DL Zykeivous Walker no longer with team

Maverick.AU

Well shoot. I think that he was ranked pretty high when he signed. I remember being pretty excited about him as a player. 
Someone posted this about a week ago on rivals but nobody could confirm. I guess it is true.

Edited by gr82b4au

From that article: 

Of Auburn's top 10 signees in the 2020 class, only three are left on the roster.

Also it should be noted that he has a younger brother that is a five star linebacker

Oooooof that's not good, well I hope whoever the new coach is they will be able to hit the portal hard this year... SMH! Next year is gonna suck even worse then this year if not, can't blame that on the new coach though unless he is pulling a Harsin and just not recruiting. 

Edited by autiger88

34 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

From that article: 

Of Auburn's top 10 signees in the 2020 class, only three are left on the roster.

Also it should be noted that he has a younger brother that is a five star linebacker

I’m not far from Schley Co. I was told Harsin and Co we’re not interested in his little brother at all. Makes perfect sense. 

I saw him play last year. He just ran all over the field as RB. Best player on the field at all times and he was a freshman. 

8 minutes ago, woodford said:

I’m not far from Schley Co. I was told Harsin and Co we’re not interested in his little brother at all

Lord, fire him ASAP

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

Lord, fire him ASAP

It's unbelievable. Another local guy from a small school nearby, Tray Bishop 4* class of 17 was someone Auburn recruited but did not get. He went to UGA.

Someone sent me a pic of Gus on the sideline before one of his games in 2017. I didn't like Gus, but the dude would visit guys on Friday nights. I believe this was late August or so? Regardless. It's something Harsin didn't pick up on.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, woodford said:

Tray Bishop 4* class of 17 was someone Auburn recruited but did not get. He went to UGA.

Dodged a bullet on that one.  

• Like 1

It has been implied in other places that he just wasn't getting it and not playing to his potential.  Is that a development problem or player problem?  Who knows?  Hope there are lots of portal players available for the upcoming season because good or bad he was depth and we are seriously lacking it.

8 hours ago, woodford said:

It's unbelievable. Another local guy from a small school nearby, Tray Bishop 4* class of 17 was someone Auburn recruited but did not get. He went to UGA.

Someone sent me a pic of Gus on the sideline before one of his games in 2017. I didn't like Gus, but the dude would visit guys on Friday nights. I believe this was late August or so? Regardless. It's something Harsin didn't pick up on.

I went and watched Roc Thomas play 2 times when he was a senior in high school. Gus and Tim Horton (RB coach) were at both of those games. One of those games was against Florence High School in Florence, Al. and Auburn had a game the next day. 

No way in hell would Harsin do that.

• Like 3

Look at the “bright” side. Walker wasnt one of the select 5 DLinmen that have to play 99% of the snaps whether they can stand or not.

• Sad 3

See it's not that funny now once it hits what high school coaches can actually do to you when it comes to recruiting is it? 

Same guys that were laughing are now talking about their local high school programs 😂

• Like 2

18 hours ago, woodford said:

Yes, Harsin never picked up on things like recruiting and common sense.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, TeamZero77 said:

I went and watched Roc Thomas play 2 times when he was a senior in high school. Gus and Tim Horton (RB coach) were at both of those games. One of those games was against Florence High School in Florence, Al. and Auburn had a game the next day. 

No way in hell would Harsin do that.

Correct! He didn’t do it at Boise State either, but that didn’t stop Greene from hiring him.

Now the same boosters that didn’t want him hired but basically had to pay his salary, are going to be the same ones that have to pay his buyout and the new coaches salary.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

Yes, Harsin never picked up on things like recruiting and common sense.

Supposedly over the last week he has really picked things up. He even went to a few speaking engagements where other coaches on his staff were supposed to speak. 
Unfortunately it is too little too late.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Sizzle said:

This season just ain’t been fun at all man

It is shocking how many things are terrible within our football program at the moment.
We need hope. 

22 hours ago, woodford said:

I’m not far from Schley Co. I was told Harsin and Co we’re not interested in his little brother at all. Makes perfect sense. 

I saw him play last year. He just ran all over the field as RB. Best player on the field at all times and he was a freshman. 

duh, why would Harsin want somebody like that.  It's better to take no one at all than the best athlete on the field.

Always at the receiving end of sarcasm? Here's how to deal with it -  Hindustan Times

Edited by alabastertiger
  • Haha 1