Auburn is back on the national stage.

AuCivilEng1

Coach Prime may not be the long term answer, but I believe he’s who Auburn needs right now. He would electrify the Auburn fan base, give Auburn their SWAG back, boost NIL, take recruiting to heights it’s never seen before, and put Auburn in the prime time spotlight of the national media. 

Bruce Pearl has been Auburn’s greatest advocate in the realm of marketing. But even Bruce wouldn’t compare to the national exposure and marketing that Prime Time would give Auburn.

FYI - I think Kiffin is the best coaching option, but I’m unbelievably anxious to see what kind of coaching staff that Prime could put together. 

• Like 2

I had lunch with a large CEO yesterday. He is a big-time supporter of the SWAC. He told me that, if Sanders goes to Auburn, he will become an Auburn fan with his money not far away.

• Like 5

On 11/4/2022 at 1:10 PM, gr82b4au said:

They need to sit all of the power brokers at Auburn down and have them watch this one clip.

Then have them listen to the audio from Tony Franklin yesterday.

Auburn could be a freaking powerhouse and be relevant instantly if they hired one of these two guys. 

Yes, definitely!! We got to get Deion to change things around here!

5 hours ago, Mikey said:

He has limited coaching experience period and none of it is anywhere close to being at a P5 program.

Of course that is no guarantee either. Case in point is Jimbo Fisher at TAMU who has years of coaching at a major conference level. He just lost his 5th SEC game in a row in a beatdown by Florida today. The thing to do is be analytical about the different categories, list the pros and cons, then make a decision based on that. That's what I do.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

He'd electrify AU until the lossess started piling up. How does anybody even know if Sanders would take the Auburn job? He hasn't finished what he started at JSU and he certainly won't be swayed by money.

Exactly! I have no doubt he will recruit well. At the same time, why do people think he’s going to steal every five star from Sabin or Smart? Because he got one five star to commit to Jackson State?

The bigger unknown is: how will he coach at a pwr five school? How will he coach in the SEC? Everyone’s talking about his recruiting but how about his coaching?  Check Jimbo Fisher at Texas A&M.

All these great recruits he allegedly got at Jackson State, and he has five losses there. Just too many unknowns.

With Freeze, Kiffin or Stoops we pretty much know exactly what we are getting.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Exactly! I have no doubt he will recruit well. At the same time, why do people think he’s going to steal every five star from Sabin or Smart? Because he got one five star to commit to Jackson State?

The bigger unknown is: how will he coach at a pwr five school? How will he coach in the SEC? Everyone’s talking about his recruiting but how about his coaching?  Check Jimbo Fisher at Texas A&M.

All these great recruits he allegedly got at Jackson State, and he has five losses there. Just too many unknowns.

Just so I can clarify my thinking; which Stoops brother is in the conversation? And is he a real possibility?

16 minutes ago, au701948 said:

Just so I can clarify my thinking; which Stoops brother is in the conversation? And is he a real possibility?

Kentucky’s Mark Stoops; he’s been mentioned some, but not much. Turns out he actually interviewed for the job in 2020. So yes, we could’ve had Mark Stoops instead of Bryan Harsin.

Doesn’t appear he is at the top of the list, but if you want solid SEC experience, and someone who didn’t just rebuild a program but actually built a football program at Kentucky, with zero baggage, he would be the guy.

From what I read, looks like we’re leaning in the Kiffin direction. But I have no idea.

8 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

Hugh Freeze and his Liberty team just beat Arkansas. NOW what are we going to do ? ;D

My guess. We hire freeze. We get better for 2 years. Hit the same 8-9 win uga/ bama/lsu gus wall. Fire in 3-4 years. Start cycle again. It’s about elite 5* recruiting. And we just struggle with the concept.

2 hours ago, AU-24 said:

@AU-24 Hugh Freeze and his Liberty team just beat Arkansas. NOW what are we going to do ?    :-\

3 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

My guess. We hire freeze. We get better for 2 years. Hit the same 8-9 win uga/ bama/lsu gus wall. Fire in 3-4 years. Start cycle again. It’s about elite 5* recruiting. And we just struggle with the concept.

I'll have to say, Freeze did show his coaching ability in Arky game. I'm watching the MSU game and it's evident we need more talent in the roster. That has to be priority #1 imo.

26 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

I'll have to say, Freeze did show his coaching ability in Arky game. I'm watching the MSU game and it's evident we need more talent in the roster. That has to be priority #1 imo.

