Louisiana Hospital Refuses To Abort Preganacy of Unviable Fetus Because It's condition Isn't Specifically Listed In State Abortion Exemption Law. Tells Mother To Go to Another State For Procedure.

CoffeeTiger

https://www.al.com/news/2022/08/louisiana-hospital-no-abortion-for-woman-whose-fetus-has-no-skull.html

Basically the pregnancy is at 14 weeks now and the fetus has no skull and is unable to survive or function outside of the womb.

Louisiana's abortion exemption law states that doctors can sign off on abortion in a few specific circumstances, but the doctors and hospitals in Louisiana don't want to take a risk of doing the abortion because the fetus is technically alive with a beating heart, even though it has a chronic condition that will; cause further health problems for the mother the longer the pregnancy goes on. 

The hospital tells the mother she'll have to go to another state for the abortion. She went to a Pregnancy Crisis Center that gave her information on how to plan for the fetuses burial after she gives birth and said they'd pray for her. 

She has children and is having trouble getting a trip to FL planned especially since she is only 1 week away from the 15 week cutoff for abortion in FL. 

Next closest State would be a 15 hour trip. 

This is exactly they type of situation that pro-choicers said would start happening in these restrictive states, and its the same situation that forced birthers said would absolutely NOT^ happen, because everything would be clear and common sense for lawmakers and doctors.....well surprise surprise...it's not. 

Even in cases that SHOULD be covered under abortion exemptions the hospitals and doctors still don't want to take the risk of prosecution from authoritarian Republican legislators, and cause further risk and this will just cause further problems for mothers who are already going through a horrific situation. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger

I wouldn't say the fetus is "technically alive" - only alive by misinformed edicts by politicians.

A beating "heart" does not equal life.  (And "heart" is in quotes because it starts beating when it's essentially a bunch of tissue.)

Anyway, this is what happens when state legislatures purposefully try to restrict abortions to a level that disregards the rights of the woman, all based on religious belief.

• Like 1

Clear lack of leadership. Whining is not the answer, leadership is. Time to step up Joe.

1 hour ago, AUFAN78 said:

Clear lack of leadership. Whining is not the answer, leadership is. Time to step up Joe.

scrubs-dr-cox.gif.ba0044a98e67fbdd6863218cefb269aa.gif

My turn....

Wat | Know Your Meme

• Haha 1

I'm officially making a motion to name 78 the most inane poster on this forum. 

Dude is a waste of energy. Don't engage him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Awwwww, but he's so cute when he facepalms...

1 hour ago, AUDub said:

After numerous "L's" in past attempts, your position is understandable. I'm guessing a long day in the blood mobile? ;D

59 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Awwwww, but he's so cute when he facepalms...

Save the Vaseline for your bearded friend. ;D

1 hour ago, AUDub said:

Motion granted.

s/

Didba, esquire

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Didba said:

Motion granted.

s/

Didba, esquire

You all heard the man. 

Now that my motion has been granted, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate. 

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, AUDub said:

Made my list a long time ago.

• Haha 1