs have also been huge. They GET big time QBs now but they’ve been plug and play since the rest of the team is solid enough to pick up slack for mediocre QB play most of the time.