New Reality of the Situation

AUght2win

Just now, MustardSeed said:

Share the WHOLE story then…..

Did I say in any of that I have the whole story? That's my point we don't have the whole story and yet here you are automatically backing Harsin. 

5 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

Did I say in any of that I have the whole story? That's my point we don't have the whole story and yet here you are automatically backing Harsin. 

Should we not back our coach until we see a valid reason not to. It’s the natural correct stance in my book.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Guest MustardSeed
Just now, autiger88 said:

I wasn’t the one you were talking to 😂. You just implied someone else is wrong for supporting until they have the whole story. That must have meant you knew better, right?  But you don’t have the whole story so how can you call someone else out for it then? We have a LONG body of evidence of how underhanded our boosters are. So supporting their foe until proven wrong is actually the safer choice. We’ve almost lost our accreditation because of our boosters meddling, tried to hire Bobby freaking Petrino in the middle of the night before even firing the current coach, we all know about the plants they had in Chiziks locker room…their fame runs long and deep. Harsin doesn’t have that record. So I’ll join with the other guy you were talking to until the whole story comes out, and if it’s what I expect it to be I’ll be done supporting. Period. I hope I’m wrong but the longer this drags the more I’m likely not. 

3 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Should we not back our coach until we see a valid reason not to. It’s the natural correct stance in my book.

I'm saying to take a wait and see approach that's all I'm trying to say until we know the details( if we actually will ever know) because of the stuff that's come to light if legit is bad. That's all I'm trying say. But again y'all will argue against for some reason. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

I wasn’t the one you were talking to 😂. You just implied someone else is wrong for supporting until they have the whole story. That must have meant you knew better, right?  But you don’t have the whole story so how can you call someone else out for it then? We have a LONG body of evidence of how underhanded our boosters are. So supporting their foe until proven wrong is actually the safer choice. We’ve almost lost our accreditation because of our boosters meddling, tried to hire Bobby freaking Petrino in the middle of the night before even firing the current coach, we all know about the plants they had in Chiziks locker room…their fame runs long and deep. Harsin doesn’t have that record. So I’ll join with the other guy you were talking to until the whole story comes out, and if it’s what I expect it to be I’ll be done supporting. Period. I hope I’m wrong but the longer this drags the more I’m likely not. 

My bad for calling on you but still my point still stands. I'm done with this mess. Y'all can have fun defending or not defending, I'm just saying it's better to take a wait and see approach. 

Guest MustardSeed
1 minute ago, autiger88 said:

My bad for calling on you but still my point still stands. I'm done with this mess. Y'all can have fun defending or not defending, I'm just saying it's better to take a wait and see approach. 

Fair enough

11 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

I'm saying to take a wait and see approach that's all I'm trying to say until we know the details( if we actually will ever know) because of the stuff that's come to light if legit is bad. That's all I'm trying say. But again y'all will argue against for some reason. 

I’m not “rushing to judgement “. I’m in the same place I have been (supportive of Auburn’s coach) until I see data to suggest it should be otherwise.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hank2020 said:

I’m not “rushing to judgement “. I’m in the same place I have been (supportive of Auburn’s coach) until I see data to suggest it should be otherwise.

Ok 👌

23 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Here's some data points: Poor recruiting. Mis-management of the transfer portal to the point that we've lost 21 and only brought in five. Negative comments about Harsin's interactions from area high school coaches. A five game losing streak, with two of those losses being to inferior teams, talent-wise. Having to fire coaches he just recently hired. His best hire (IMHO) Mason, willing to take a $400,000 pay cut to get away from Harsin's program.

Related to the afore mentioned transfer portal, but part of Harsin's job was to retain talent. Many of our most promising young players have bailed out. People who know say the Kobe Hudson situation was horribly mishandled.

I have been a notorious coach supporter, going back to the days of Coach Tuberville. However, three have made me go against my natural position: Basketball's Barbee, Baseball's Golloway and now Harsin. Often, it's not that hard to identify a disaster.

There's no area of our football team that is now in a better state than it was when Harsin took over. 14 months and zero improvement, anywhere.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Name them.

Nope since you're the instigator, and so jacked up, you look it up- Google Boise vs top ten ranked teams. Pay $2 for a one week subscription to Idaho Statesman, and get all the details. Done. Doesn't matter because Booster bubbas getting him fired anyway.  Bye for good, I have a life beyond this web site.

2 minutes ago, auelvis87 said:

No matter what the outcome AU is yet again going to look bad on the national scene, and this is going to impact the football program for years.  

Too late. May as well go for it.

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

Here's some data points: Poor recruiting. Mis-management of the transfer portal to the point that we've lost 21 and only brought in five. Negative comments about Harsin's interactions from area high school coaches. A five game losing streak, with two of those losses being to inferior teams, talent-wise. Having to fire coaches he just recently hired. His best hire (IMHO) Mason, willing to take a $400,000 pay cut to get away from Harsin's program.

Related to the afore mentioned transfer portal, but part of Harsin's job was to retain talent. Many of our most promising young players have bailed out. People who know say the Kobe Hudson situation was horribly mishandled.

I have been a notorious coach supporter, going back to the days of Coach Tuberville. However, three have made me go against my natural position: Basketball's Barbee, Baseball's Golloway and now Harsin. Often, it's not that hard to identify a disaster.

There's no area of our football team that is now in a better state than it was when Harsin took over. 14 months and zero improvement, anywhere.

For the record, someone make a note in the minutes, I am agreeing with @Mikey.  \

Just having fun, man.  Great post.  Most of your post is spot on.  

One other point: every coach has to figure out 3 things: the new portal thing and NIL and you must work to retain your players in the locker room.  being a HC in the SEC just went from being a good chess player to being good at 3D chess.  Seems like Harsin is not a 3D chess guy.

