UT on fire

LKEEL75

47 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

It’s not that simple. Look at the info in the link below, re: seeding and tie-breakers. The formula gets complicated and all of the possible scenarios cannot be determined at this point, even if there is a three way tie for the regular season championship.  I can see where it is possible  that seeding could be determined by coin flips. 

http://a.espncdn.com/sec/media/2021/SEC Basketball Champion and Tournament Seeding.pdf

Thanks for that. I guess if we had a three way tie with UT and UK, then UT would be first as they’d be 2-1 against us and UK. UK would be 1-2 and Auburn 1-1

UTk had a really good guard stable coming into the season, it was odd when virtually all of them except Vescovi were struggling in the middle of the season, but I suppose that goes to chemistry and exp 

speaking of, they do have a good bit of experience littered throughout the roster

6 hours ago, gravejd said:

Thank you Tennessee! Now AU can lose 2 games and still get a share of the SEC title. Drop just one and it is ours! That game at Tenn looks like it will be a tough one so glad we won't have a whole lot on the line (hopefully). We can lose to anyone as shown by the uga and mizzou games but i like our chances in the rest. Even the game at FL looks very winnable unless we just totally crap the bed. 

I agree.   The other 5 games are games we “SHOULD” win.   If we stay focused and play our game we’re good.  If that happens, even with a loss in Knoxville, we’ll be alone at the top.   With that said, I’m not conceding that game either.    It will definitely be tough, but it is certainly a winnable game.  

11 hours ago, zeroforwinger said:

I’m not making any predictions. We’re discussing the scenarios. Of course we could easily lose two games. Road trips to UT, UF and Miss St will be tough. 

I'm extremely confident we win out at home but we cannot take any of the remaining road games for granted!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Randman5000 said:

Maybe I've missed this somewhere, but do we know why Powell transferred to Tenn. 

Because he thought UK was in the bag.  They never offered. 

2 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Because he thought UK was in the bag.  They never offered. 

Why didn't he pull out from the portal then?

31 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Why didn't he pull out from the portal then?

His dad pretty much burned his bridge with Auburn, claiming we didn't handle his injury situation well. 

• Thanks 1