Yes. But theres 4-5 coaches that can get us back to beating the miss schools and arky. And we’ll feel better for 2 years. It’s the “5* wall” beyond that where we usually start firing coaches. Imo We’re so desperate and panicked right now - we’ll run back to what keeps us in the middle. The case for kiffin and prime is getting past uga, the case for everyone else is getting better.

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Yes. But theres 4-5 coaches that can get us back to beating the miss schools and arky. And we’ll feel better for 2 years. It’s the “5* wall” beyond that where we usually start firing coaches. Imo We’re so desperate and panic’d right now - we’ll run back to what keeps us in the middle. The case for kiffen and prime is getting past uga, the case for everyone else is getting better.

I agree, we need to do something big in recruiting now. 

On 11/4/2022 at 2:29 PM, kennypowers said:

Moving a black man into an interim HC spot isn't proving color doesn't matter.  It's the easiest way to say "look, we had a black head coach once".  It's nice to see Caddy as HC, but until the actual signed HC is a black man, we aren't "proving" anything.

Maybe Caddy got the role because he is a die hard orange and blue guy that loves Auburn and we want to retain in the next regime.  Maybe skin color had nothing to do at all with it and Carnell earned his role based on his performance and love of AU?

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, GoAU said:

Maybe Caddy got the role because he is a die hard orange and blue guy that loves Auburn and we want to retain in the next regime.  Maybe skin color had nothing to do at all with it and Carnell earned his role based on his performance and love of AU?

It didn’t. He earned it. And pure coaching joy, energy can matter.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, keywest said:

Grimes was a marginal recruiter while at Auburn

13 hours ago, keywest said:

Again, Grimes has a long resume of being a marginal recruiter at best

Yeah, you're just wrong.

https://247sports.com/Coach/Jeff-Grimes-18/AllTimeRecruits/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

@AU-24 Hugh Freeze and his Liberty team just beat Arkansas. NOW what are we going to do ?    :-\

I know. Of course, I fully realize he has baggage but if a southern Baptist, evangelical Christian school can forgive him and sign him to a 10 year contract, why can’t we? It actually seems like we have some pretty good coaching options.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, GoAU said:

Agree! It is an insult to Caddy for anyone to suggest Caddy got the job because of his skin color. He was without a doubt, the “best man” available for the job, and the “best man” got the hire!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, AU-24 said:

I know. Of course, I fully realize he has baggage but if a southern Baptist, evangelical Christian school can forgive him and sign him to a 10 year contract, why can’t we? It actually seems like we have some pretty good coaching options.

Because religious affiliation has no correlation with morals or ethics.

Edited by msza
  • Dislike 1

22 hours ago, keywest said:

Again, Grimes has a long resume of being a marginal recruiter at best with big budgets and ZERO head coaching experience. Sanders in a very SHORT time has proven to be an outstanding recruiter with extremely limited budget (signed the top 18 recruits in the history of JSU in less than 24 months), assemble a very talented staff (better than Harsin's) with limited budget at small program, head coaching experience, it is beyond clear kids WANT to play for him and he would be a PR machine (unlike Grimes).

Isn't signing the top 18 recruits in the history of JSU akin to being the valedictorian of summer school? That's quite a low bar there.

• Like 1

On 11/5/2022 at 9:14 AM, Mikey said:

So, it doesn't matter who AU hires or how many games they lose, AU will still recruit well? That seems to be what you are saying.

Never said that nor implied it.

Your point was Prime "would electrify AU until the losses started piling up."

No matter how many losses, Prime will never stop recruiting and landing top talent. Same as guys like Sark, Venables and Cristobal.

Hell, even Marcus Freeman was left for dead after an 0-2 start. Yet he's got the #3 class thus far.

Prime will be no different. If hired, AU will struggle the first season due to the talent depletion still here.

Make no mistake, he will out-recruit everyone I just mentioned and as the recruits pile up over 2-3 years, he will field a monster.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2022 at 1:24 AM, AU-24 said:

@AU-24

Yes we do. The names mentioned in public each have their strengths and weaknesses. Because of that, we all have our favorites depending on what we think Auburn needs the most. I think it's recruiting but others may have different priorities.

But from the current pool of Kiffin, Deion, Grimes, Freeze and Lanning, I don't think we will go wrong with any of them. We both have our choices but just watch, some coach will come out of the blue and we'll all get caught off guard, LOL. 

Edited by IronMan70
  • Like 2