Collegiate Licensing Company top selling schools

Streyeder

CLC ANNOUNCES TOP SELLING SCHOOLS

The Collegiate Licensing Company is pleased to announce its top-selling CLC member schools for the period beginning July 1, 2004 through June 30, 2005 on collegiate merchandise sold.

1.) University of North Carolina

2.) The University of Michigan

3.) The University of Texas at Austin

4.) University of Georgia

5.) The University of Oklahoma

6.) University of Notre Dame

7.) University of Tennessee Knoxville

8.) University of Florida

9.) Louisiana State University

10.) The University of Alabama

I might get flamed for posting this, but damn, even I'm surprised AU isn't up there. SEC is still represented well though.

The list is not just for football. UNC sells a LOT its "Tar Baby" merchandise because of basketball. All the schools with the exception of Oklahoma and Alerbammer have much larger population bases in their sphere of influence, as well. I am surprised that Bama made the list; it takes a LOT of three dollar mesh back caps and two dollar "Tide" tags to add up to much.

I would ahve been shocked if Auburn HAD made the list. It's justnot that big of a fan base, and alabama has about 3x as many fans.

170731[/snapback]

Nonetheless, it seemed more AU memoribilia was purchased by AU fans this year than any recent year. (All of the fair weather fans were shopping this year.)

I would ahve been shocked if Auburn HAD made the list. It's justnot that big of a fan base, and alabama has about 3x as many fans.

170731[/snapback]

Nonetheless, it seemed more AU memoribilia was purchased by AU fans this year than any recent year. (All of the fair weather fans were shopping this year.)

170751[/snapback]

i wouldn't say that it's fair weather fans(though some of it is), but i think that everyone wanted something to remember this season by. so anything with the 13-0 or something like that on it sold really fast.

I think the basketball effect has a lot to do with Auburn not being listed. It always seems to me that football is REALLY good and basketball is REALLY bad, and vice versa, like in '98-'99.

When's the last time Auburn football AND Auburn basketball did considerably well in the same school year?

Auburn fans have a better understanding of their colors. We realize that it is inappropriate to wear it daily; not to mention wearing it to church and to your cousin's wedding :D

Auburn fans have a better understanding of their colors.  We realize that it is inappropriate to wear it daily; not to mention wearing it to church and to your cousin's wedding :D

170996[/snapback]

Or maybe orange doesnt go well with hardly anything....

To the contrary, Orange & Blue "goes with" EVERYTHING. :au:

p.s. There must be a whole lot of border crossers and rednecks wearin' those dark pink mesh hats! :lol::lol::lol::poke:

Auburn fans have a better understanding of their colors.  We realize that it is inappropriate to wear it daily; not to mention wearing it to church and to your cousin's wedding :D

170996[/snapback]

170998[/snapback]

it just goes with WINNING :poke:

170996[/snapback]

170998[/snapback]

It goes VERY WELL with BLUE!

:au::homer:

170996[/snapback]

I wear mine almost daily. Is there something wrong with that?

My sister wanted to buy her husband who also went to UT (both Tenn grads) an orange suit.... :blink:

As a joke but as a birthday gift....I convinced her out of it.

Archived