For those that doubt Prime Time

Potatooooooes!!

34 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Greene had no idea Harsin would be the disaster he is......Had he known there's no way he would have hired him.

That is true for every hiring manager that hired a bad employee..but we can't go back in time and revise history.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

The same thing that happened to you being forbidden to react to me. Titan re-set the rules when he made his post several months ago about continued bickering. So far, continued bickering isn't what's been going on.

Credit to Greene, he intervened and saved Pearl's job at Auburn.

Not so hot for Greene, he hired Harsin.

As to people saying Greene wasn't responsible for hiring Harsin, that simply didn't happen. It was very well spelled out that Greene and Harsin met years earlier and when the job came open, Harsin was Greene's man. That statement was from Greene himself.

There were absolutely people who said he didn't on this forum

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AUwent said:

Kirby

If he wouldn't be a good coach at FSU, why would he be a good coach here?

Does he have problems with them I don't know about? I just can't see him turning them down otherwise.

If Prime were to get fired at AU, his thoughts, “Eh, I can go back to HBCU.”

If Prime were to get fired at FSU, it might break him emotionally as a HC. It would certainly damage his relationship with FSU at the very least.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Viper said:

If Prime were to get fired at AU, his thoughts, “Eh, I can go back to HBCU.”

If Prime were to get fired at FSU, it might break him emotionally as a HC. It would certainly damage his relationship with FSU at the very least.

Prime can handle that either way

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PoetTiger said:

Prime can handle that either way

I’m sure he can, but getting fired by your alma mater is not the same as getting fired by a different program. You’re not going to walk into your ex’s house a year later and there be hugs abound by everyone. If you get fired by any other program, there will never be a need to step back on that campus again.

On 10/25/2022 at 9:55 PM, yeaauburn said:

I think Dan Mullen could be successful at Auburn. He hasn't forgotten how to coach.    

Oh yes, the man who was just run out of Gainesville a season ago for his lackluster recruiting and inability to beat Georgia is just the guy to fix Auburn's lackluster recruiting and inability to beat Georgia. 

• Like 4

On 10/25/2022 at 7:36 AM, NWALA Tiger said:

Guys, the new coach is gonna be Danny Hugh Freeze.

strikeout.gif

0-2. 

Please don’t say Prime next.

• Haha 3

Reminder of the combined number of threads/posts prime has had over the past month. There will be a money/loyalty debate about kiffen,  whether freeze will split the base or is even still relevant, and whether the other candidates are just more of the same.

Theres always been a debate about Prime’s lack of P5 experience and AU “fit”concerns.  It’s been an elite potential vs big boy experience back and forth.

But just in terms of volumes of posts and excitement - he’s already pulverized the other candidates. By multiples. Yes, it could be fluff - but I’d argue it has huge real-world value that leads to something special.
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

These edits tho ...

Old school hat with flat brim, I like it.

I can't forgive a gold chain outside the collar on one side and inside on the other.  C'mon man!

Coach Prime is NOT going to Florida State.  After what happened with the number 1 recruit flipping , he is hated there.  His likeness is nowhere around the football program, nor is he in any of their programs or literature.  They praise Jalen Ramsey more than Dion Sanders.   FSU is not an option!

9 minutes ago, AUTrack said:

Coach Prime is NOT going to Florida State.  After what happened with the number 1 recruit flipping , he is hated there.  His likeness is nowhere around the football program, nor is he in any of their programs or literature.  They praise Jalen Ramsey more than Dion Sanders.   FSU is not an option!

Interesting point. Time will fix that, but i can see why they’d be grumpy. 

8 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:
he’s already pulverized the other candidates. By multiples. Yes, it could be fluff - but I’d argue it has huge real-world value that leads to something special.

Bruce has shown what happens when a *school* gets insanely amped up about a coach and his players. Deion would rival that on-campus buzz if not dwarf it. The sporting world would be unable to dismiss or ignore it. And the timing....I see no appetite for inside-the-box thinking on this anywhere, excpept from little pockets of people who warrant being ignored. He's probably not coming here, we understand this. But if I'm Auburn- I'm making it be because he just won't come. I'd be throwing everything I got trying to lure him in. I wouldn't be surprised to see the student body coming up with stunts to demonstrate in advance how his reception would be. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AUTrack said:

If he came to AU, would Travis Hunter follow him?

And for that matter, I wonder who else might be ready from JSU.

Edited by yngwie1995

9 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Reminder of the combined number of threads/posts prime has had over the past month. There will be a money/loyalty debate about kiffen,  whether freeze will split the base or is even still relevant, and whether the other candidates are just more of the same.

Theres always been a debate about Prime’s lack of P5 experience and AU “fit”concerns.  It’s been an elite potential vs big boy experience back and forth.
  But just in terms of volumes of posts and excitement - he’s already pulverized the other candidates. By multiples. Yes, it could be fluff - but I’d argue it has huge real-world value that leads to something special.

Not sure where you got this from. I love the "pulverized the other candidates. by multiples."

1 hour ago, AUTrack said:

Ehh, it was just one recruit, so I don't see him truly hated by FSU fans. BUT, agreed he has been nowhere around the football program. Def not like Bo is at AU or Peyton at TN. I realize he's been busy in the Fall for a long time, but I've never seen an image of him as an alum at a FSU game, not even the 2013 BCSCG.

55 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

Bruce has shown what happens when a *school* gets insanely amped up about a coach and his players. Deion would rival that on-campus buzz if not dwarf it. The sporting world would be unable to dismiss or ignore it.

100% agreed. Can you see Bruce and Prime locked arm and arm, both jacking the crowd to insanity? My God what a glorious sight that would be.

19 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Is it time we rename this thread “Is there anyone left that doubts prime time?”😇

Ohhhhhhhh the coyotes and hyenas are here... just look in the bushes.

• Haha 1