Pull the Trigger

AUDub

3 minutes ago, EagleEye67 said:

Morality aside, I'm deeply skeptical that Urbs is a home-run hire anymore.  His glory days are now almost twenty years ago, and his NFL stint was an epic dumpster fire.    I see no evidence that he's any more prepared to excel in the NIL era that others we have discussed...and he would demand the GNP of a South American country to come here.

I'd put Prime ahead of Urbs, by far, if we are going to 'YOLO' on a coaching hire...and its not even close.

His glory days were almost 20 years ago? Lol what? He won 10 games or more every year at Ohio state and lost 9 games in 7 years. His last year was 2018. Hardly 20 years ago. He’s still only 58. He would dominate like he’s always done at the college level.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

His glory days were almost 20 years ago? Lol what? He won 10 games or more every year at Ohio state and lost 9 games in 7 years. His last year was 2018. Hardly 20 years ago. He’s still only 58. He would dominate like he’s always done at the college level.

Fair enough, was going on dim memory.   My mistake, sorry.

Still feel the same about the rest.  Your mileage may vary.  :)

is it basketball season yet?

Edited by EagleEye67

1 hour ago, sevenlee36 said:

Play that clip about needing a Dog.

Thats what we need. We need DAWG not not no kitty kats. A DAWG.

U can have that dawg in ya, and still be at least somewhat likable lol

Secondly, a "dawg" doesn't run with an excuse every time there's adversity 

Edited by Maverick.AU
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

U can have that dawg in ya, and still be at least somewhat likable lol

Secondly, a "dawg" doesn't run with an excuse every time there's adversity 

Winning breeds likeability!!! We should try it in football!! I would love to actually like one of our football coaches for once!!! 😂😂

• Like 1

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Winning breeds likeability!!! We should try it in football!! I would love to actually like one of our football coaches for once!!! 😂😂

Yeah just look at Bruce Pearl. Don’t hear to many complaints about his past since he been winning! “Kind of hypocritical we are” - Yoga or Yoda quoted. Winning leads to short term memory on those questionable pasts.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

He and Bobby P are just soft imo, if things get tough, they're looking for an out. Which is why I have little respect for either.  If we can get a guy like pearl, for football, I think that's what we all want.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sevenlee36 said:

Yeah just look at Bruce Pearl. Don’t hear to many complaints about his past since he been winning! “Kind of hypocritical we are” - Yoga or Yoda quoted. Winning leads to short term memory on those questionable pasts.

Pearl wasn't looking for outs or having "medical issues", he got reprimanded for a dang bbq. He also was always a more personable guy with his personality

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Pearl wasn't looking for outs or having "medical issues", he got reprimanded for a dang bbq. He also was always a more personable guy with his personality

You want a personable guy find somebody who wants to sell you something (car dealership, realtor). You wanna win? Get-a-DAWG. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

He and Bobby P are just soft imo, if things get tough, they're looking for an out. Which is why I have little respect for either.  If we can get a guy like pearl, for football, I think that's what we all want.

I get why you think that of Urbs at Florida. He def bailed when things got tough at Florida. But things never got tough for him at Ohio state. He was killing it every season there. That was legitimate to me when he left Ohio state which was his dream job. He would still be winning 10-12 games every year there if he was still in Columbus.

Edited by GwillMac6

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I get why you think that of Urbs at Florida. He def bailed when things got tough at Florida. But things never got tough for him at Ohio state. He was killing it every season there. That was legitimate to me when he left Ohio state which was his dream job. He would still be winning 10-12 games every year there if he was still in Columbus.

Dude, I love you but cease and desist with the Urban Meyer talk. That dude is radioactive. He will never have a decent job in football again, just like Petrino. If he hadn’t left for Jax he would have eventually been run out of Columbus for cause because he violated a moral turpitude clause in his contract. His best hope for long-term employment related to coaching is the Center for Rehabilitation of Wayward Coaches that he starts with Petrino and Rick Pitino. STEP AWAY FROM THE DARK SIDE!!!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, fredst said:

Dude, I love you but cease and desist with the Urban Meyer talk. That dude is radioactive. He will never have a decent job in football again, just like Petrino. If he hadn’t left for Jax he would have eventually been run out of Columbus for cause because he violated a moral turpitude clause in his contract. His best hope for long-term employment related to coaching is the Center for Rehabilitation of Wayward Coaches that he starts with Petrino and Rick Pitino. STEP AWAY FROM THE DARK SIDE!!!!

So you’re saying there’s a way we could get out of paying a buyout?

• Haha 2

Urban, Freeze, Petrino, and I’ll proactively throw in Gruden.  1) they won’t be able to effectively recruit or attract a top staff 2) I’m totally, totally, totally   exhausted from negative drama 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

So you’re saying there’s a way we could get out of paying a buyout?

I hadn’t thought of this part of the equation 🤔…..

• Haha 1

I think realistically we are looking at an assistant looking for his first head coaching job.  There are good experienced SEC candidates. We need the next Kirby Smart.  We need to go ahead and do it. No advantage to waiting.

