Kiffen/Sanders

AuCivilEng1

Kiffin vs Sanders  

134 members have voted

1. 1. From what I’ve gathered, the overwhelming majority of the fan base wants one of these guys. At this point Auburn as a whole is going to be devastated if one of these two isn’t our coach next year.  My question is, if both are interested, how tf does Auburn choose? What a complicated yet delightful problem to have. My question is, if these are your two guys, who you picking and why 1 over the other?

18 hours ago, WarTim said:

It will be Kiffin or Freeze. SEC experience trumps all. JMHO 

I kinda like NFL HOF, college HOF, two pro sport, always dominated at anything he's done, and continues to do so- which bests the hell out of SEC experience.

I'll take Porsche over Chevy if you want to get there way quicker,  and the ride will be a lot more fun. No more Gus Bus or Lane Train. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Honestly that would be the best home run of all home runs but I don’t think he’s coming back to the SEC to start over. That is an urban legend. 
Of course all this talk about De and kif is shooting for the moon too. 

Uban Meyer- Right-  no negative history there, nope,  can't hardly think of anything.....

18 hours ago, woodford said:

If you’re a HS recruit and you’ve never heard of Lane then you’re an idiot who has no business playing at the highest level. 

Deion has grown on me but everything surrounding him is hype. That’s a red flag. How’s that hype going to do if Auburn goes 6-6 next year and it’s clear his scheme isn’t working? Is he just going to be a commercial that coaches? 

There are no definite yes candidates. All these rumored coaches have serious issues that need to addressed. And for some reason Auburn seems to have zero interest in going after proven HC’s who check all the boxes like Fickell or Urban. 

Recruits knowing who Joey Frshwater is, is not important. It's who they would rush to come play for- that would be Prime Time  a thousand times over, vs LK.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, WarEagleT said:

Recruits knowing who Joey Frshwater is, is not important. It's who they would rush to come play for- that would be Prime Time  a thousand times over, vs LK.

That’s quite a stretch. If you’re a 5* QB who do you think you’ll want to learn under? 

The idea that every recruit would worship the ground that Deion walks on is an odd development and frankly not true. 

• Like 1

If its Coach Sanders we will know by Nov 21st.  

He is not to excited about the FCS playoffs - sounds like he'd rather play in the Celebration Bowl which is interesting.  Things that make you go hmmmm .....

"I’m happy with the Celebration Bowl," Sanders said. "I’m enthusiastic with the Celebration Bowl. The Celebration Bowl, what they do for us financially is far greater than what the FCS college (playoffs) could do for you. 

"I don’t know if we have the resources to travel consistently for three weeks or however long it would take to be the champions of that."

https://footballscoop.com/news/what-happens-in-fcs-if-deion-sanders-jackson-state-finish-off-unbeaten-regular-season

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, WarEagleT said:

Uban Meyer- Right-  no negative history there, nope,  can't hardly think of anything.....

Well all of the candidates have some issues, but he is the only one that checks ALL of the coaching boxes 

won 3 national titles

recruits like crazy

knows the south (sec)

He is a bad person. From a coaching standpoint he has everything in everyone. Of course Auburn is not interested so this is a moot point. 

39 minutes ago, woodford said:

That’s quite a stretch. If you’re a 5* QB who do you think you’ll want to learn under? 

The idea that every recruit would worship the ground that Deion walks on is an odd development and frankly not true. 

As far as QB’s , who they want to play for would probably depend greatly on who his OC/QB coach/coaches

25 minutes ago, woodford said:

Nope, Prime would pull far more interest among top recruits they your chosen Laney K. QB's included.  Check your social media, See what the Twitter buzz is among recruits saying they would love to come to AU if Prime comes. His son will likely be a solid Pro prospect by the time he finishes at Jackson State. He was offered by Bammer, Fla, Ga, and LSU. With that much cred and potential, he chose to go play for his pop, after initally committing to FAU.

Top quote last week: "I'm your Coach (today) not your Dad". 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Auburn Tiger said:

No. Allen Greene got us Harsin. Stop the Steele didn’t say “hire Harsin.” And there is no indication that Greene acted based on a social media frenzy. 

Stop the Steele was basically telling *those in power* (as you put it) that we wanted our AD to make the decision to hire the next coach and not have some other entity have a back room deal with Steele.  I was all for it as I wanted the responsibility to fall to the AD’s office.  It did and Greene hired Harsin and paid the price for it.  So, in essence, stoping Steele from being our coach after Gus, lead to Greene having full autonomy to hire whoever he wanted.  The writing was on the wall with regard to Greene when our insiders said Greene would not be retained.  That was our first clue *those in power* were not thrilled with Harsin and the February investigation was the 2nd clue (not sure which came first).

