Thoughts on the Recent Q&A Session For Candidates for North Alabama's 5th Congressional District Republican Primary.

CoffeeTiger

Here's a link to the Q&A for all the candidates vying to Replace Mo Brooks in North Alabama's 5th congressional seat for the House.

https://www.al.com/news/2022/01/make-trump-speaker-of-house-north-alabama-congressional-candidates-say.html 

Just wanted to give some of my thoughts and observations on what was said and proposed. 

1. A lot of talk about how to help big businesses and how to screw over regular workers. A lot of talk about how unemployment, rent assistance, and gov. assistance in general needs to be paired back and several of the candidates were REALLY angry (one said it boils his blood) that wages are increasing and that some restaurants are starting to pay $15/hr. Apparently its critical to the economy to make sure companies can start to lower their wages again and not have to pay more for labor. 

2. on that same note, it was discussed how America needs to bring back manufacturing (ok fine), BUT the ideas on how to do it are wayy out there. one suggested a 1000% Tariff on any procuts imported from China, and another idea was to abolish $15/min wage so that companies can bring back manufacturing with the ability to pay very low wages like in China and not lose as much money. 

Common theme among Republicans is that they are always willing to screw over the average worker with lower safety regulations, lower pay, lower benefits, opposing labor unions, while at the same time constantly INCREASING tax breaks, and incentives for big businesses . I guess the main idea is that if the companies all make massive profits that it will eventually lead to higher wages and better conditions for the workers, which then leads to higher tax revenue (taken from the workers incomes because the business has guaranteed tax breaks for decades) (a type of trickle down theory) but that theory has proven itself completely false all throughout history.

3. Several candidates are in favor of naming Donald Trump as Speaker of the House...him or Marjorie Taylor-Green...They also want to impeach Biden and Harris as payback for what Dems did to Trump.  Yep. Cant have a Republican primary without at least half the field being complete nutjobs. 

4. Several Candidates like Blalock, Strong, and Wright don't seem to have any idea or desire for how they'd represent their Alabama's District. They are too focused on the national culture wars, talking continuously about the Mexican border,  about the keystone pipeline, about China, about russia, about how bad Biden is....a lot of talk about national issues...very little to say about Alabama or the local district they are actually running for...even when asked a direct question about the 5th district they still went off about national interests.  

5. I didn't really fall in love with any candidate. Some of them are completely crazy and would be terrible congressmen (but are more likely to get elected cause they are the wildest, craziest MAGA humpers) but the rest gave good answers to some and some weird, bad answers to others that I didn't agree with. No one person really sticks out to me here. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Sad 1

• CoffeeTiger changed the title to Thoughts on the Recent Q&A Session For Candidates for North Alabama's 5th Congressional District Republican Primary.

Republican Candidates:

Candidate 1: "Oh yea? Well I will gladly kiss trump's ass."

Candidate2: "Oh yea? Well I will gladly french kiss trump's ass."

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Here's a link to the Q&A for all the candidates vying to Replace Mo Brooks in North Alabama's 5th congressional seat for the House.

https://www.al.com/news/2022/01/make-trump-speaker-of-house-north-alabama-congressional-candidates-say.html 

Just wanted to give some of my thoughts and observations on what was said and proposed. 

1. A lot of talk about how to help big businesses and how to screw over regular workers. A lot of talk about how unemployment, rent assistance, and gov. assistance in general needs to be paired back and several of the candidates were REALLY angry (one said it boils his blood) that wages are increasing and that some restaurants are starting to pay $15/hr. Apparently its critical to the economy to make sure companies can start to lower their wages again and not have to pay more for labor. 

2. on that same note, it was discussed how America needs to bring back manufacturing (ok fine), BUT the ideas on how to do it are wayy out there. one suggested a 1000% Tariff on any procuts imported from China, and another idea was to abolish $15/min wage so that companies can bring back manufacturing with the ability to pay very low wages like in China and not lose as much money. 

Common theme among Republicans is that they are always willing to screw over the average worker with lower safety regulations, lower pay, lower benefits, opposing labor unions, while at the same time constantly INCREASING tax breaks, and incentives for big businesses . I guess the main idea is that if the companies all make massive profits that it will eventually lead to higher wages and better conditions for the workers, which then leads to higher tax revenue (taken from the workers incomes because the business has guaranteed tax breaks for decades) (a type of trickle down theory) but that theory has proven itself completely false all throughout history.

3. Several candidates are in favor of naming Donald Trump as Speaker of the House...him or Marjorie Taylor-Green...They also want to impeach Biden and Harris as payback for what Dems did to Trump.  Yep. Cant have a Republican primary without at least half the field being complete nutjobs. 

4. Several Candidates like Blalock, Strong, and Wright don't seem to have any idea or desire for how they'd represent their Alabama's District. They are too focused on the national culture wars, talking continuously about the Mexican border,  about the keystone pipeline, about China, about russia, about how bad Biden is....a lot of talk about national issues...very little to say about Alabama or the local district they are actually running for...even when asked a direct question about the 5th district they still went off about national interests.  

5. I didn't really fall in love with any candidate. Some of them are completely crazy and would be terrible congressmen (but are more likely to get elected cause they are the wildest, craziest MAGA humpers) but the rest gave good answers to some and some weird, bad answers to others that I didn't agree with. No one person really sticks out to me here. 

reminds me of Democrats when they get together (insert different names). LMAO 

• Dislike 1

3 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Pretty much Ditto on the comments.

This is why I cannot support 99% of Republican Candidates. I am sure they are all God-fearing, Gun loving 2nd Amendment, Bible Thumping GOBs. People you could share a joke, watch a football game with, share a beer or a coffee with. But that does not make one of them even a passable candidate no more than it makes them Evile! 

For me, it just makes them unelectable and for the most part pitiful. They have drank the kool-aid for decades from Rush-Hannity-Levin crowd and are now brainwashed to the point of pretty much not being useful in anyway to mankind. Makes me want to move the hell out of Alabama/SE. Saying all that, I dont want to move to the coasts either. Leftugees are fleeing in droves these days.

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 1

There's nowhere to go for people like me so I just kick both parties in the nuts and flip them off as I walk on by. 

• Facepalm 1