2 hours ago, sevenlee36 said:

Please don't not compare Bruce with Urban. Bruce doesn't kick his own players. Doesn't stick his hand down a woman's pants in public. Doesn't constantly throw his coaches and his players under the bus. Screw Urban Meyer. I am far from a prude but if we hire that POS I will not watch another Auburn football game.

Edited by tgrogan21
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Please don't not compare Bruce with Urban. Bruce doesn't kick his own players. Doesn't stick his hand down a woman's pants in public. Doesn't constantly throw his coaches and his players under the bus. Screw Urban Meyer. I am far from a prude but if we hire that POS I will not watch another Auburn football game.

Man I wish we’d hired him for sure now

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, fredst said:

I will not! Him and Pete Carroll are my all time favorite college football head coaches. You are crazy if you don’t think he will get another big time college job! Someone is going to take a chance on him. It all depends on him if he wants it. No one is going to care about his baggage he had with the jags. There have been things done far worse than him grinding on a  co Ed in his own Columbus restraunt tbh 😂😂 that’s a nothing burger when it comes to him getting another job. I doubt most fans even know of the drama he had with the jags. The only thing that went viral was the video of him and that chick. Lol did you just compare Bobby Petrino to him!? Petrino got his chance back at  the Ville Already but he blew it! He won’t get another power 5 job because he just flat out sucks! Not because he’s radioactive. 

• Dislike 2

8 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

I will gladly lose you as a fan and your viewing  if it ever meant we get a top 5 all time college head football head coach with Urbans credentials and resume. Thank you for your sacrifice!!! I’m not saying you are one of them but the people who would be fine with Hugh fuggin freeze but not Urban blow my mind. In the court of public opinion and what’s actually out in the open and known to casual fans Freeze has done far worse than Urban.

JUST. WIN. BABY!!!! By all means necessary. I’m sick of losing and sick of being apathetic for AU football again. I just want to win and watch exciting offensive football and chunk the ball all over the yard.

• Dislike 2

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

I will gladly lose you as a fan and your viewing  if it ever meant we get a top 5 all time college head football head coach with Urbans credentials and resume. Thank you for your sacrifice!!! I’m not saying you are one of them but the people who would be fine with Hugh fuggin freeze but not Urban blow my mind. In the court of public opinion and what’s actually out in the open and known to casual fans Freeze has done far worse than Urban.

JUST. WIN. BABY!!!! By all means necessary. I’m sick of losing and sick of being apathetic for AU football again. I just want to win and watch exciting offensive football and chunk the ball all over the yard.

The fact that you of all people are agreeing with a guy who compared Bruce with Urban is crazy. I'm glad that you want the POS but there are way better choices than Urban. Just look at EVERYTHING that went down with the Jags. It wasn't just him "grinding" against a co-ed (where you just ignore him putting his hand down her pants). He is god awful.

2 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

The fact that you of all people are agreeing with a guy who compared Bruce with Urban is crazy. I'm glad that you want the POS but there are way better choices than Urban. Just look at EVERYTHING that went down with the Jags. It wasn't just him "grinding" against a co-ed (where you just ignore him putting his hand down her pants). He is god awful.

Lol what? I never brought Bruce in to it. My opinion and stance is just solely on urban meyer alone. What does Bruce have to do with any of this? 

Edited by GwillMac6

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Lol what? I never brought Bruce in to it. My opinion and stance is just solely on urban meyer alone. What does Bruce have to do with any of this? 

You've been agreeing with everything sevenlee has posted. Who has tried to compare Bruce's past actions to Urban's. Which is some of the dumbest stuff I've ever seen. There's absolutely no comparison to the two.

I mean you even quoted one of my posts talking about the comparison.

Edited by tgrogan21

32 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Urban, Freeze, Petrino, and I’ll proactively throw in Gruden.  1) they won’t be able to effectively recruit or attract a top staff 2) I’m totally, totally, totally   exhausted from negative drama 

Oh gawwwwd We have a Gruden reference and sighting!?!? We really have become the new Tennessee!!! 😂😂

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

You've been agreeing with everything sevenlee has posted. Who has tried to compare Bruce's past actions to Urban's. Which is some of the dumbest stuff I've ever seen. There's absolutely no comparison to the two.

Sounds like he is trolling you more than anything because you are in your feelings about it. Get over it man. 

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2

3 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

I mean you even quoted one of my posts talking about the comparison.

I never said one thing about Bruce. The only thing I’m agreeing with Stone Cold avatar about is having that cold blooded killer instinct in wanting Urban Meyer. What!? There is no remote comparison of Bruuuuuuuceeee and Urban or Freeze. 

Edited by GwillMac6

Just now, DAG said:

Sounds like he is trolling you more than anything because you are in your feelings about it. Get over it man. 

Nah, don't think I will. People want to agree with some asinine comments I'm gonna call them out on it.

• Haha 2