Matt Rhule should be #1 on our List

AUinMS9528

2 hours ago, Auburnguy101 said:

Most coaches nowadays are crap shoots. There are very few coaches that would be considered sure fire. Lincoln Riley was when he was at Oklahoma. Smart was Saban’s right hand man, people knew he was going to be really good. Brian Kelly had  a great record at Cincinnati and made Notre Dame relevant again. Other than those hires, it’s really a crap shoot. That’s why me and others are clamoring for Deion. All things being equal, go for the guy who is an elite recruiter and can attract the most talent. Having experience doesn’t mean anything nowadays. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is the definition of insanity. Auburn continues to hire the same coaches with the same backgrounds and it’s gotten us nowhere consistently. Yes, we’ll have those special seasons, but those are every 5-6 years sandwiched between mediocre seasons. I don’t know about you, but I’m tired of the rollercoaster seasons. Go get Deion and see what he can do, it’s not like we’ll regret missing out on these other coaches who will probably flame out in 4 years anyways…

There are several proven Head coaches out there that could turn Auburn around.  The problem is would Auburn be willing to go after them and would they even come to auburn.   Most of the people on here don’t want them and dismiss them right on the spot.  

26 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

There are several proven Head coaches out there that could turn Auburn around.  The problem is would Auburn be willing to go after them and would they even come to auburn.   Most of the people on here don’t want them and dismiss them right on the spot.  

To whom are u referring 

On 10/12/2022 at 11:54 PM, milehighfan said:

I'm really concerned about just who will be hired. It's not like they've come back with future HOF coaches. And please, please, please, don't name the university after him because he has ONE good year.

Would it be Sanders University or University of Sanders? I'd like for the recruits to get it right. 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Would it be Sanders University or University of Sanders? I'd like for the recruits to get it right. 

In the long run, winning institutions always outlive personalities. It’s about having having the confidence to not worry about giving credit to who helps you get there.

12 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

In the long run, winning institutions always outlive personalities. It’s about having having the confidence to not worry about giving credit to who helps you get there.

200.gif

3 minutes ago, gr82be said:

200.gif

Seen it. If you need a fresh condescending, belittling gif I might be able to help get you one😇

We respectfully disagree.

To be me, Matt Rhule is the closest thing to Bruce Pearl that’s out there. He’s a program builder. He’s an immediate hit with the media and will bring positive publicity to Auburn. My only question is recruiting.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Seen it. If you need a fresh condescending, belittling gif I might be able to help get you one😇

We respectfully disagree.

The fact that you took my first point seriously enough to respond the way you did was surprising, hence the gif. If you've watched even a small percentage of commitment videos then I think you could see the reference in my post. It was a joke. 

Edited by gr82be
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

To whom are u referring 

I think the names are obvious and have been mentioned numerous times.   At the end of the day, I don’t think a lot of people that are brought up even matter because  they wouldn’t even come  to Auburn.   It’s like people on here want and think Deion would be the answer to all the issues at Auburn.  Personally, I don’t think he would even come to Auburn if asked.   

If the criteria for selecting the next guy is proven history, creativity, experience and SEC familiarity, then the first call should be to Urban Meyer.  When he says no, Lane Kiffin.   After he gets his raise at Ole Miss and turns us down, The  call will be to Freeze and he will accept the job.   I believe Freeze (if he can get the backing and stay out of trouble) will have Auburn consistently winning 9 games a year and occasionally winning the West and SeC championship.   If that’s not enough for people in the Auburn family, then you aren’t being realistic.    Teams are too good and are only going to get better when OU and Texas get to the conference.    Auburn has never and will never have a run of dominance like Alabama has done, and to me is not realistic.    It doesn’t mean that I wouldn’t like to have a run like that, history tells me it won’t happen. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

I think the names are obvious and have been mentioned numerous times.   At the end of the day, I don’t think a lot of people that are brought up even matter because  they wouldn’t even come  to Auburn.   It’s like people on here want and think Deion would be the answer to all the issues at Auburn.  Personally, I don’t think he would even come to Auburn if asked.   

If the criteria for selecting the next guy is proven history, creativity, experience and SEC familiarity, then the first call should be to Urban Meyer.  When he says no, Lane Kiffin.   After he gets his raise at Ole Miss and turns us down, The  call will be to Freeze and he will accept the job.   I believe Freeze (if he can get the backing and stay out of trouble) will have Auburn consistently winning 9 games a year and occasionally winning the West and SeC championship.   If that’s not enough for people in the Auburn family, then you aren’t being realistic.    Teams are too good and are only going to get better when OU and Texas get to the conference.    Auburn has never and will never have a run of dominance like Alabama has done, and to me is not realistic.    It doesn’t mean that I wouldn’t like to have a run like that, history tells me it won’t happen. 

Can we please stop the Freeze thing? Just on the field stuff, he is average at best. He’s Gus with a passing scheme. He was 1-3 against Gus and even with all of the cheating he did he still won nothing. Also, he had and continues to have bad losses. I mean, he had an NFL QB but still went 8-5. If he didn’t beat UAT twice none of you would want him. Can we raise our standards to more than “he can beat Bammer”? I mean, bring Gus back if that’s the case. Then, off the field, he’s just a terrible person. So, no, please drop this facade that he’s some great coach when in reality he is nothing close to that…

• Like 1

Watched Texas vs. Iowa State so I didn't have to suffer thru Auburn Ole Miss. I'm really impressed with Iowa State's coach, Matt Campbell. Beat Texas 3 in a row, and it would have been 4 today if their superstar WR wouldn't have dropped a wide open TD pass with 2 minutes left.  If you can build a good program at Iowa State, you are one hell of a coach.

• Love 1

14 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

Watched Texas vs. Iowa State so I didn't have to suffer thru Auburn Ole Miss. I'm really impressed with Iowa State's coach, Matt Campbell. Beat Texas 3 in a row, and it would have been 4 today if their superstar WR wouldn't have dropped a wide open TD pass with 2 minutes left.  If you can build a good program at Iowa State, you are one hell of a coach.

Would not be Auburn's first theft from Iowa State.  Unlike the last one, this one would have a winning record.

29 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

I am pretty sure he has an insane buy out which is why no one wants to touch him

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

I am pretty sure he has an insane buy out which is why no one wants to touch him

Damn, even Iowa State has jumped into the insane buyout game?

2 hours ago, Strychnine said:

Would not be Auburn's first theft from Iowa State.  Unlike the last one, this one would have a winning record.

What was the other one, 5-19?. But I 'll bet no team lined up their helmets like the Cyclones when Chiz-Whiz was head coach.