This is a prime example of why the left is perceived to be humorless

SLAG-91

Prime example of how right-wing media can effectively use one person, to become "the left".  Prime example of how the continued spreading of irrational fear and anger is quite effective.  Not only as a pure political tactic but, and perhaps more importantly, a distraction away from the genuine issues of our society.

Naturally, the tacit racists join in.

10 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Prime example of how right-wing media can effectively use one person, to become "the left".  Prime example of how the continued spreading of irrational fear and anger is quite effective.  Not only as a pure political tactic but, and perhaps more importantly, a distraction away from the genuine issues of our society.

One person??!!??  If I’m not mistaken she wrote her Nobel Prize winning piece :the 1619 Project for the NYTimes and got rave reviews.  In your absence did you miss this?  That’s not just one person, it is a person with a loud voice with influence based on untruths.

The left has for years clamped down on any and all conservatives as *racists* that the term has become meaningless.  The left has gotten away, under the guise of *racist*, *homophobic*, transphobic*, etc, with shutting down conversation that needs to happen for all sides to come to agreement.  This is why conservatives are trying to fight back.

The outright falsehoods of the 1619 project, the Marxist CRT, the chemical castration and mutilation of our children because a child thinks they maybe a different sex even thought they are not of legal age to give consent.  Heck, the left is alright with killing an unborn child and is also alright with mutilation of a child before they are adults.

If it weren’t true it would be funny.  In fact, for years conservatives have thought these ideas were so void of fact, no one would believe them.  In other words *funny*, *Humorous*

• Thanks 2
  • Love 1

Babylon Bee hasn't been funny in years 

Half of their content these days is some variation of:

"(insert person) identifies as a (insert item/object/thing)"  LOL aren't liberals so confused and funny!

Baby Boomers and conservative stay at home mom's get a kick out of it, but other than that...

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

20 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

One person??!!??  If I’m not mistaken she wrote her Nobel Prize winning piece :the 1619 Project for the NYTimes and got rave reviews.  In your absence did you miss this?  That’s not just one person, it is a person with a loud voice with influence based on untruths.

The left has for years clamped down on any and all conservatives as *racists* that the term has become meaningless.  The left has gotten away, under the guise of *racist*, *homophobic*, transphobic*, etc, with shutting down conversation that needs to happen for all sides to come to agreement.  This is why conservatives are trying to fight back.

The outright falsehoods of the 1619 project, the Marxist CRT, the chemical castration and mutilation of our children because a child thinks they maybe a different sex even thought they are not of legal age to give consent.  Heck, the left is alright with killing an unborn child and is also alright with mutilation of a child before they are adults.

If it weren’t true it would be funny.  In fact, for years conservatives have thought these ideas were so void of fact, no one would believe them.  In other words *funny*, *Humorous*

I know, the Black Americans and Queer Americans are very scary people.  We should all be so aware.  Marxist mutilating baby killers are destroying the country. 

These are truly the high priority issues that threaten our country.

Nice distractions from money in politics, a government that is openly "for sale", a two-tiered justice system, grotesque debt, grotesque inequality, more welfare for the rich than the poor, decaying infrastructure.

Please, I'm not asking you to become progressive, I'm just asking you to see past the distractions and, focus on the real issues.  Society is not a reflection of the people without power.  Society is a reflection of the people with power.  If WE are going to improve our society, we have to look at power.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

I know, the Black Americans and Queer Americans are very scary people.  We should all be so aware.  Marxist mutilating baby killers are destroying the country. 

These are truly the high priority issues that threaten our country.

Nice distractions from money in politics, a government that is openly "for sale", a two-tiered justice system, grotesque debt, grotesque inequality, more welfare for the rich than the poor, decaying infrastructure.

Please, I'm not asking you to become progressive, I'm just asking you to see past the distractions and, focus on the real issues.  Society is not a reflection of the people without power.  Society is a reflection of the people with power.  If WE are going to improve our society, we have to look at power.

So you start off with discounting my views of destroying the family unit and ask me to see past the distractions and focus on the real issues?  For me, the destruction of the family values is the real issue.

