Men vs Oklahoma Game Thread

Maverick.AU

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Thanks! It was the first time I've participated in the meme bombing for basketball. :D

When I saw Kesslers look I was thinking I sure hope someone memes that . Good work 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Little brother beating Baylor would be huge for NET purposes 

Just can’t root for them. Hopefully they have a violently physical game and can’t rebound before they come to town Tuesday. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Little brother beating Baylor would be huge for NET purposes 

NET doesn't matter as long as we continue to take care of business.  Updykes can suck it.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, kennypowers said:

NET doesn't matter as long as we continue to take care of business.  Updykes can suck it.  

NET always matters, and we’re currently 8th in it, but I understand the idea of wanting to see Alabama losing. I won’t be mad either way 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Just can’t root for them. Hopefully they have a violently physical game and can’t rebound before they come to town Tuesday. 

that’s an absolute. You gotta put some heart out there to beat Baylor, they don’t stop coming. Alabama is gonna be dog tired after these 3 games

40 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

that’s an absolute. You gotta put some heart out there to beat Baylor, they don’t stop coming. Alabama is gonna be dog tired after these 3 games

Let's hope for quadruple overtime.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wcware said:

Flanigan lead the team in assist today. He effects the game in so many ways even he is kind of out of rythm offensively. He is an absolute lockdown defender. This is why he will get a shot in the league. He makes us better. He is not where we want him to be on offense but we are better on defense with him on the floor. Defense is what makes this team go.

So much this. In +/-, team was +26 during Alan's time on the floor today. People downing Alan need to look at the full effect when he is on the court - not just the missed shot or bad turnover. He is still working back to form. Bruce plays to win in the big picture and he knows Alan has to be a part of that picture.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, akillshot said:

So much this. In +/-, team was +26 during Alan's time on the floor today. People downing Alan need to look at the full effect when he is on the court - not just the missed shot or bad turnover. He is still working back to form. Bruce plays to win in the big picture and he knows Alan has to be a part of that picture.

My overall lack of basketball knowledge and its intricacies shows. I fail to look at the bigger picture, and overall impact. I focused squarely on a missed shot, or turnover—but what you said doesn’t negate a 5 point swing in their favor on his mistakes. 

Jasper is often given this treatment based on his stat sheet being rather pedestrian. 

Edited by ShocksMyBrain

7 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Literally can't stand to see Alabama succeed in anything, especially basketball smh

How can a team who loses to Missouri and UGA turn around and beat Baylor? 

Hope we ******* kill them on Tuesday. 

• Love 1

2 hours ago, boisnumber1 said:

Great win for the good guys. That depth is tough closing out a game. Couple brewskys and a win

PXL_20220129_194643644.jpg

Just a guess, but is that the island wing co in Baldwin county? I won’t say which town for your privacy but I’m fairly sure it is 

3 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Beat Gonzaga, Baylor and Houston…3 out of the top 7 

We get a good 15-20 point win, that’s one you can almost hang a banner for when Selection Sunday comes! 

Shows how weak other conferences are, when a team who loses to two trash SEC teams can beat 3 top 10 opponents. 

2 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Shows how weak other conferences are, when a team who loses to two trash SEC teams can beat 3 top 10 opponents. 

Well…regardless of UK being up on KU and Tech struggling to MSU, the other 2 out of the top 3 imo, I really do respect the B12

I will say this has been HUGE for us garnering some respect. I feel like we’ve easily been top 3, and closer to 2 than the B10, but we don’t get a ton of casual fan respect as a bball conf. 

9 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I might have to give Kessler even more praise for how he did vs Oscar. KU has NO answer for him 

Dude is a baller, but Kentucky's way of playing will benefit from these officials calling NOTHING. Even the announcers are upset.

Edit: Kentucky is also just better so far. It's not all officiating by any means. 

Edited by AUFightingSoldiers
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jluvah said:

Is Lior Berman hurt? Sick? Haven’t seen him the last 2 games.

They just said medical issue, but he should be back soon. I don't think it's anything serious.

4 minutes ago, AUFightingSoldiers said:

Dude is a baller, but Kentucky's way of playing will benefit from these officials calling NOTHING. Even the announcers are upset.

Edit: Kentucky is also just better so far. It's not all officiating by any means. 

Yeah they’ve been allowing murder.