The New Face of MAGA

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

Do you feel she has replaced Trump?

https://news.yahoo.com/trumps-primary-losses-puncture-invincibility-142937176.html?.tsrc=daily_mail&uh_test=1_04

Trump’s aura of untouchability in Republican politics has been punctured.

Not really, but she does hog the limelight.

Just now, TexasTiger said:

I ain’t shooting this video myself. 😉

Understand. Do see her stuff up often but normally fly over. She is apparently attention seeking quack but not the new “face”.

• 4 months later...
On 5/30/2022 at 8:59 PM, SaltyTiger said:

Understand. Do see her stuff up often but normally fly over. She is apparently attention seeking quack but not the new “face”.

She’s saying she will be and threatening a weak kneed wimp to not get in her way:

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/10/17/magazine/marjorie-taylor-greene.html

On 5/30/2022 at 9:09 PM, SaltyTiger said:

Do you feel she has replaced Trump?

https://news.yahoo.com/trumps-primary-losses-puncture-invincibility-142937176.html?.tsrc=daily_mail&uh_test=1_04

Trump’s aura of untouchability in Republican politics has been punctured.

Hardly.

https://www.thebulwark.com/the-end-of-the-good-republicans/

6 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

She’s saying she will be and threatening a weak kneed wimp to not get in her way:

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/10/17/magazine/marjorie-taylor-greene.html

Let her yap. Not many listen or care.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/how-someone-like-marjorie-taylor-greene-could-win-again/

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

The next speaker of the House does.

“Squeaky wheels get grease”. She is the Christian Nationalist isn’t she? Doubt many conservatives/Christian’s care for her. 

2 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

“Squeaky wheels get grease”. She is the Christian Nationalist isn’t she? Doubt many conservatives/Christian’s care for her. 

They must or she would have no power over the party. The party backs down to her repeatedly.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

You are wrong. Get out talk with real people. 

BS.  How do you explain the current slate of Republican candidates?  It's "real people" who nominated them.

The Republican Party is completely controlled by Trump. You are in denial if you think otherwise.

• Facepalm 1

5 hours ago, homersapien said:

BS.  How do you explain the current slate of Republican candidates?  It's "real people" who nominated them.

The Republican Party is completely controlled by Trump. You are in denial if you think otherwise.

Get what you are saying. Biden has certainly been a failure in his “unifying”. Article below pretty well sums up “Trumpland”.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgov/2022/06/27/observations-from-trumpland/

• Dislike 1

20 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Are you serious Salty?

The people for whom her statements are directed consider it a feature. These are the people she is pandering to - the MAGA core of the Republican Party (with a high percentage of evangelicals thrown in.)

Did you even read the article whose link you posted?

MAGA's represent maybe 30% of the general population, but a much higher percent of the people who vote Republican - probably well over 50-60%,  considering over 70% of all Republican voters believe Trump won the last election.

Her "yapping" is what put her in office and will likely keep her there.

(Frankly, I find it hard to believe you don't really understand that.  If you were that out of touch politically you wouldn't be on this forum in the first place.)

Edited by homersapien

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

Get what you are saying. Biden has certainly been a failure in his “unifying”. Article below pretty well sums up “Trumpland”.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgov/2022/06/27/observations-from-trumpland/

That article in no way summarizes "Trumpland".

It summarizes the opinion of the author.  (As well as maybe about 10-15% of the Republican party who aren't full blown MAGAs.  But they certainly don't represent the party as a whole.)

All the "good" Republicans have left the party.  Trump is the undisputed leader and absolutely controls the party.  And of course he's going to run again - if only to keep the money rolling in.

But yeah, it's Biden's fault. :rolleyes:

Edited by homersapien

30 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Are you serious Salty?

The people for whom her statements are considered a feature care. These are the people she is cultivating - the MAGA core of the Republican Party (with a high percentage of evangelicals thrown in.)

Did you even read the article whose link you posted?

MAGA's represent maybe 30% of the general population, but a much higher percent of the people who vote Republican - probably well over 50-60% considering over 70% of all Republican voters believe Trump won the last election.