I understand about the people with power, we just disagree with who has the power now a days.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

So you start off with discounting my views of destroying the family unit and ask me to see past the distractions and focus on the real issues?  For me, the destruction of the family values is the real issue.

I understand about the people with power, we just disagree with who has the power now a days.

You want the government to ensure the family unit?  Do you think they can?  Please tell me how.  By cancelling the free speech of Black Americans and Gay community?  You done forgot them Marxest baby slaughterin devel worshipers.  Hypocrisy alone has been shown too many times for this "family values" approach to be taken seriously. 

Who has the power?  We keep score pretty well, it isn't a secret how openly for sale influence is.  There aren't but two real political concerns.

Okay, back to real issues.  Inane rhetoric is divisive, destructive, tiresome.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

You want the government to ensure the family unit?  Do you think they can?  Please tell me how.  By cancelling the free speech of Black Americans and Gay community?  You done forgot them Marxest baby slaughterin devel worshipers.  Hypocrisy alone has been shown too many times for this "family values" approach to be taken seriously. 

Who has the power?  We keep score pretty well, it isn't a secret how openly for sale influence is.  There aren't but two real political concerns.

Okay, back to real issues.  Inane rhetoric is divisive, destructive, tiresome.

Your questions are incorrect.  Is the government doing all it can to destroy the family unit?  No, but it can do more to prevent insane policies.  The government, to my knowledge, is not cancelling the free speech of  Black Americans or the gay community.  What they have done is put, in some schools, the 1619 project and CRT as subject matters alone with *gender studies* in grade schools.  This is why Gov DeSantis is signing laws prohibiting these subjects.  I know you will say CRT is not being taught, although technically true, the schools are teaching the principals.  The Governor of Texas is outlawing gender reassignment surgeries and calling them child abuse.  Bravo,

Yes, influence is for sale politically.  The power right now is with the Democratic Party and it has taken a destructive path.

Yes, insane rhetoric is divisive as was your opening paragraph.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Your questions are incorrect.  Is the government doing all it can to destroy the family unit?  No, but it can do more to prevent insane policies.  The government, to my knowledge, is not cancelling the free speech of  Black Americans or the gay community.  What they have done is put, in some schools, the 1619 project and CRT as subject matters alone with *gender studies* in grade schools.  This is why Gov DeSantis is signing laws prohibiting these subjects.  I know you will say CRT is not being taught, although technically true, the schools are teaching the principals.  The Governor of Texas is outlawing gender reassignment surgeries and calling them child abuse.  Bravo,

Yes, influence is for sale politically.  The power right now is with the Democratic Party and it has taken a destructive path.

Okay, we were doing just fine until,,, BIDEN.  Please continue with your diet of entertainment news.

I hope you don't think that I believe you are a bad person.  I do not.  I just don't want to waste time with someone who cannot think for themselves and, refuses to even try.

• Like 2

On 2/28/2022 at 11:18 AM, icanthearyou said:

I'm glad you've decided to post again.  

On 2/28/2022 at 11:53 AM, CoffeeTiger said:

I disagree. Thier headlines are hilarious.

Now let me get back to getting the kids off to school, laundry, and my shows.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 2/28/2022 at 11:53 AM, CoffeeTiger said:

Half of their content these days is some variation of:

"(insert person) identifies as a (insert item/object/thing)"  LOL aren't liberals so confused and funny!

Baby Boomers and conservative stay at home mom's get a kick out of it, but other than that...

Not the point of highlighting this lady's idiocy, but I think you knew that.

Thread has gone off on a (sin/cos), anyway.

• Haha 1

On 2/28/2022 at 1:15 PM, I_M4_AU said:

Please, think about power.  You are looking at the facade, not the reality.  Please, think about capital versus society.  Think about the political class, the capital class, working class.  We need to come together.  We are running out of time.  Do we still have a "government of the people"?

1 hour ago, icanthearyou said:

Please, think about power.  You are looking at the facade, not the reality.  Please, think about capital versus society.  Think about the political class, the capital class, working class.  We need to come together.  We are running out of time.  Do we still have a "government of the people"?

