Has there ever been a less principled group of folks

TexasTiger

Current Tennessee Congressman, DesJarlais

In October 2012 the Huffington Post obtained a transcript of a September 2000 phone conversation in which DesJarlais pressured a mistress to get an abortion.[42][43] He repeatedly denied that he had taped the conversation. In October he wrote to supporters on Facebook, "The media wrongly reported that I recorded the conversation myself. I was recorded unknowingly and without my consent."[44] Nine days before the general election a second woman said that she began dating DesJarlais while she was his patient. She alleged that the two smoked marijuana together and that he prescribed opioids for her while she was at his house.[45][46]

Two weeks after DesJarlais won the 2012 election, the Chattanooga Times Free Press obtained a full transcript of his 2001 divorce proceedings.[47] The transcript revealed that he had admitted under oath to at least six sexual relationships with people he came in contact with while chief of staff at Grandview Medical Center in Jasper, Tennessee. Among them were three co-workers, two patients and a drug representative.[48] The transcript also revealed that his former wife had had two abortions,[48][49][50] and that DesJarlais had admitted under oath that he and his former wife had recorded the phone conversation with the mistress.[44] "One of the biggest mistakes I made was I commented to the press before I had the opportunity to go back and read a transcript that was 13, 14 years old," he said in an interview with the Knoxville News Sentinel. "It was never my intention to mislead anyone, and had I read this, I don't think the inaccuracies that occurred would have taken place."[44]

Three weeks after he won the election, DesJarlais said on a conservative talk radio show on WWTN that "God has forgiven me" and asked "fellow Christians" and constituents "to consider doing the same."[51]

Despite his public opposition to legal abortion, DesJarlais encouraged his ex-wife to terminate two pregnancies and encouraged a former patient with whom he was having an affair to get an abortion.[63]

It's not an issue for those who are making it an issue.

16 hours ago, homersapien said:

Hell, that's the way they received Trump, who is far worse than Herschel Walker

plus they said he was sent by god...........

• Like 1

On 10/4/2022 at 8:46 PM, icanthearyou said:

Current Tennessee Congressman, DesJarlais

In October 2012 the Huffington Post obtained a transcript of a September 2000 phone conversation in which DesJarlais pressured a mistress to get an abortion.[42][43] He repeatedly denied that he had taped the conversation. In October he wrote to supporters on Facebook, "The media wrongly reported that I recorded the conversation myself. I was recorded unknowingly and without my consent."[44] Nine days before the general election a second woman said that she began dating DesJarlais while she was his patient. She alleged that the two smoked marijuana together and that he prescribed opioids for her while she was at his house.[45][46]

Two weeks after DesJarlais won the 2012 election, the Chattanooga Times Free Press obtained a full transcript of his 2001 divorce proceedings.[47] The transcript revealed that he had admitted under oath to at least six sexual relationships with people he came in contact with while chief of staff at Grandview Medical Center in Jasper, Tennessee. Among them were three co-workers, two patients and a drug representative.[48] The transcript also revealed that his former wife had had two abortions,[48][49][50] and that DesJarlais had admitted under oath that he and his former wife had recorded the phone conversation with the mistress.[44] "One of the biggest mistakes I made was I commented to the press before I had the opportunity to go back and read a transcript that was 13, 14 years old," he said in an interview with the Knoxville News Sentinel. "It was never my intention to mislead anyone, and had I read this, I don't think the inaccuracies that occurred would have taken place."[44]

Three weeks after he won the election, DesJarlais said on a conservative talk radio show on WWTN that "God has forgiven me" and asked "fellow Christians" and constituents "to consider doing the same."[51]

Despite his public opposition to legal abortion, DesJarlais encouraged his ex-wife to terminate two pregnancies and encouraged a former patient with whom he was having an affair to get an abortion.[63]

It's not an issue for those who are making it an issue.

The absolute consistency in these Faux Christians hiding their despicable ways is just crazy. He admitted to 6 affairs? Screwing patients? This guy has neither religious nor secular moral or character standards. NONE.

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 1

And Walker still hasn't lost any support in the Republican side of polls, even with the admission of abortion. His opponent is Warnock... a literal pastor. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUDynasty said:

And Walker still hasn't lost any support in the Republican side of polls, even with the admission of abortion. His opponent is Warnock... a literal pastor. 

oh yeah. 

most Republicans would vote for Satan himself over a Democrat, but I think the main hope is that, like in Alabama with Roy Moore, the bad character is enough to keep just enough Republicans home from the polls that it benefits the Dem. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger

8 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

oh yeah. 

most Republicans would vote for the Satan himself over a Democrat, but I think the main hope is that, like in Alabama with Roy Moore, the bad character is enough to keep enough Republicans home from the polls that it benefits the Dem. 

I agree. I think I'm just bewildered by the current state of politics today. Moore had that pedophile accusations against him that were just barely enough to propel Jones to a win. Even though we all are living in it especially with Trump's presidency, it still blows my mind how Republicans can "do nothing wrong" in eyes of their supporters and still amass a sizeable portion of electoral base. I still remember when Edwards's candidacy for the presidency sank after the affair. And suddenly Trump with at least 20 sexual harassment allegations and has been quoted saying "grab them by the ...." is considered the second coming of Jesus. It's just sad. 

