Election deniers damage U.S. reputation on the world stage, Harris says

Auburn85

1 minute ago, AU9377 said:

Anyone that pretends that statements of a few individuals after the 2016 election are somehow equivalent to an organized effort to install fake electors in order to change the results of the 2020 election and violently storming a joint session of congress in an attempt to halt the certification of the 2020 election.

OK, well I guess your people lied to the FISA court to get 4 warrants to begin spying on a Presidential candidate, then maintained that spying while he was President and did everything in their power to disrupt his administration.  We will leave it to history to say which group was worse.  My bet is on your people!!!  

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, AU9377 said:

To be very clear, my comment was addressing exactly what I intended for it to address. 

No doubt, thus my response.

There are many in this country that, while they are not themselves senile, are challenged when it comes to filtering fact from propaganda.  It is much easier to simply accept what their chosen talking heads promote as being fact and stubbornly refuse to consider any point of view that differs from that well rooted and repeated company line.

Many simply don't have the self confidence & energy necessary to question what they are told to believe, while others are simply lazy and prefer the daily spoon feeding of sugar coated nonsense. 

Correct and that doesn't remotely end at Fox. But that you point to them and only them proves my point and unfortunately yours. 

You can do you.  I will graciously grant you try after try, as you granted me above.

As if that was ever in question. ;)

6 hours ago, homersapien said:

Trump is running for president again on the same basis the 2020 election was bogus.

Is he running? You 100% sure? 

More importantly most Republicans believe him. There are many Republican nominees that actually ran on the fact they support this lie.

Many do believe there was funny business that took place in the name of COVID rules. Hard to argue some of the findings and I don't particularly call them lies. 

So your point he's not currently president is moot. 

Nope.

Also many "red" states have elected election deniers in positions of authority to control the election process or have tried to modify state rules to allow for "alternative" electoral representatives elected by Republican-dominated state legislatures.  Their intentions are obvious.

It is important that all citizens have trust in the election process. And yes, that is obvious.

That's not a mere "distraction" it's a reflection of how our democracy has already been weakened by Trump.

That's the "present reality".

Many reasons our democracy has been weakened. Trump owns a share, but is far from the only culprit. One only needs to purview nightly news to see the distraction. And yes, that is present reality.

• Facepalm 1