You are only thinking about power in the capital sense and not the societal sense.  As been stated before, calling someone *racist* has taken away power to those who may have more capital and rendered them persona non grata, and that is power.

How powerful has BLM (the organization) become in 2020?  It has raised a lot of money and consequently power as there is little or no opposition that is allowed to exist because you will be called *racist*.  The conservative voice is being eliminated by big tech sensors.  I can get tweets from Russia and Iran spewing their destructive message, but not from a former President of the U.S.  That is power that does not necessarily come from the capitalist system.

To have people that were born male and compete against females because they now identify as female is real power.  How did we get here?  You are buried in the old definition of power as those who have the money, have the power.  That is not necessarily the case today.  Yes, if you have money you do have power, but when the MLB Allstar Game was moved from Atlanta to Denver because a perceived attack on voting rights forsaking any reasoning…..that is real power.

Yes, we still have *government by the people* and thank God it isn’t government by mob rule.

• Facepalm 1

On 2/28/2022 at 1:37 PM, I_M4_AU said:

"destroying the family unit" ? :rolleyes:

That's hyperbolic to the point of being pretty funny. 

But it's also sad - and a little scary - for someone to really think other people living out their own version of life threatens them and their family.

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

"destroying the family unit" ? :rolleyes:

That's hyperbolic to the point of being pretty funny. 

But it's also sad - and a little scary - for someone to really think other people living out their own version of life threatens them and their family.

Says the man with no children.  I am not threatens by anyone, I just can’t see how the population can strive going forward with this type of thinking.

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

You are only thinking about power in the capital sense and not the societal sense.  As been stated before, calling someone *racist* has taken away power to those who may have more capital and rendered them persona non grata, and that is power.

How powerful has BLM (the organization) become in 2020?  It has raised a lot of money and consequently power as there is little or no opposition that is allowed to exist because you will be called *racist*.  The conservative voice is being eliminated by big tech sensors.  I can get tweets from Russia and Iran spewing their destructive message, but not from a former President of the U.S.  That is power that does not necessarily come from the capitalist system.

To have people that were born male and compete against females because they now identify as female is real power.  How did we get here?  You are buried in the old definition of power as those who have the money, have the power.  That is not necessarily the case today.  Yes, if you have money you do have power, but when the MLB Allstar Game was moved from Atlanta to Denver because a perceived attack on voting rights forsaking any reasoning…..that is real power.

Yes, we still have *government by the people* and thank God it isn’t government by mob rule.

Let's see,

"How powerful has BLM (the organization) become in 2020?.... as there is little or no opposition to the BLM allowed to exist, because you will be called racist."

"To have people that were born male and compete against females because they now identify as female is real power."    (Obviously a major problem! :-\ )

Meanwhile, we have the governor of a state - representing actual legal power over individuals living in that state, threatening parents with charges of child abuse for simply tending to the psychological needs of their own children.  (Not to mention state intrusion into a woman's right to manage her own body.)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/02/25/texas-transgender-youth-directive-abuses-children/

"Raising a threat of criminal prosecution, the governor called on licensed professionals in Texas — including doctors, nurses and teachers — to report families who provide such medical treatment for their children. Since Mr. Abbott signed into law the measure that made bounty hunters out of citizens as a means of enforcing an unconstitutional ban on abortion, his assault on other medical procedures comes as no surprise."

I submit that your understanding of how power is exercised - and by whom - is deeply flawed, to say the least.

11 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Says the man with no children.  I am not threatens by anyone, I just can’t see how the population can strive going forward with this type of thinking.

Are you seriously accusing me of not having a family with all the nieces, nephews, cousins and God children I have?  Who are you to imply I lack the standing to offer my perspective?

Frankly, I don't care about what you "see" or think. 

IMO, you lack critical thinking and moral awareness - to the point of being politically dangerous to everyone's personal freedom. 

The Bee is still funny but,,, not so much when you consider the real joke is on US.

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

You're in deep brother.  Come to the light, reach for the rope.  We will pull you out.