Edited by AUDynasty
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, AUDynasty said:

I agree. I think I'm just bewildered by the current state of politics today. Moore had that pedophile accusations against him that were just barely enough to propel Jones to a win. Even though we all are living in it especially with Trump's presidency, it still blows my mind how Republicans can "do nothing wrong" in eyes of their supporters and still amass a sizeable portion of electoral base. I still remember when Edwards's candidacy for the presidency sank after the affair. And suddenly Trump with at least 20 sexual harassment allegations and has been quoted saying "grab them by the ...." is considered the second coming of Jesus. It's just sad. 

People say "Both parties are the same" 

But they really aren't. Democrats aren't perfect by any means and there are terrible people out there in the Democratic party, but by and large you can be fairly confident that when/if their misdeeds are uncovered they will be forced out of the party and/or lose their elections, but in large organizations you'll always have a few bad eggs that slip through the cracks and benefit from corruption. 

Republicans though... literally have NO standards at all in terms of character, intelligence, or temperament for their political candidates. Republicans have to SAY all the right things, but they never have to live out their own stated values personally.

As long as you SAY you're a Christian, you don't actually have to act like a Christian or even actually be one.

As long as you SAY you're against abortion, it doesn't matter if you've had or paid for them in the past...as long as you say you'll vote against allow other people to get them.

As long as you SAY you're for family values it doesn't matter how many divorces you've had, how many times you've cheated, or whether you have an open marriage or not. As long as you hate the Gays and trans. 

As long as you SAY you're for personal responsibility, it doesn't matter if you yourself have always blamed others for your problems and failures and never take responsibility yourself. 

As long as you SAY you're a great businessman it doesn't matter if you lie about your success or how many bankruptcy's you've gone through. 

As long as you SAY you tell the truth...you don't actually have to tell the truth....and anyone in the media who factchecks you will be dismissed as "liberal bias"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

What do y’all think about John Fetterman?  He’s running for senate in Pennsylvania who recently had a stroke that he is working through.  He can not make it 15 minutes at a press conference as his brain just can’t handle it.  He may work out of it, but there is no guarantee.  So with his obvious short coming; would he be the best to be a US Senator with being mentally diminished?  Or would he be included in the DEI community and praised for his diversity and inclusion because of his mental issues?

• Facepalm 1

26 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

What do y’all think about John Fetterman?  He’s running for senate in Pennsylvania who recently had a stroke that he is working through.  He can not make it 15 minutes at a press conference as his brain just can’t handle it.  He may work out of it, but there is no guarantee.  So with his obvious short coming; would he be the best to be a US Senator with being mentally diminished?  Or would he be included in the DEI community and praised for his diversity and inclusion because of his mental issues?

Yeah, Pennsylvania doesn't have a great choice. 

A man trying to recover from a stroke with some questionable work ethic vs a carpetbagging, celebrity, snake oil salesman that has no ideas and is only in the race for publicity. 

Fetterman has the edge in experience and policy, but his health issues are a concern no doubt. 

7 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Yeah, Pennsylvania doesn't have a great choice. 

A man trying to recover from a stroke with some questionable work ethic vs a carpetbagging, celebrity, snake oil salesman that has no ideas and is only in the race for publicity. 

Fetterman has the edge in experience and policy, but his health issues are a concern no doubt. 

It actually parallels the Georgia Senate race as Warnock is a snake oil salesman.

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

It actually parallels the Georgia Senate race as Warnock is a snake oil salesman.

???

Walker has also, to date, falsely claimed to be an FBI agent; said he graduated valedictorian from the University of Georgia, when in fact he didn’t graduate at all; falsely claimed to have started a breaded-chicken empire; and, perhaps most ridiculously, insisted that Donald Trump has never said the 2020 election was stolen.

And this doesn't include lying for paying an abortion.

You can read about it here.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, AUDynasty said:

???

Walker has also, to date, falsely claimed to be an FBI agent; said he graduated valedictorian from the University of Georgia, when in fact he didn’t graduate at all; falsely claimed to have started a breaded-chicken empire; and, perhaps most ridiculously, insisted that Donald Trump has never said the 2020 election was stolen.

And this doesn't include lying for paying an abortion.

You can read about it here.

Yes, Fetterman is a lying POS and Warnock is a preacher, but with some interesting concepts to his worshiping as he supports Farrakhan.

• Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

You are a wonderful example of a christian conservative.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

As long as you SAY you're a Christian, you don't actually have to act like a Christian or even actually be one.

As long as you SAY you're against abortion, it doesn't matter if you've had or paid for them in the past...as long as you say you'll vote against allow other people to get them.

As long as you SAY you're for family values it doesn't matter how many divorces you've had, how many times you've cheated, or whether you have an open marriage or not. As long as you hate the Gays and trans. 

As long as you SAY you're for personal responsibility, it doesn't matter if you yourself have always blamed others for your problems and failures and never take responsibility yourself. 

As long as you SAY you're a great businessman it doesn't matter if you lie about your success or how many bankruptcy's you've gone through. 

As long as you SAY you tell the truth...you don't actually have to tell the truth....and anyone in the media who factchecks you will be dismissed as "liberal bias"

And as long as you won the NC and Heisman while playing for the Dawgs in GA

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Although it largely depends on what part of the brain was affected, I'd take someone recovering from a stroke over a sociopath every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

• Like 1

The stuff pouring out tonight is awful. 

Herschel Walker is a bad human being. That is all. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

you always change the narrative or deflect or a whataboutism. i see exactly what you are doing.

my opinion is they are using herschel and if he loses they will turn their back on him and drop him like a hot potato.

• Like 1