Been a while my thoughts

austudnt23

3 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Coaching is the reason.

Yeah, that same coach who never did anything in the following 7 years and decimated our roster with sub-par SEC talent.

Good lord the Gus apologists are an interesting breed 

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Reese was absolutely better. I just feel if everybody in the SEC is saying the guy is good then....I mean I know people are over hyped all the time but you don't really see first team all conference be complete trash players. That's all I'm saying as far as that. I know he's not a world beater or anything

That was media days and I'm pretty sure he was the only returning OC in the league.  We'll see where he ends up end of year, I'd suspect it isn't 1st team.

He's probably gotten serviceable.  It could get much worse, especially since we apparently have no one that can beat him out.

To the rest the fabs matter i promise we need yall and i am one of yall im not a rich million dollar donor. I just had family members that held high spots here. Know alot if former well most since Bowden left and know the current staff. Idw to come on here and create controversy. I just want AU where they should be.

• Like 1

Gus turned mediocre and we got a mediocre. 

And clearly a direct result of his mediocrity is what we have left on our current roster.

Take your own advice, 👇👇👇👇👇

I mean if yall cant really see that idk what to tell you.

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Yeah, that same coach who never did anything in the following 7 years and decimated our roster with sub-par SEC talent.

Good lord the Gus apologists are an interesting breed 

Are you two guys friends? On well Harsin didnt have and wont have a 2013 which was gus first year. He came in set rhe college football worle on fire and changed philosophies on speed per play among othets after nick left. So  we will give gis credit. I was saying i wanted Gus gone i mean like i said we fired mediocre and hired mediocre.

Facts Bo Nix if and it isnt possible rn but it could be soon LK comes will be a heisman contender. Tank will be an All American. The oline will have weaknesses hidden by Kiffen motioning faster snaps etc. The wr core will look like a new room. 

Ik its hard to come out and say it but lets ve selfish about Auburn football rn. Its our as our i mean university fans players team. Coaches come and go we stay.

4 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Are you two guys friends? On well Harsin didnt have and wont have a 2013 which was gus first year. He came in set rhe college football worle on fire and changed philosophies on speed per play among othets after nick left. So  we will give gis credit. I was saying i wanted Gus gone i mean like i said we fired mediocre and hired mediocre.

year 1 isn't enough to tell if we've got mediocre.  You have to give him time.  There are legit criticism of Harsin, but that's not what you're doing

3 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i will not be disrespected without saying something. i do not mind if someone proves me wrong but if you call me an idiot or anything slanderous i will speak up. it is very simple. cole has run his mouth plenty about me and done it many times. he knows this and if you have been here a couple of years you should as well. i see you defend yourself so why can i not? ask around about your buddy to people that will tell the truth. his behavior was part of the reason titan came down on folks.

No one even addressed you tho.  @cole256 was talking to someone else.  Him posting and you calling it "running his mouth" just seems like a massive reach and you're just attempting to police the board.

Then you take it personally when someone talks back to you.  It's just weird.

I've never defended myself here.  I just have intelligent discussions that are always perfect ✌️ 

I will say this CBH should have more time but the scary part is we are seeing some screw ups that are concerning. If that continues it won’t matter if he has his players or not. Everything will be based on the coaching good or bad. 

6 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Do yall remember Bama and how there fans demanded Saban after Rich Rod thing? AU fans are more powerful imo.

I don't think everybody views lk in the regard that you do homie

1 minute ago, e808 said:

I will say this CBH should have more time but the scary part is we are seeing some screw ups that are concerning. If that continues it won’t matter if he has his players or not. Everything will be based on the coaching good or bad. 

We have to recruit better next year.  Everyone can talk about player development and culture, but you need to top talent that has a much higher % change of developing and has a real high ceiling.  OL is especially concerning.  So is DL/Edge.

• Like 1

Gus left a roster that isn't close to being good enough to play with top SEC programs. That being said, I've seen nothing from Harsin and this staff recruiting wise that makes me think they are the answer. AU is staring at the 2nd consecutive sub-par recruiting class. The whole "we'll just get em in the portal" answer reminds me of Gus using the JUCO and grad transfer market to cover for a lack of signing top-end HS talent(at needed positions especially). Maybe things pick up in '23 but that looks iffy thus far.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CR said:

Gus left a roster that isn't close to being good enough to play with top SEC programs. That being said, I've seen nothing from Harsin and this staff recruiting wise that makes me think they are the answer. AU is staring at the 2nd consecutive sub-par recruiting class. The whole "we'll just get em in the portal" answer reminds me of Gus using the JUCO and grad transfer market to cover for a lack of signing top-end HS talent(at needed positions especially). Maybe things pick up in '23 but that looks iffy thus far.

folks supposedly in the know....well some......say they have commits that have been done privately and we will be pleased when signing day comes. i hope this is true.

3 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

folks supposedly in the know....well some......say they have commits that have been done privately and we will be pleased when signing day comes. i hope this is true.

Hopefully that is the case.

4 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

And if that's the case then job well done by staff, will give them credit.

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

I've heard this as well and hope it is true. What concerns me is how many current commits for Auburn have made this same promise to other schools. It just doesn't make sense to me why a athlete would want to privately commit to a school especially a top tier one as people are implying when they say we will be pleased instead of using their hype to help boost the team rankings and bring in others

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

and? i do not think you were here in his glory days but he popped off to me one too many times so if he tells a lie or belittle another person i will call him on it. he enjoyed belittling folks. and good for you for being perfect.

"Popped off"

11 minutes ago, CR said:

The 23 class has to be better. The excuses of him being unknown or no relationships is over for our next class. I'd like to see how we close before freaking out. I feel the ground work for 23 has been laid pretty well.

Let's see how it plays out before jumping ship

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

The 23 class has to be better. The excuses of him being unknown or no relationships is over for our next class. I'd like to see how we close before freaking out. I feel the ground work for 23 has been laid pretty well.

Let's see how it plays out before jumping ship

I literally haven't followed recruiting this year and refuse to look to see where we are at because I've been seeing people say stuff and I'm literally scared to see where we are at 😂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Mcbowen327 said:

I've heard this as well and hope it is true. What concerns me is how many current commits for Auburn have made this same promise to other schools. It just doesn't make sense to me why a athlete would want to privately commit to a school especially a top tier one as people are implying when they say we will be pleased instead of using their hype to help boost the team rankings and bring in others

some schools will not wine and dine you and let you visit if you are commited to another school. some will as well so this is what i am thinking.

13 minutes ago, AUwent said:

And if that's the case then job well done by staff, will give them credit.

i am hoping that is the case. but i am willing to give harsin a chance. but if we snatch the head coaching job from him without giving him a fair chance we will be a laughing stock.

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

i am hoping that is the case. but i am willing to give harsin a chance. but if we snatch the head coaching job from him without giving him a fair chance we will be a laughing stock.

I'm just wondering (to establish your view, no snark meant!)--what would you consider to be a fair chance?

Edited by AUwent