Her "yapping" is what put her in office and will likely keep her their.

(Frankly, I find it hard to believe you don't really understand that.  If you were that out of touch politically you wouldn't be on this forum in the first place.)

OK Brother Homer. She is nuts and republicans are worse for recognizing her. “Impeach Biden and investigate the world….”

I have seen polls but still find it hard to believe so many people believe Trump won.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

OK Brother Homer. She is nuts and republicans are worse for recognizing her. “Impeach Biden and investigate the world….”

I have seen polls but still find it hard to believe so many people believe Trump won.

Well, I still find it hard to believe what has happened to the Republican party.

But it happened.

I also find it hard to believe this country has gotten so close to losing our democracy and letting an authoritarian assume power. 

But I believe it now.

I also used to think the phrase:  “When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”  was at least somewhat hyperbolic.

Now I consider it prophecy.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, homersapien said:

Well, I still find it hard to believe what has happened to the Republican party.

But it happened.

I also find it hard to believe this country has gotten so close to losing our democracy and letting an authoritarian assume power. 

But I believe it now.

I also used to think the phrase:  “When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.”  was at least somewhat hyperbolic.

Now I consider it prophecy.

When did you start considering it prophecy? 

https://irishrover.net/2022/04/rooney-center-launches-january-6th-2025-project/

Hall and Rooney’s article in The Hill states: “The Americans who usually support Donald Trump … must be convinced that the stakes are too high … to tolerate this assault on our democracy. Politicians, activists, and citizens who believe in democracy need to develop clear and persuasive messaging, not just about the Big Lie and the insurrection on Jan. 6, 2021, but also about the predictable scam that Trump and his allies are attempting as we speak. ’”

Though the project’s mission statement asserts that the project aims to “offer an assessment of the state of our democracy and insight into how to protect and strengthen it, with a special emphasis on how to prepare for the attack on our electoral system that will likely occur on January 6th, 2025,” when speaking with the Rover, Hall claimed that “[Those involved in the project] do not necessarily predict another violent insurrection on January 6th, 2025.”

Rather, Hall said, “We believe it is very likely that Donald Trump will win the Republican nomination for president in 2024 and—if he loses the general election—he will try to overthrow the result of that election through any means possible.” Trump has yet to announce his candidacy for the Republican nomination.

4 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

When did you start considering it prophecy? 

https://irishrover.net/2022/04/rooney-center-launches-january-6th-2025-project/

Hall and Rooney’s article in The Hill states: “The Americans who usually support Donald Trump … must be convinced that the stakes are too high … to tolerate this assault on our democracy. Politicians, activists, and citizens who believe in democracy need to develop clear and persuasive messaging, not just about the Big Lie and the insurrection on Jan. 6, 2021, but also about the predictable scam that Trump and his allies are attempting as we speak. ’”

Though the project’s mission statement asserts that the project aims to “offer an assessment of the state of our democracy and insight into how to protect and strengthen it, with a special emphasis on how to prepare for the attack on our electoral system that will likely occur on January 6th, 2025,” when speaking with the Rover, Hall claimed that “[Those involved in the project] do not necessarily predict another violent insurrection on January 6th, 2025.”

Rather, Hall said, “We believe it is very likely that Donald Trump will win the Republican nomination for president in 2024 and—if he loses the general election—he will try to overthrow the result of that election through any means possible.” Trump has yet to announce his candidacy for the Republican nomination.

to answer your question: Jan. 6, 2020.   And, so far, Trump has gotten away with it, along with the millions of Republicans and - Republican leaders - who maintain the 2020 election was stolen.

Not sure what your point is by posting that article, but if it's meant to assert Trump and his MAGAs don't represent an existential threat to our democracy, it failed.

(And just to clarify, when I say it is prophecy, I don't necessarily mean it will succeed.  I mean the danger of fascism is coming from a segment of the population who consider themselves patriotic and Christian, just as the saying states.)

But back to your point: I think  - if not totally expect - Trump will be defeated when he runs for president in two years.  It's what follows that has me worried.