Kiffen/Sanders

AuCivilEng1

Kiffin vs Sanders  

134 members have voted

1. 1. From what I’ve gathered, the overwhelming majority of the fan base wants one of these guys. At this point Auburn as a whole is going to be devastated if one of these two isn’t our coach next year.  My question is, if both are interested, how tf does Auburn choose? What a complicated yet delightful problem to have. My question is, if these are your two guys, who you picking and why 1 over the other?

My problem with Kiffen is I don't think he's worth what we'd pay to get him.

My problem with Deion is how good of a coach is he?  He's winning with talent at JSU.  What happens in the SEC when he maxes our talent out and then has to rely on coaching to get those 2 or 3 really hard wins a season?  I think he can figure it out with staffing, etc.  Just a concern I have, but he's still top of my list that nobody from Auburn has called to ask my opinion on.

My case for Deion:

1.  Deion should be a much more high value choice.  With buyouts, salary, etc. Kiffin is going to be very expensive!   Deion has basically no buyout, he should require less salary because of his experience and the fact that money doesn’t seem to be as big of a priority for him as others.   
2.  If we hire Kiffin, OM hires Deion and we’re watching what could’ve been while we lose recruits that we desperately need to build our program to a little sister of the SEC.   
3.  We’ve talked about the impact on recruiting.   No potential candidate is close to Deion in this category.   And I believe recruiting is the number one priority!   Gotta have the Jimmies and Joes to compete!
4.   One of the biggest things of all…the overall perception of our program is completely transformed!  We’re no longer the black sheep, the jealous little brother, or the administrative cluster with meddling boosters.   We become Prime Time on the Plains, a must watch event!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Freak said:

My problem with Kiffen is I don't think he's worth what we'd pay to get him.

My problem with Deion is how good of a coach is he?  He's winning with talent at JSU.  What happens in the SEC when he maxes our talent out and then has to rely on coaching to get those 2 or 3 really hard wins a season?  I think he can figure it out with staffing, etc.  Just a concern I have, but he's still top of my list that nobody from Auburn has called to ask my opinion on.

I’m with you on both.   I do think Deion can figure it out.   It’ll take a few years to adjust to this level, but yeah I think he will.  He will attract top notch coaches and support personnel to help him make it happen.   And secondly, even if he doesn’t figure it out and we’re losing those 2-3 games a year, I would gladly take 9 and 10 win seasons every year!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUinMS9528 said:

I’m with you on both.   I do think Deion can figure it out.   It’ll take a few years to adjust to this level, but yeah I think he will.  He will attract top notch coaches and support personnel to help him make it happen.   And secondly, even if he doesn’t figure it out and we’re losing those 2-3 games a year, I would gladly take 9 and 10 win seasons every year!!!

I think he would probably stay with existing staff. Just my gut.

7 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I think he would probably stay with existing staff. Just my gut.

He can bring Brewster and Thurman ALL DAY LONG!!!!   Obviously, I would want him to keep Caddy on staff!   I’m not sure what I think about JSU’s OC.   He comes from the Air Raid school.  That’s a strong coaching tree.   I haven’t seen them play, I’ve only seen stats.   So, I’m firmly undecided on him.   I would also be in full support of anyone Thurman wants on his defensive staff.   That dude knows defense!   He’s been a successful DC at many levels including the NFL.  This year JSU has allowed 90+ fewer points than anyone in the SWAC!!!   Sure, they’re more talented than anyone else, but also JSU was a bottom half SWAC team when Coach Prime and Thurman arrived 2 1/2 years ago, so the improvement is at an epic level! 

On 11/3/2022 at 9:32 AM, gr82b4au said:

I just hope the guy in charge is actually choosing between those two guys. That would be the first time in Auburn history that we did something this amazing when hiring a football coach

just once I want to see it happen 

We actually have an Athletics Director with a ton of SEC experience, to include SEC coaching experience.

If it comes down to money, we have to decide, do we want to pay out money for buyouts, or pay out money for a good experienced coach!

Two points - can you just imagine having Bruce Pearl and Deion Sanders coaching at Auburn together…Omg!!!

Saban is a GREAT recruiter and has a great coaching staff! A CEO! Exactly what Coach Prime would be!!!

Come on Auburn - Dont miss on this!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

We actually have an Athletics Director with a ton of SEC experience, to include SEC coaching experience.

If it comes down to money, we have to decide, do we want to pay out money for buyouts, or pay out money for a good experienced coach!

Oh my that is a great point that I have not thought about. 

• Like 1