Greene obviously didn’t act based on social media because no one was clamoring for Harsin.  So why would you think *those in power* would listen to the social media frenzy now?

3 hours ago, AUY2K said:

If its Coach Sanders we will know by Nov 21st.  

He is not to excited about the FCS playoffs - sounds like he'd rather play in the Celebration Bowl which is interesting.  Things that make you go hmmmm .....

"I’m happy with the Celebration Bowl," Sanders said. "I’m enthusiastic with the Celebration Bowl. The Celebration Bowl, what they do for us financially is far greater than what the FCS college (playoffs) could do for you. 

"I don’t know if we have the resources to travel consistently for three weeks or however long it would take to be the champions of that."

https://footballscoop.com/news/what-happens-in-fcs-if-deion-sanders-jackson-state-finish-off-unbeaten-regular-season

They don’t have the resources to travel 3 weeks? Lmao 

• Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, WarEagleT said:

Nope, Prime would pull far more interest among top recruits they your chosen Laney K. QB's included.  Check your social media, See what the Twitter buzz is among recruits saying they would love to come to AU if Prime comes. His son will likely be a solid Pro prospect by the time he finishes at Jackson State. He was offered by Bammer, Fla, Ga, and LSU. With that much cred and potential, he chose to go play for his pop, after initally committing to FAU.

Top quote last week: "I'm your Coach (today) not your Dad". 

Offered by Georgia but committed to FAU? Hmm ok. 

Most opinions on Prime are pure speculation. That’s perfectly fine and I get it but it’s speculation. But if we hired him I’d be all in. 

Why are folks getting so worked up about a long shot. I would be very surprised (pleasantly surprised though) if Auburn were to land either one of them. A big step up from where we've been. We old guys want a quick turn around. We may not have enough years for the long term fix.  WDE!!

2 hours ago, woodford said:

2 hours ago, woodford said:

Why are you laughing your ass off? You don’t understand some of those HBCU’s have athletic budgets comparable to 5A high school teams.  That’s why it’s so admirable that Prime will wash uniforms and cut the grass if needed, and beg corporate sponsors to upgrade facilities, to give those kids a better experience. You sound like naive white privilege. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, WarEagleT said:

Why are you laughing your ass off? You don’t understand some of those HBCU’s have athletic budgets comparable to 5A high school teams.  That’s why it’s so admirable that Prime will wash uniforms and cut the grass if needed, and beg corporate sponsors to upgrade facilities, to give those kids a better experience. You sound like naive white privilege. 

He also donates his salary back to the University I understand.

Deion, because if we hire Lane. That means Ole Miss is without a coach. Then they will end up hiring Deion, and we will be left with the “what ifs”. First move should be to make Deion say no. It really is not that difficult. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

He also donates his salary back to the University I understand.

Yep all or part, I’m not sure- but to make fun of him pointing out that traveling to playoff games would be a financial strain, is just showing disrespect for why he came there.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, TXaubie said:

Deion, because if we hire Lane. That means Ole Miss is without a coach. Then they will end up hiring Deion, and we will be left with the “what ifs”. First move should be to make Deion say no. It really is not that difficult. 

This.

CDS will bring in a great staff along with the top players!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

‪I am cooling on Kiffin. I’m not sure he will come in an embrace Auburn, not really sure he will say War Eagle. I’m not sure he will bring in the emotion, the excitement, the enthusiasm that Auburn needs. Listen to him. He is really rather boring! Prime is what Auburn needs by 1,000,000. I hope we dont miss on him!‬

• Like 1

You have to go Prime IMO. Kiffen would be a solid, maybe even homerun hire, but the biggest thing hurting us right now and for the last several years is roster...Jimmies and Joes. Sure, Kiffen could build us up quickly in the portal, but Prime could slam dunk the portal and HS recruiting. Instant name recognition. 

He would also likely be cheaper than Kiffen which would allow us to spend more on staff. Bring in the best support staff and let him grow on the job as a HC with ELITE talent. 

I also think it about time AU had a black head coach. He is a leader of men, a molder of young men, an inspiration, a disciplinarian, and one HELL of a resume for parents who have kids with aspiring NFL dreams. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, TXaubie said:

Completely agree and was about to post this point until I saw you made it. 

Who will recruit better, Kiffin at Auburn or Sanders at Ole Miss? Someone in the SEC is going to make a run at Deion at some point. If this seemingly likely scenario plays out, we're likely looking at a #4 in the SEC recruiting rankings (best case) and we'd be behind Ole Miss.

I get that Deion lacks the coaching experience, but Auburn has been lacking in both coaching and recruiting for several years now. Deion at least will solve recruiting with 100% certainty.

• Like 1