Edited by Beaker
  • Like 1

On 2/5/2022 at 1:58 PM, bigbird said:

Do you think current players are?

I’ve only seen a handful that’s public ally  supported Harsin. I noticed only about 20 people showed up at Toomers for the rally. Many that left have been quiet like Bo.  It’s not all Harsin’s fault but a lot of it was. Harsin was teed off early because the board didn’t support his hire. AG shoved it down their throat. To tell the truth I think Greene didn’t want a big time coach that might have sway over him. Either way Harsin could have done more to engage the big boosters and for that matter the AU family. Gus did, Chiz did and Tommy did as well. Harsin doesn’t seem to know how to make friends. By doing so he is always out on a ledge by himself. I respect players supporting him and understand. Players usually don’t like new coaches coming in especially if you presently have a position because you might lose that position under a new coach. But end of the day AG forced the Harsin hire and when he failed badly the other folks hit back. I don’t see anyway at this point Harsin is coach come August nor will AG survive either. When you bet  the farm you better have your ducks in a row. In the end I expect they will come to a bargain buyout maybe based on what future earnings Harsin makes . Harsin will go back to none P5 and do well. Maybe someday he will learn to be a successful  coach you have to get a buy in from all those around you. He should have spent some time with Bruce. 🤔

• Like 1

On 2/8/2022 at 12:46 AM, Mikey said:

You have no knowledge that any of those people had anything to do with Harsin's trouble. People who give large sums of money and time to AU do not go around trying to sabotage the school.

How, exactly? His recruiting has been a failure. He's alienated the area high school coaches. He's mis-managed the transfer portal so that we have brought in five and lost 21. He's riding a five game losing streak and two of those losses were to clearly inferior teams. He's hired people that he's already had to fire, and his best hire (Mason) took a $400,000 a year pay cut to get away from him. Many of those players who left weren't dead heads. Some of our more promising young athletes abandoned ship. If Harsin stays, I don't see how he manages a 5-7 record next year. 4-8 is more likely and that includes three gimme games.

Not sure where you are getting all your intel either. But it’s common knowledge certain boosters meddle in how the football operations are run. Wanna be Jerry Jones. I have seen yella  fella waddle down the sidelines since Tubbs . Yes. Their ego and power trip will burn down the school before admitting they’re wrong. Harsin was hired to  make changes. Some don’t like it and leave. The portal and NIL is tough to manage. Mason lost us games. He took a $400 k reduction because that’s all he’s worth plus he had AU money coming in. He saw the writing on the wall. I was glad to see him go.  Strange what you are hearing about now never happened at Boise. I have met every coach since Barfield. Due to COVID and canceled dinners I haven’t been able to meet up with Harsin. But I trust Alan Greenes choice. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Builder said:

Not sure where you are getting all your intel either. But it’s common knowledge certain boosters meddle in how the football operations are run. Wanna be Jerry Jones. I have seen yella  fella waddle down the sidelines since Tubbs . Yes. Their ego and power trip will burn down the school before admitting they’re wrong. Harsin was hired to  make changes. Some don’t like it and leave. The portal and NIL is tough to manage. Mason lost us games. He took a $400 k reduction because that’s all he’s worth plus he had AU money coming in. He saw the writing on the wall. I was glad to see him go.  Strange what you are hearing about now never happened at Boise. I have met every coach since Barfield. Due to COVID and canceled dinners I haven’t been able to meet up with Harsin. But I trust Alan Greenes choice. 

Have you been here this past three days? Like all that stuff you said can be disproven. 🤣

• Like 1

I don't know what is taking so long. I've heard that Harsin wants to come back. My question is WHY. After all that's happened does he honestly believe he still has a firm grasp on this team?

4 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

I don't know what is taking so long. I've heard that Harsin wants to come back. My question is WHY. After all that's happened does he honestly believe he still has a firm grasp on this team?

It’s the only way to salvage the career. 

On 2/8/2022 at 2:46 PM, Mikey said:

You have no knowledge that any of those people had anything to do with Harsin's trouble. People who give large sums of money and time to AU do not go around trying to sabotage the school.

How, exactly? His recruiting has been a failure. He's alienated the area high school coaches. He's mis-managed the transfer portal so that we have brought in five and lost 21. He's riding a five game losing streak and two of those losses were to clearly inferior teams. He's hired people that he's already had to fire, and his best hire (Mason) took a $400,000 a year pay cut to get away from him. Many of those players who left weren't dead heads. Some of our more promising young athletes abandoned ship. If Harsin stays, I don't see how he manages a 5-7 record next year. 4-8 is more likely and that includes three gimme games.

Not to mention, if you include soon to be SEC schools Texas and Oklahoma he finished 10th, that’s 10th in the SEC in recruiting. And for whatever reason, he refuses to recruit offensive lineman or wide receivers. Oh yeah, then he loses a starting wide receiver at seasons end to the portal. And then, he can’t get quality players out of the portal.

Edited by AU-24
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, milehighfan said:

Because of some of the accusations that’s been made against Harsin may be much worse than you think. The university has an obligation to investigate them before allowing him to return . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think I'm most alarmed at Auburn people jumping ship with nothing more than inuendo, gossip and reports from historically dicey sources doing their thing. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Because of some of the accusations that’s been made against Harsin may be much worse than you think. The university has an obligation to investigate them before allowing him to return . 

But he has returned and is representing Auburn at an off site meeting.

I think the possible firing of Harsin is over for now.

How will he be able to hire coaches? How are we going to hire a decent QB coach with the possibility of the axe dropping at any moment?

Edited by AU80cruiser