The New 'Forward Party'

CoffeeTiger

17 hours ago, autigeremt said:

No sir, two broken wings and dropped out of a plane at 30,000 feet! 

Multiparty proportional representation system with a side of abolishing the electoral college. I’ll say it again and again. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Didba said:

I’ve noticed conservatives on here don’t seem to generally understand the industry accepted political spectrum that is utilized throughout the political science academic field. 

The average "third way" reply guy here:

two_party_system.png

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Didba said:

Multiparty proportional representation system with a side of abolishing the electoral college. I’ll say it again and again. 

Only then would I support abolishing the electoral college. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I can't think of one view or opinion you've ever stated on here that isn't exclusively Conservative or Right wing. 

Just because you don't identify as a Republican doesn't mean you are a 'Centrist'. You're just an Independent Conservative. 

For the record: 

Pro-choice with limitations

Pro gun law reform 

Pro immigration reform

Pro prison reform 

Pro marijuana reform currently (definitely concerned with some of the high potency strains)

Pro vax

I have no allegiance to a party and I am certainly not on extreme ends of either.

1 hour ago, AUFAN78 said:

For the record: 

Pro gun law reform 

Pro immigration reform

Pro prison reform 

Pro marijuana reform currently (definitely concerned with some of the high potency strains)

Pro vax

I have no allegiance to a party and I am certainly not on extreme ends of either.

I promise you, nothing to be concerned with the high potency strains, I smoked em all through undergrad and postgrad.  I did okay.  Now black market concentrate e-pens are a whole nother issue, but that issue is done away with by legalization and regulating.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Didba said:

I’ve noticed conservatives on here don’t seem to generally understand the industry accepted political spectrum that is utilized throughout the political science academic field. 

If you are an evil, vile, homophobic, misogynistic, loathsome person? You are a Conservative.

You mean that structure?

16 hours ago, Didba said:

Ranked Choice Voting, and ending the EC? I am all for it.

Congrats, you just joined the Forward Party, I think. 

11 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

For the record: 

Pro gun law reform 

Pro immigration reform

Pro prison reform 

Pro vax

Agree 100% But somehow we dont drink the party kool-aid with the Cool Kids here so therefore we must of course be MAGA Trumpsters and evil, vile, homophobic, misogynistic, loathsome persons. How dare we not kiss their chosen party's collective asses? It's all so clear to me now.

Biden is of course perfection. The American People rose in mass to demand he be President....If you dont see that, you are: evil, vile, homophobic, misogynistic, loathsome persons.

The FACT that we have two s*** show parties that almost no one likes these days just drives the party ass-kissers wild.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/05/15/facts-about-us-political-independents/

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

If you are an evil, vile, homophobic, misogynistic, loathsome person? You are a Conservative.

You mean that structure?

Nope, nice strawman though. I’m referring to the political spectrum academics use when writing in political science journals. I can provide you some sources if you’d like but a simple search on Google scholar will give you some examples. 

Ranked Choice Voting, and ending the EC? I am all for it.

Congrats, you just joined the Forward Party, I think. 

Hah, no. Liberals have been espousing electoral reform in the manner I described for much longer than the “forward” party has existed. All the way back to the 1870s. 

further conservative politicians will never support the abolishment of the electoral college as they would ever elect another president under the current system and under a multiparty proportional system both democratic and Republican Party would cease to exist as we currently know them. 

• Like 3

Agree 100% But somehow we dont drink the party kool-aid with the Cool Kids here so therefore we must of course be MAGA Trumpsters and evil, vile, homophobic, misogynistic, loathsome persons. How dare we not kiss their chosen party's collective asses? It's all so clear to me now.

Biden is of course perfection. The American People rose in mass to demand he be President....If you dont see that, you are: evil, vile, homophobic, misogynistic, loathsome persons.

The FACT that we have two s*** show parties that almost no one likes these days just drives the party ass-kissers wild.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/05/15/facts-about-us-political-independents/

This is ironic bc what you assert annoyance about ie people lumping conservative independents with MAGAs is the same thing you are doing with your statements about democrats. Lumping us all together as Biden loving sycophants. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Didba said:

This is ironic bc what you assert annoyance about ie people lumping conservative independents with MAGAs is the same thing you are doing with your statements about democrats. Lumping us all together as Biden loving sycophants. 

DKW is an equal opportunity party basher. I have seen him rag on both parties a good bit. 

Problem is, around here half the crowd hates the ones that see both parties as bad. Both parties don't give a crap about the middle class. One tries to act like they care, but we get screwed anyways. Both are chock full of their own racists, one just hides it better and many on here don't realize that racism exists in many covert ways. Actions and policies go further than what someone says. 

Between the two sides, one seems to accept the ones that show disdain for both parties. While the other can't stand it. 

Both parties equally suck. They just suck at different things. But they are great at screwing us over. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

DKW is an equal opportunity party basher. I have seen him rag on both parties a good bit. 

Problem is, around here half the crowd hates the ones that see both parties as bad. Both parties don't give a crap about the middle class. One tries to act like they care, but we get screwed anyways. Both are chock full of their own racists, one just hides it better and many on here don't realize that racism exists in many covert ways. Actions and policies go further than what someone says. 

Between the two sides, one seems to accept the ones that show disdain for both parties. While the other can't stand it. 

Both parties equally suck. They just suck at different things. But they are great at screwing us over. 

You aren’t wrong with any of this, except that the dems do pass legislation that help out the middle class every once and a blue moon. Which you kinda alluded too so I guess your aren’t really wrong. 

There’s a reason I have written multiple papers in school about reforming the two party system into a multi party system. 

two party system is just plain broken. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Didba said:

Hah, no. Liberals have been espousing electoral reform in the manner I described for much longer than the “forward” party has existed. All the way back to the 1870s. 

further conservative politicians will never support the abolishment of the electoral college as they would ever elect another president under the current system and under a multiparty proportional system both Democratic and Republican Party would cease to exist as we currently know them. 

AND that is why we need it now. To end the 2 s*** show parties we have now.

• Like 3